Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. (432 Views)

What Is Responsible For The Exorbitant Price Of Apartment This Days / Renting An Office Space Orchard Road For Your Business / Cost Of Renting An Apartment In Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by kolinz01(m): 1:16am On Nov 07, 2020
Thanks. �
Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by Bluntguy: 2:42am On Nov 07, 2020
Can a temporary job fund a permanent abode? Advice yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by inforesource: 3:19am On Nov 07, 2020
That's a foolish step. Your expenditure is more than your income. You need no advice.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by kolinz01(m): 6:54am On Nov 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Can you get another with around 300k total package. If you can, go for this. 420k is too much. Press hard in job hunting.

Thank you. I have been searching for an apartment for months now and I have spent about 15k just for inspection fee already. The agents would say you can get a cheap one, but they'll show you a security house in a compound and it goes for 250k per year.
Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by kolinz01(m): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2020
Bluntguy:
Can a temporary job fund a permanent abode? Advice yourself.

Thank you. I don't have a permanent job yet sir. Should I wait until I do before getting an apartment?
Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by kolinz01(m): 7:35am On Nov 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Better
Cause the regular price is 250k per year

That agent you gave 15k to just for searching is your enemy. Avoid him. The normal fee is between 2000 and 5000 Naira

Thank you. I actually meant I have spent over 15k on all the agents I have contacted.

Plus the security house they show me is really small (not upto 2.5m X 2.5m) and doesn't even have kitchen.
Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by kolinz01(m): 8:03am On Nov 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Eeyah. Now I get

I've seen a few BQ even in ikoyi on the forum but for 350. You can be rest assured you'll have peace of mind in such kind of places rather than crowded apartments.

I like to encourage you not to be hasty. And to also consider business. Or job hunting... As you continue with your house hunting. I recommend plenty of patience so you can choose right. I'm personally not comfortable with many of the houses situated around Obalende and Co.

Thank you. I do appreciate this.
Re: I Feel Like I Am About To Make A Mistake By Renting An Apartment This Expensive. by ThaThinka: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
kolinz01:

Thank you. I have been searching for an apartment for months now and I have spent about 15k just for inspection fee already. The agents would say you can get a cheap one, but they'll show you a security house in a compound and it goes for 250k per year.

This one really cracked me up. grin

Now, I understand (a bit) better why some people prefer to go through the stress of commuting from places like Ikorodu and Mowe.

(1) (Reply)

Better Timely Data Collection, Analysis And Visualization Using ODK, SPSS/STATA / New Batch From The Free Skill Acquisition Training From Adejane Foundation. / Death Of Nysc Members – Uniuyo Declares One-week Mourning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.