Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

How To Dress To A Job Interview! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Dress To A Job Interview! (23407 Views)

Lady Wears Skipmy Dress To An Event (Photos, Video) / Anjy Luminee's Dress To Bobrisky’s 30th Birthday Party Causes Stir / Ladies Can You Rock This Fake Ass Dress To An Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Dress To A Job Interview! by crimmish: 11:15am On Nov 09, 2020
Dressing matters a lot in job interview, before saying anything to the employer; your dressing already says it all because you made the first impression with your dressing.

Every organization has its own dress code virtually for only interviews, then dressing at work really doesn't matter to them.

The guidelines stated here are commonly accepted rules for the right dressing to interviews.

MEN
1. Dress professionally according to the position you are applying for. Generally, when we talk about dressing to interviews; then we mean wearing suit, it is not appropriate to dress down for an interview regardless to the organization dress code.

2. Be conservative in your dressing when doubting about the dress code.
Wear dark colored suit for interviews like black, navy-blue and compliment with a light colored shirt. Choose bright colors for the shirt, this is the most appropriate way to dress for interview.

3. Match your colors perfectly with socks, ties, shoes and belts.

4. The suit should provide comfortability and fitness for adequate confidence during the interview. Try and invest in a new suit if you do not feel eased in your old suit to ensure you look and act your best during the interview.

5. Ensure all your outfits are iron-pressed, clean and neat. Have a clean bathe the morning of the interview and wear deodorant and do not wear body spray or perfumes with offensive or too strong smell, in order not to cause an allergic reaction at the place of interview.

6. Avoid wearing flashy, too bright or loud color ties to the interview so that you won't call for unnecessary attention.

7. Always go to interviews with fresh breath. Always have your teeth brushed before leaving for interview. Do not eat before an interview.

8. Keep your hair conservative, clean and neat.

WOMEN
1. Mostly for women, a suit with skirt or pant trouser should be worn. Be more conservative in your dressing when in doubt.

2. Always go for suit with comfortability and fitness, if you are using a waistband; avoid being too tight in order not to cut you into halves and making you look uneased. You might visit the tailor if you have an old suit you want to adjust.

3. Suits for interviews should look simple and be chosen in dark colors. Never wear suit that is too tight, has bright color, too short to interviews as the employers might lay complaint about this which would not give you credit on your part. You can choose a pant trouser or a skirt with knee-length.

4. Choose the appropriate blouse to compliment your suit. Do not compliment your suit with blouses with floral print, animal prints, geometric prints or lacy styles.

5. Makeup to be applied should not be heavy or cakey; it should be a simple makeup with neutral tones complimenting your skin color. Nail polish should be flattering, do not use bright colors or fix the long type of nails to an interview.

6. Avoid loads of accessories and jewelries, keep your jewelry to a low and minimise the accessories used for your hair.

7. Shoes should be low-heeled. Do not wear shoes with an open toe or back; any shoes you know you would love to wear to club or on a date, then those type of shoes are generally inappropriate for interviews. Owning a basic pump say it all as it is the best kind of shoes for official outings.

Source: BalFashion

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by lovdoc: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2020
That tension when going for an interview mehn! cool

Nice post thou

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Techguyz(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
So informative. Meanwhile,

FTC�

I dedicate this to the fallen #EndSARS heroes.

Buhari and his cohorts will never go unpunished. They will die a miserable death insha Allah. Amin

4 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by crafteeworld: 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
For naija here who dor get the job dor get am b4 d interview...

Even if he wear boxers and shimi go

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Cocobongo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
It should be how to dress when wooing a girl....
This is a digital world not those days when dress matters...if you want ask the ladies... Is not by dress but by what you have to offer.

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by SleekyPosh(m): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Which Job you see.... Mad People....

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by slawormiir: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Ogbeni op you try...but interview na scam for Nigeria
Not to talk of bothering yourself on what to wear

Na Nigeria them for dey collect appointment and resumption of duty letters before interview..we know the story. If you doubt...check most federal govt parastatals..my cousin get appointment letter plus resumption of duty plus regularization letter before them call them for interview for uniben

crafteeworld:
For naija here who dor get the job dor get am b4 d interview...
Even if he wear boxers and shimi go
You must be a real niggarr
I owe you something...but you must choose wisely
I owe you a nord vpn or cyberghost vpn username and password for you to huzzle or a paid runs babe or a parcel of weed...
Choose wisely

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by sofiscatedmoron: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Suit and tie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by ignis: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
For Naija, na connection sure pass. The people that finally gets the job don't even need to go through assessment and interview stage.
Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by ThatKING(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
But where the job dey??

10 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by DATMAT(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
A stripe Shirt on Stripe Tie is a No No for Men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by VEXT: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
All na wash, if u no get person for top.....

Get the right connection... With the right connection,you have already gotten the job.. Who interview help now....

12 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
Wow wow wow smiley
Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by SoftP(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
If u like wear blazers or Tuxedo,

If u don’t have the right connection, u might just be decently seated on que waiting for ur turn while those Lafida smelling people who specialize in chewing Guoro, with regalia and dirty slippers will just walk passed you into the HR’s office and smile out with their employment letters.

