Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) (28925 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Man Who Asked Why 'Citation' Doesn't Have Subtitles / Bbnaija 2019:- Spoiler Alerts Ahead Of Bbnaija 4 Kick Off / Game Of Thrones Spoiler & Leak Thread (Please Avoid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by thuxzwda1: 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chii59:

Yeah very entertaining. I really need to pay more attention to the names of the movies I watch.
How about seasonal movies? Which ones are your favs?

You watched forever?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
thuxzwda1:

You watched forever?
No.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by 4ckyou: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chii59:

It takes more than the love for movies to be in a relationship. Thank you.

The journey of a thousand miles start with a single step

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
4ckyou:

The journey of a thousand miles start with a single step
Not this one.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Obzerfapex(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
I wanted to watch the movie but I stopped when I saw how the producer insulted a man and called him bastard for for giving his own opinion on the movie on twitter
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by 4ckyou: 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chii59:
Not this one.
LOL why are you negative about it?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
4ckyou:

LOL why are you negative about it?
Why are you insistent about it?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Dickson44: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
The one I watched didn't have subtitle for the French and Yoruba languages (wahala for who no sabi Yoruba and French), again, the duration is much
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by shayyverr: 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
dmk23:
I loved the movie. I even wish I can download the song at the end... MY CHILD.
I loved the adventure in the movie too. I never believed she would win the case. I think what helped was that I never knew that was Temi Otedola at the first instance.
I love the movie, I definitely would love to act in one of Kunle Afolayan movies one of these days.
It was a good one, thinking of what we females go through in the hands of wicked and callous lecturers. To even think that in the movie, everything she ever did was against her, I mean people who see her do such things would never believe she was innocent. It was either her or the lecturer who would go down.
The name also fits it perfectly.
If you haven't seen it, it is a must watch. You can watch it later, it is always on Netflix.
yossou Ndour- my child

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by realtalk19: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chii59:

Mostly action movies.
The old guard
Need for speed
John Wick 3 .. I can't remember many of their names now.

The cure- shortest action packed 30 minutes movie ever watched
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by mcgift(m): 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
It's a cool movie tho but I will still pick oloture over citation

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Clementz0(m): 1:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:

Guy, go and see movies India is making. Go and see what South Korea is making that made them swallow 4 Oscars this year. Go and see what North Africa is doing. Even the Arabs have picked up well. If we don't say the truth for what it is, we continually dwell in mediocrity. The movie is good, but dope is an over-exaggeration.
here you are talking about Indian and the rest in terms of adequate facility compared to these so called countries you mentioned Nigeria is lagging behind so, I didn't say the movie was 10/10 but I'll score it 8/10 they did well...we move

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Clementz0(m): 1:34am On Nov 24, 2020
Obzerfapex:
I wanted to watch the movie but I stopped when I saw how the producer insulted a man and called him bastard for for giving his own opinion on the movie on twitter
lol, the guy watched a pirated copy and was criticizing the producer for not providing interpretation to some of the scene, the producer was mad at him but he ought to have controlled his anger.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Neddstark: 4:30am On Nov 24, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Kunle Afolayan made a cameo appearance in his movie, classic! grin

Probably inspired by the legend himself, Stan Lee

This cameo was very unnecessary and unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Olatara(f): 5:11am On Nov 24, 2020
realokopi:
Alright.. Through email or whatsapp, which is your preference?
Email.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by 4ckyou: 6:02am On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:

Because I see the flow and if you guys decide to have a relationship, the friendship will never be dull.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by DaRuud(m): 6:24am On Nov 24, 2020
Forget about it , if it is Nollywood movie, once you see the poster or the beginning , you be seen it all

nwaezeemmanuel:
I heard a lot about Kunle Afolayan's recent film, Citation - positive and very negative reviews included.

So i had to download it online to see things for myself - would drop the link later, in case you've not watched it yet.

The film stars Temi Otedola who debuts in an acting role, the ever graceful veteran Joke Silva, Jimmy Jean Louis, Ini Edo, Gabriel Afolayan and more.

