Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground (1362 Views)

Airplane Runs Into Ditch During Takeoff In Lagos / Dangote Truck Runs Into Primero Bus Stop Along Ikorodu Road (Photos, Video) / This Bridge Swallows Pregnant Women In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by karnap(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
With the advance of engineering and technology in World right now, one wouldn't be surprised if our home start flying in the nearest future.

I know you might have seen a lot of brigde designs and all that, but have you seen THE ORESUND BRIDGE that link Sweden and Denmark? Residents were unaware of just how spectacular their new path of travel was going to be, but when construction was finished, people across the planet had to pick their jaws up off the floor, you will definitely be amazed by this wonderful piece of engineering The Öresund or Øresund Bridge (hybrid name: Øresundsbron) is a combined railway and motorway bridge across the Öresund strait between Sweden and Denmark. The bridge runs nearly 8 kilometres (5 miles) from the Swedish coast to the artificial island Peberholm in the middle of the strait. The crossing is completed by the 4-kilometre (2.5 mi) Drogden Tunnel from Peberholm to the Danish island of Amager.
The Øresund Bridge was the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe from 2000 to 2019, and connects two major metropolitan areas: Copenhagen, the Danish capital city, and the Swedish city of Malmö

The Øresund Bridge was designed by the Danish engineering firm COWI, Construction began in 1995, with the bridge opening to traffic on 1 July 2000.Construction cost 2.6 billion EUR.

Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by karnap(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
More images.

Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by RedPhoenix: 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Fantastic

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by lascos912(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
bridge that link 2 countries together
you see these oyinbo people ehn I give them kiss

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by uchaymart(m): 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nice construction work but I would never go near this bridge if I were in these countries.
Reason: I am a full blooded Nigerian

God pass man
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by illicit(m): 1:07am On Nov 16, 2020
How do we cross this bridge when we get there
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by punisha: 7:34am On Nov 16, 2020
illicit:

Mallam will carry u on his back or wheel barrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by cassidy1996(m): 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
America wonder........
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2020
Wow, looking good. See country...
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by LegendaryLover(m): 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
illicit:

zoom that pic na... u'll see there's canoe at the end of the bridge. pay 50naira & they'll carry u in their canoe to ur destination.
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by We4all: 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
Why should I use such a bridge? The thought of drowning alone makes it a no go area. By the way, when are we going to construct something like this in Nigeria?
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by ImpregnaTor(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
OK nice
Re: Check Out This Bridge In Denmark That Runs Into The Ocean Floor With Underground by verminnel(f): 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2020
We4all:
Why should I use such a bridge? The thought of drowning alone makes it a no go area. By the way, when are we going to construct something like this in Nigeria?
if our government constructs smthn like this in Nigeria u go bold pass the road?...village people go dey hold meetings there for night

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Japa Aspirants / How Long Does It Take To Get Visa Approved From Your Wife Residing In America / Life In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.