Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,181 members, 7,849,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break (509 Views)

24-Year-Old Student Killed By Her Lover In Benin After She Call Off Relationship / Lady Turns Into Snake In Benin After Alighting From Yahoo Boy's Benz - Residents / Yahoo Boy “Runs Mad” In Benin After His Father’s Death. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by MRSAWEDOFF: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZDmYl6gx8

Last Thursday, a band of daring armed robbers invaded a popular hotel in Benin city, ransacked all the rooms for more than four hours without challenge.

According to some media outlets, armed robbers in the Edo State capital are becoming more daring due to the absence of police and other security agents.

A source told us that since policemen vacated the streets following the EndSARS protests, criminals have moved from carjacking to robbing big hotels in the city.

“In the latest incident last Thursday, the armed robbers stormed a hotel located at a distance of less than 500 metres from the Edo State Government House, robbed the 13 occupants and staff and still spent some time on a drinking spree,” the source said.

information of the attack on a hotel in Benin by armed robbers shows that the Edo State government needs to redouble their security apparatus to protect Edo residents.

According to this new video that is making rounds on social media, Asides hotels, the robbers also go house to house without any resistance from the police. Many of the criminals even show off their guns in the open.

Residents have been adviced to be mindful of when and where they go to. If they don't have any reason to go out, it is best they stay indoors to avoid being attacked by the hoodlums.

1 Like

Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by RedNStripes(f): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2020
Aftermath effects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by TossTos: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
One thing or the other must surely follows but it will be good if the governor quickly swings into action .
Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by Golan007: 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
Which police are you calling for?

Is this some kind of trick you are playing to lure policemen out so you can behead them?

Nonsense.
Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by haffaze777(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
Golan007:
Which police are you calling for?

Is this some kind of trick you are playing to lure policemen out so you can behead them?

Nonsense.

God go punish any police that interfere between pissful protester and Innocent prisoners matter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by MossadAgent: 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
I studied briefly at UNIBEN before leaving that dead state for good.

One thing I got from Benin is how young people back then where no way interested in bettering themselves through education or a skill. The only thing that matters to them is going abroad and they will do anything to achieve this.

They have no respect for you schooling or getting a legit hustle . They see anyone still in Nigeria as being stupid despite them still in Nigeria. According to them they are transiting unlike you that is wasting your time trying to better yourself ..

This mentality allows for them to do anything to get enough cash to leave Nigeria and when they get to Europe with no single skill, education and their stark illiteracy , they continue whatever rubbish they were doing in Benin in Europe .

Can not forget the day I was on transit from Germany to Nigeria and some benin people from Italy boarded . They were crude, arrogant and rude to the cabin crew. One even sat in business section and when told to leave he began making a scene .

Shame never catch me for my life for being a Nigerian .

What is happening in Benin is a total failure and lack of values .

2 Likes

Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by Golan007: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2020
MossadAgent:
I studied briefly at UNIBEN before leaving that dead state for good.

One thing I got from Benin is how young people back then where no way interested in bettering themselves through education or a skill. The only thing that matters to them is going abroad and they will do anything to achieve this.

They have no respect for you schooling or getting a legit hustle . They see anyone still in Nigeria as being stupid despite them still in Nigeria. According to them they are transiting unlike you that is wasting your time trying to better yourself ..

This mentality allows for them to do anything to get enough cash to leave Nigeria and when they get to Europe with no single skill, education and their stark illiteracy , they continue whatever rubbish they were doing in Benin in Europe .

Can not forget the day I was on transit from Germany to Nigeria and some benin people from Italy boarded . They were crude, arrogant and rude to the cabin crew. One even sat in business section and when told to leave he began making a scene .

Shame never catch me for my life for being a Nigerian .

What is happening in Benin is a total failure and lack of values .

You finish them sha.

1 Like

Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by Babara1994(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2020
When you broke fence to release prisoners; what do you expect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video:edo Resident Allays Fears Over Rising Crime Rate In Benin After Jail Break by Mayng01(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2020
This reminds me of one of the fugitives when on street after being released, he said God bless una! Yes! This is the monster you created by setting hardened criminals on the loose. God bless una

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

AKSU Student Suspended For Allegedly Dissing Governor Udom Emmanuel On Facebook / Warning To Nigerian Youths: There Is A Fake National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF / Breaking : Unknown Men Set Sunday Igboho’s House Ablaze In Ibadan ( Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.