Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers (7688 Views)

Report Your Lecturers To Me. VC Tells Class Reps / How To Sort Your Lecturers For Extra Marks In Exams: 7 Secret Techniques / 10 Photos Taken Before Tragedy Or Death.. Paul walker on no 1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by AJohnnasa(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
Schooling in Nigeria can be exciting and interesting, but at other times it can be super stressful. If you are a student in a Nigerian university, you would agree that most lecturers are not jovial with their students. Reason for this remains unknown.

Although some Nigerian lecturers may argue that students tend to take them for granted or get carried away if they become jovial or playful with them. Students on their part, believe that Nigerian lecturers are unnecessarily strict, and wish to be worshipped as demigods.

Recently, a young Nigerian man, Olabinjo asked compatriots who live abroad to share experiences which surprised them, an event which came as a crude culture shock to them simply because it is totally different from what is obtainable in Nigeria. Apparently, Olabinjo had experienced series of surprising events during his stay abroad to want to know what other Nigerians who live abroad had encountered. Talk about not wanting to feel alone.

Many jumped at the question to share some of their diverse experiences from school, place of work, in traffic, at the supermarket etc., but for this piece, let us focus on the reaction of Nigerians who live and school abroad.

Continue reading: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=8aa15cb1568d2ccfd93ceb38749a074c&news_entry_id=s6b79ed09201110en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_d9dd183e-ead8-46e2-81cc-e8a1b6deb781&from=news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by YoonSung57: 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
hmmm wetin make we talk now?

1 Like

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Perfecttouch(m): 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nigerian lecturers?
If dem even perceive say you go graduate as first class student from your year one,
You don bosi owo aye be that.
They will automatically connect with your village people with wifi stronger than 6g and make sure dem frustrate u

26 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by AJohnnasa(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Perfecttouch:
Nigerian lecturers?
If dem even perceive say you go graduate as first class student from your year one,
You don bosi owo aye be that.
They will automatically connect with your village people with wifi stronger than 6g and make sure dem frustrate u

LOL. A friend of mine had that terrible experience in our 300 level.

6 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by mespusinglez(m): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nigerian Lecturers are not that bad

back then I saw 22 as my GST English score on the notice board and my exam was written ABSENT.

so i complained to one of my lecturer. I was surprised how quietly he stood up and said lets go to the GST dept...we went there and he enter the office and bla bla bla some minutes later he came out with the lecturer and we went to the exam office and I was told to find by paper.

i went straight to my group and was searching and BOOM I saw my exam Booklet with a Big (46)

46+22=68 i.e B

the lecturer apologizes and immediately corrected it

BUT i said BUT
if it's the university that am in right NOW, if you have a C.O whether you failed it or the fault is from them just forget it and register for the course again

i won't tell the name of the Uni sha but it's in the Middle belt and their fee is 45K grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Amotolongbo(f): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
There is always a very wide gap between Nigerian lecturers that had touch(es) of foreign education and Nigerian lecturers who had all their academic certificates here in Nigeria, talking about the lecturer-student relationship and interaction

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by AJohnnasa(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
mespusinglez:

back then I saw 22 as my GST English score on the notice board and my exam was written ABSENT.

so i complained to one of my lecturer. I was surprised how quietly he stood up and said lets go to the GST dept...we went there and he enter the office and bla bla bla some minutes later he came out with the lecturer and we went to the exam office and I was told to find by paper.

i went straight to my group and was searching and BOOM I saw my exam Booklet with a Big (46)

46+22=68 i.e B

BUT i said BUT
if it's the university that am in right NOW, if you have a C.O whether you failed it or the fault is from them just forget it and register for the course again

i won't tell the name of the Uni sha but it's in the Middle belt and their fee is 45K grin

Of course, everyone cannot be the same. Good luck in your new university. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by AJohnnasa(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
There is always a very wide gap between Nigerian lecturers that had touch(es) of foreign education and Nigerian lecturers who had all their academic certificates here in Nigeria, talking about the lecturer-student relationship and interaction

You're right. The ones who schooled abroad are a little more jovial than their colleagues who never left the shores of Nigeria for education.

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by THUNDAR(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
I used to have one lecturer that will read Further maths handout to us instead of solving on the board, and will ask "Do you understand" and everybody will shout "YES SIR"

If them born you well say No

28 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Uyi168: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
The thing is, those of us in this part of the world are barely SURVING..
This is not how life is meant to be lived..

Nigerian lecturers that see themselves as demigods... Very outdated and wicked sets of people..

13 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by thesicilian: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kindness is a personal trait, not a national attribute.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by tuwayz(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
mespusinglez:

46+22=68 i.e B

BUT i said BUT

Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State�

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by AJohnnasa(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
thesicilian:
Kindness is a personal trait, not a national attribute.

