Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. (3356 Views)

Too Much Noise In Nigeria; People Just Want Your Money — Ukrainian Lady (Video) / Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 08, 2020
Hey guys, I'm looking to get away from noise and crowded environments. Nigerians are naturally loud and have no regard for neighbours. Infact the churches around my location host activities almost on a daily basis. I need peace, quietness, nature.

So I'm looking for a quiet town or village (Yes o, even if it's a village) that is next to a busy city. Something around a 20 minutes - 1 hour journey to the city.

The 3 important factors I need are:
1) Good electricity supply (15 hours +)
2) Security
3) Good/manageable road to the city

So guys where can you suggest for me?. I'm planning to move/relocate there by January.

I also don't want to go to the north, except Abuja. The map below shows the region I'd like to stay in (Abuja, west, south, east).

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2020
This were the factors I considered and I'm reaping the rewards. 12 hours light daily. I take bike whenever I need to dash to Lagos. I'm the king here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 08, 2020
One region on my list are the areas in ogun state (because ogun state generally has good electricity supply) that are close to Lagos. But I don't know if they are secure to live in.

Please I need your suggestions guys, even if na village I no mind. cheesy
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:
This were the factors I considered and I'm reaping the rewards. 12 hours light daily. I take bike whenever I need to dash to Lagos. I'm the king here cheesy
I'm suspecting agbara area. Is it safe there?
Bro Abeg tell me the location na cheesy. I don tire for noise walahi.
I just wan live like white man. grin
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Colonelswitz101(m): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Where exactly is that sir?
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2020
Colonelswitz101:

Where exactly is that sir?
Hahaha. So if everybody likes serenity, who are those disturbing the peace? grin
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Colonelswitz101(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Hahaha. So if everybody likes serenity, who are those disturbing the peace? grin
Lol
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Lol

My 2 Bedroom is even extremely cheap. Na cruise life I dey here
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Don't go to Agbara o
I take God take beg you, everywhere around Badagry is no. People don't prosper in those axial o
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Lol

My 2 Bedroom is even extremely cheap. Na cruise life I dey here
Kai I envy you.
I used to have a place like that after agbara. 60k for a one bedroom, a brand new house. 12 - 14 hours light.
But the issue was road. In rainy season you will literally swim mud water before you get to the main road. Bike to main road was N150 then transport to lasu gate N150.
I for stay there if not for bad road from the house location to main road.

1 Like

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Michelle55: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2020
Why not try out ewekoro in ogun state(after Lafarge cement company)? It's a nice environment and the light supply is topnotch. The road not too entirely bad.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Kai I envy you.
I used to have a place like that after agbara. 60k for a one bedroom, a brand new house. 12 - 14 hours light.
But the issue was road. In rainy season you will literally swim mud water before you get to the main road. Bike to main road was N150 then transport to lasu gate N150.
I for stay there if not for bad road from the house location to main road.

Economic activities don't thrive in all those axis jare. I had a room I used as a chilling point around Adolf. So calm, you won't believe you're in Lagos.

Moving my Dstv, flat screen and inverter this week I can't shout.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2020
Michelle55:
Why not try out ewekoro in ogun state(after Lafarge cement company)? It's a nice environment and the light supply is topnotch. The road not too entirely bad.
Thank you so much for this. I have taken note of your suggestion.
I'll consider all the suggestions I get and then decide on a final location (putting all factors into consideration).
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Economic activities don't thrive in all those axis jare. I had a room I used as a chilling point around Adolf. So calm, you won't believe you're in Lagos.

Moving my Dstv, flat screen and inverter this week I can't shout.
That's the advantage for me. I work online. That's why I need a place with good electricity. Me na Dstv and ps4 I dey use keep myself busy. If I need anything or need some social fun and noise, I dash into the city for the day.
When I'm done (in the evening /night) I head back to my quiet location away from chaos. grin

This is how white people live.

5 Likes

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

That's the advantage for me. I work online. That's why I need a place with good electricity. Me na Dstv and ps4 I dey use keep myself busy. If I need anything or need some social fun and noise, I dash into the city for the day.
When I'm done (in the evening /night) I head back to my quiet location away from chaos. grin

This is how white people live.

You just described my life. If you see even village I dey go.. grin. As long as my devices are powered. Next on my agenda is a scooter and a mini bus to balance things up. I can't shout

3 Likes

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Don't go to Agbara o
I take God take beg you, everywhere around Badagry is no. People don't prosper in those axial o
Lol, no problem. Na just quietness and electricity I need. God pass them.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

You just described my life. If you see even village I dey go.. grin. As long as my devices are powered. Next on my agenda is a scooter and a mini bus to balance things up. I can't shout
Lol cheesy. Perfect.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Lol, no problem. Na just quietness and electricity I need. God pass them.

Shoot for Isheri axis then. The entire communities before Lasu, the areas after igando. My entire problem with this locations is excessive quietness
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Lol cheesy. Perfect.