The interview coordinator will only frown out and tell you,
‘YOU WILL HEAR FROM US’

Forget this ur long epistle @ Op,
This life nor balance

11 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Lovelies1: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
If God be for you. Even voices will accept you.

Dress well though

9 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Balenciagaokey: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
cool
Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by fidel2(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
u want make Dem ask u say u nor get work how come you get money buy suit abi??

1 Like

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Muftimenk: 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
Okay

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Louisboy22(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
After all the addressing u will still not get the job

3 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by octembu: 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
In Nigeria, getting the job is not by dressing.

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Barka00(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
Dress like Buhari

1 Like

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by AFvckingAlpha(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

This post is for them niggarrs who are ok to be other folks employee!

As for me I'm my own boss, aint no bothering myself with some crappy dress code shit.

Who gon employ me with my fvcking dreads??

Thats why I keep roaming the internet anonymously, trying to get paid, be my own boss.

Cos aint no job for niggars out there, and we trying to level the playing field as the niggarr wasnt born with a silver spoon.

With my cyberghost and Fake GPS, I can be in North Las Vegas or Corpus Christi close to the Mexican border twice on a monday afternoon searching for love.

Who needs a naggy employer when I get to deposit btc in my wallet daily.

Niggarr level up!!

I said what I said!!!

5 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by mide8989: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
Yes. Really educative.
Dress the way you want to be addressed.
If you dress responsibly, people will take you for a responsible person even if you are not and vice versa.

In other news, join my telegram channel for daily basketball tips of 1.85-1.9 odds that is delivering very well. Today's game posted. We lost only twice in the last 12 days.
Check my signature.

Today's game has been posted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by MarveworldNG: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
crimmish:
Dressing matters a lot in job interview, before saying anything to the employer; your dressing already says it all because you made the first impression with your dressing.

Every organization has its own dress code virtually for only interviews, then dressing at work really doesn't matter to them.

The guidelines stated here are commonly accepted rules for the right dressing to interviews.

MEN
1. Dress professionally according to the position you are applying for. Generally, when we talk about dressing to interviews; then we mean wearing suit, it is not appropriate to dress down for an interview regardless to the organization dress code.

2. Be conservative in your dressing when doubting about the dress code.
Wear dark colored suit for interviews like black, navy-blue and compliment with a light colored shirt. Choose bright colors for the shirt, this is the most appropriate way to dress for interview.

3. Match your colors perfectly with socks, ties, shoes and belts.

4. The suit should provide comfortability and fitness for adequate confidence during the interview. Try and invest in a new suit if you do not feel eased in your old suit to ensure you look and act your best during the interview.

5. Ensure all your outfits are iron-pressed, clean and neat. Have a clean bathe the morning of the interview and wear deodorant and do not wear body spray or perfumes with offensive or too strong smell, in order not to cause an allergic reaction at the place of interview.

6. Avoid wearing flashy, too bright or loud color ties to the interview so that you won't call for unnecessary attention.

7. Always go to interviews with fresh breath. Always have your teeth brushed before leaving for interview. Do not eat before an interview.

8. Keep your hair conservative, clean and neat.

WOMEN
1. Mostly for women, a suit with skirt or pant trouser should be worn. Be more conservative in your dressing when in doubt.

2. Always go for suit with comfortability and fitness, if you are using a waistband; avoid being too tight in order not to cut you into halves and making you look uneased. You might visit the tailor if you have an old suit you want to adjust.

3. Suits for interviews should look simple and be chosen in dark colors. Never wear suit that is too tight, has bright color, too short to interviews as the employers might lay complaint about this which would not give you credit on your part. You can choose a pant trouser or a skirt with knee-length.

4. Choose the appropriate blouse to compliment your suit. Do not compliment your suit with blouses with floral print, animal prints, geometric prints or lacy styles.

5. Makeup to be applied should not be heavy or cakey; it should be a simple makeup with neutral tones complimenting your skin color. Nail polish should be flattering, do not use bright colors or fix the long type of nails to an interview.

6. Avoid loads of accessories and jewelries, keep your jewelry to a low and minimise the accessories used for your hair.

7. Shoes should be low-heeled. Do not wear shoes with an open toe or back; any shoes you know you would love to wear to club or on a date, then those type of shoes are generally inappropriate for interviews. Owning a basic pump say it all as it is the best kind of shoes for official outings.

Source: BalFashion
Story.
No connection No job in Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by SmartPolician: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
Guys, you don't necessarily need a tie for an interview. If you have a sharp trouser and shirt, perfect. You don't need a suit either.

For the ladies, make sure you don't expose your boobs when you go for an interview.

Putting on tubes that expose your cleavage is enough for you to be disqualified by a female panelist who has an eye for your supposed boss.

5 Likes

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by tolumizzy(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
Na sef employ rock pass.....

1 Like

Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Perfecttouch(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
Mtchew
I dress anyhow I want to my work place, sometimes am even on shorts and palm slipper, and go whenever I feel like..
Re: How To Dress To A Job Interview! by Omezif(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
if you are in america behave and dress like american ! If you are in school behave and dress like a student ! If you are seeking job in nigeria and behaving and dressing like canadians no job for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AMAZING: Rukky Sanda Transforms Into An Indian Woman in New Photo / Lumenni Bombo, One-Armed Model At Angolan Fashion Week 2016 / Where Can I Purchase Mannequins In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.