Of course, it is not a national attribute, but how many of your Nigerian lecturers possess such personal trait?

1 Like

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by iPrevail(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2020
I lost my Dad the week I was supposed to deliver my project to the Lecturer in charge.

I was traumatized and torn apart by his death.
Worst part... I was barely halfway through the project and was already out of time..

Thought if I approached my Lecturer and told him my plight I might get an extension or waiver of some sort.

These were his exact words... "Your Dad is dead? So what's my business?". He went on to express in very clear terms how he didn't give a sh!t and how I wouldn't graduate if I didn't submit the project to him within the stipulated time.

... Well, I didn't graduate.

But I know one day I'll meet that fool again, this time he'll be old and frail.. And I'll make sure he pays for his many sins.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by kambili999(f): 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hmmmm.

This country na cruise.
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by mespusinglez(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
tuwayz:

Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State�
NO
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by mespusinglez(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
iPrevail:
I lost my Dad the week I was supposed to deliver my project to the Lecturer in charge.

Worst part... I was barely halfway through the project and was already out of time..

Thought if I approached my Lecturer and told him my plight I might get an extension or waiver of some sort.

These were his exact words... "Your Dad is dead? So what's my business?". He went on to express in very clear terms how he didn't give a sh!t and how I wouldn't graduate if I didn't submit the project to him within the stipulated time.

But I know one day I'll meet that fool again, this time he'll be old and frail.. And I'll make sure he pays for his many sins.

Never Repay Evil With Evil

14 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Abilistic(m): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Lol.......

In Nigeria they will frustrate you until you spend 10 years doing 4 years course!
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Karleb(m): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
iPrevail:

This is bad!

I'm still waiting for the day I'll meet my project supervisor as well, I will shock that guy!

6 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Karleb(m): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
mespusinglez:
Never Repay Evil With Evil
If you want to preach please go to church.

8 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by mespusinglez(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Karleb:

If you want to preach please go to church.
that's not preaching Man
it's an Advice

5 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by DAramis: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
Perfecttouch:

shocked shocked shocked

grin cheesy grin
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by kode12: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
iPrevail:

Your dad's death did not cause your project delay, from your words you were already behind schedule before your loss.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Generalwoodz(m): 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Everything is wrong with this country angry angry angry

"A young Brit said to his lecturer; but that's a stupid point"
The oyibo lecturer gonna be like cry cry cry cry cry
Afterwards they meet in a cafe over a cup of coffee and chit chat.
Lecturer: l m so sorry for making "stupid point" I promise not to try it ever again. Na apologies be that oh. Nothing like " A is for me, ,B is for sango"

Young Brit: Thats fine. You're welcome.
Asin nobody is forming Oracle here.

Welcome to Nigeria.

Just yesterday evening I was talking with some girls from a federal school here in the north.
Me: how was your day ? I asked.
Girl 1: shakes her head and in a voice so depressing answered "very bad"
Me: what happened ? I enquired like a perfect general
Girl 1:. A lecturer sent us out of his class.
Me: for what reason ? Maka why l ? I demanded.

Girl 2: "Because we corrected his English" Girl 2 who had kept to herself all these while bursted in a manner so replusive.

I was shocked like oga Buhari.

"Stop standing at the back of my front "

I come correct you base on say na your student I be, you say make I comot from your class

Nigerian lecturers are demigods. But brainless

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Nickshrapnel: 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
My lecturer refused to approve my seminar topic because I didn’t greet him when I saw him the other day outside campus. I had to lie I didn’t see him, it took 2 weeks of begging before he later approved it

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by sharpwriter(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
THUNDAR:
I used to have one lecturer that will read Further maths handout to us instead of solving on the board, and will ask "Do you understand" and everybody will shout "YES SIR"

If them born you well say No

Hahahaha.. See as I dey laf here. Dem no dey argue with mad man na cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Aminu212: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
My lecturer refused to approve my seminar topic because I didn’t greet him when I saw him the other day outside campus. I had to lie I didn’t see him, it took 2 weeks of begging before he later approved it
grin grin
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by adinoyi360: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
mespusinglez:

46+22=68 i.e B

BUT i said BUT

university of jos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by angelfallz(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
Please and please, that is the UK. They have their own way of doing things. We are in Nigeria and we have our own way of doing things.
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by bobbybrown007: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
my own ehn, e fit be say nah carro o
Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by Holamilekan97(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
kode12:

Your dad's death did not cause your project delay, from your words you were already behind schedule before your loss.

Re: Can Your Lecturers Be This Kind? 10 Photos To Compare Them With Abroad Lecturers by engrchykae(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
small gods who disgrace themselves as electoral rigging machines for political hoodlums

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Offa 'fedpoffa Admission 2014/2015 / 2016 Maltina Teacher Of The Year Competition Application Ongoing / Tuition Free Masters Degree In Uk And Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.