Female company is next on the agenda as all things are set. If you know what I mean wink
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2020
Ewekoro and the communities after Ifo in Ogun State also fits into the kind of place for you. I spent some time here. And damn, the village streams saw it in my hand. grin

Other communities that fits into what you're looking for:

Ijebu igbo and the entire communities around Ogun State University

Sagamu/Ikenne

Magboro and the communities behind Punch Newspapers

The communities behind RCCG Camp

Abijo GRA, and the communities around ibedun Lekki stretching to Epe. Plenty of holdup. But if you stay in mostly, not bad for you
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Shoot for Isheri axis then. The entire communities before Lasu, the areas after igando. My entire problem with this locations is excessive quietness
Thanks man. I know that stretch of road from Igando junction to LASU gate.
Can one get a good selfcon with a budget of 150k?
If I can even get a full house without neighbours I'm willing to pay more. I don't want to be fighting with neighbours and telling them to reduce their music.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Thanks man. I know that stretch of road from Igando junction to LASU gate.
Can one get a good selfcon with a budget of 150k?
If I can even get a full house without neighbours I'm willing to pay more. I don't want to be fighting with neighbours and telling them to reduce their music.

Yes you can. Houses are cheap there. I've stayed in roughly 83 cities across the country and trust me when I say we both are similar... With your need. One thing I'm not certain around that area is light though. But other things fits.. Investigate light before you pay for anything o. If you were willing to explore, I would have suggested Ogun State. And even told you the house to rent sef
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Ewekoro and the communities after Ifo in Ogun State also fits into the kind of place for you. I spent some time here. And damn, the village streams saw it in my hand. grin

Other communities that fits into what you're looking for:

Ijebu igbo and the entire communities around Ogun State University

Sagamu/Ikenne

Magboro and the communities behind Punch Newspapers

The communities behind RCCG Camp

Abijo GRA, and the communities around ibedun Lekki stretching to Epe. Plenty of holdup. But if you stay in mostly, not bad for you
Thanks man, I've taken note of all the locations suggested and I'm bookmarking this thread.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:38am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Thanks man, I've taken note of all the locations suggested and I'm bookmarking this thread.

I travelled and stayed in many of these communities in my own quest for solace. Now, I even meet property owners and offer monthly rents for some, and others quarterly as I live this new life of balancing solace, nature and work life

I look for the poshest apartments in secluded cities cause people don't rent often, make an offer to the house owners and move in. At a time many times, I have almost 3 to 4 apartments cheesy The bliss is real bro

1 Like

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Yes you can. Houses are cheap there. I've stayed in roughly 83 cities across the country and trust me when I say we both are similar... With your need. One thing I'm not certain around that area is light though. But other things fits.. Investigate light before you pay for anything o. If you were willing to explore, I would have suggested Ogun State. And even told you the house to rent sef
Exactly, ogun is on my watch list. I've lived in a few cities too. I would've started exploring right away if I was close to Lagos.
I made the mistake of relocating to jos. Electricity is good but security isn't guaranteed.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Exactly, ogun is on my watch list. I've lived in a few cities too. I would've started exploring right away if I was close to Lagos.
I made the mistake of relocating to jos. Electricity is good but security isn't guaranteed.

Ogun is the new real deal for pro-ICT inclined individuals o. 15/18 hours a day, no traffic, easy access to good food and a desire to please by the entire community. I have them beneath my thumb cheesy
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by illicit(m): 10:41am On Nov 08, 2020
try somewhere along ibadan/Osogbo route....
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I travelled and stayed in many of these communities in my own quest for solace. Now, I even meet property owners and offer monthly rents for some, and others quarterly as I live this new life of balancing solace, nature and work life

I look for the poshest apartments in secluded cities cause people don't rent often, make an offer to the house owners and move in. At a time many times, I have almost 3 to 4 apartments cheesy The bliss is real bro
Great. You're indeed an explorer. I only wish we paid rent monthly here like in most other African countries.

3 Likes

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by RedPhoenix: 10:44am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

Great. You're indeed an explorer. I only wish we paid rent monthly here like in most other African countries.

I make the offer. Look for posh apartments that fit your tastes and make the offer. They rather have the little than leave it vacant. Control them with money. Tell them like any you're renting now you have a project and need a place for just 6 months. Simple.

Yes. Nothing been the life of an explorer. If I gave you a tour cheesy You'll never consider Urban dwelling again grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I make the offer. Look for posh apartments that fit your tastes and make the offer. They rather have the little than leave it vacant. Control them with money. Tell them like any you're renting now you have a project and need a place for just 6 months. Simple.
Ok, I've taken note of that. I appreciate.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Yes. Nothing been the life of an explorer. If I gave you a tour cheesy You'll never consider Urban dwelling again grin
Perfect, I'll keep this in mind.
Re: Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. by lymelyte(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2020
Benzoway:

it would have been so good. The west practice this and it has helped migration btw urban, suburban and rural areas alot..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Months Does It Really To Process { PR} To Canada / See What The Interior Of An Aeroplane Looks Like In 1930 / List Of Available Bsc And Masters Courses For Spring 2010 In Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.