It is a drama/thriller that captures sexual harassment and rape in universities, inspired by real-life events.

So.

If You've Watched This Movie, What Are Your Thoughts About It?!

Is It A Good One Or Another Over Hyped Piece?!

Share your thoughts
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 24, 2020
4ckyou:

Because I see the flow and if you guys decide to have a relationship, the friendship will never be dull.
Nwaezeemmanuel, e be like say some nairalanders want us to marry by fire, by force, by thunder cheesy grin
The thing don tire me. Any final words for this guy?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 24, 2020
realokopi:
I am very fond of people that read though. Incase you need interesting books to read I could recommend some and probably send pdf of some interesting ones too if you're interested.
I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 24, 2020
Alright.....You can drop your email.
Olatara:
Email.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by 4ckyou: 7:00am On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:

Nwaezeemmanuel, e be like say some nairalanders want us to marry by fire, by force, by thunder cheesy grin
The thing don tire me. Any final words for this guy?
grin
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Olatara(f): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2020
realokopi:
Alright.....You can drop your email.
I am going to send you a picture now, pls reply.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Realist555: 7:32am On Nov 24, 2020
She played her character well, her character is young and brainy
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Gr8amechi: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:

My lil sis is a fan of Harry Potter movies and books. I'm not. Since I have a short attention span, I prefer something more fighting and less words.
I am also a huge fan of movies depicting centuries gone by and Sci fi.
You and I have exact same preference

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Silentgroper(m): 8:12am On Nov 24, 2020
Chii59:

smh. That's hw y'all keep on doing till u find urself asking to provide a man 4 u. Smh
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2020
How many have you seen?
Olatara:
I am going to send you a picture now, pls reply.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by dreaizy(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2020
You are a hypocrite if you download pirated tv series, movies, books, buy those N200-100 DVDs and still abuse another person for piracy.
PS. I give Citation 5.0 but also acknowledge that Nollywood is improving.
Cinematography & editing is getting better but directing, acting and writing is still poor.

1 Like

Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by dreaizy(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Dickson44:
The one I watched didn't have subtitle for the French and Yoruba languages (wahala for who no sabi Yoruba and French), again, the duration is much
PS: you can also download subtitle.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
Bukan20:
it's overhyped mehn

not what I expected?

It is nonsense and overhyped, as always with anything that comes from Kunle Afolayan. The story is bad. The directing, equally bad.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Clementz0:
here you are talking about Indian and the rest in terms of adequate facility compared to these so called countries you mentioned Nigeria is lagging behind so, I didn't say the movie was 10/10 but I'll score it 8/10 they did well...we move

Lie. It shouldn't be rated at all. It is bad. Do you know what it means to give a movie a-8/10 rating?
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I have, but haven't given it a try. I doubt it will resonate deep with me like Prison Break did.

Would try watching it though smiley

Prison Break is not a movie. It is a television series.
Re: CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) by uchennamani(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:

Guy, go and see movies India is making. Go and see what South Korea is making that made them swallow 4 Oscars this year. Go and see what North Africa is doing. Even the Arabs have picked up well. If we don't say the truth for what it is, we continually dwell in mediocrity. The movie is good, but dope is an over-exaggeration.

You can't win this fight, not with this crazy people on Nairaland that don't know shit about movies.

The South Korean Movie Parasite won the best picture award at the Oscar's last year, the director took home the first director award last as well, and some dumb people that don't know shit about movies are giving Citation 8/10. Citation shouldn't even be rated at all. Everything about it is bad, from the script to directing. Kunle Afolayan is dragging Bollywood bad to the woods.

I know that cinematography has been our problem, but we got it right then with our story and directing in the old Nollywood movies. Mediocrity is really one of the problems of this country. North Africans are even doing better movies than us, and people here hyping this latest shit from Mr. Afolayan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Why I Can’t Marry Someone Like You – Cee-c Tells Lolu / Why I Quit Channels TV – Deji-Bademosi / BBNaija: Bella Ends Relationship With Sheggz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.