Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Knowledge Industry As A Panacea To Economic Quagmire - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Knowledge Industry As A Panacea To Economic Quagmire (202 Views)

Green Computing: A Panacea For Environmental Degredation / Stakeholders See Education Loans, Fixed Tuition Policy As Panacea To ASUU Strike / Sustainability Of Tourism Industry As A Tool For Cultural Heritage Site Developm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Knowledge Industry As A Panacea To Economic Quagmire by Kazrem(m): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
In the course of writing my fourth book, Teach to Influence, five different professionals have been involved. They are:

1. Graphic designer

2. Editor

3. Social media manager

4. Publisher and

5. Logistic company otherwise known as a dispatch rider.

Each of these people has had a cut of the money.

Now, there are two points I want to make from this.

One, the value chain of producing a book.

When you publish a book, you are not just providing value to the world only, you are also adding monetary value to the economy. You are helping someone to pay bills aside from the value of the book you are gifting the world.

Now, imagine that we have tens of thousands of people writing books, it then means we will have tens of thousands of books editors, publishers, dispatch riders who will be engaged economically. In the end, money will be flowing around and this will go a long way in reducing redundancy in the system.

If there is a good system in place by the government, these set of people will be paying taxes and thereby adding money to the government treasury. In the end, we will all be contributing a quota to the economy however small.

Remember that each of these people mentioned above too has a place they get materials or tools they use from. This means that they will also pay some set of people. Those ones too have employees they will pay salary, rent for where they use and other expenses to incur. The employee they pay has a family to feed, has a child that attends a school. He will pay school fees, proprietors will pay teachers and teachers will, in turn, use the money to buy foods, pay house rent, etc.

What is the essence of this analogy?

The book industry, publishing industry or knowledge industry, whichever you call it, is a gold mine. It is a booming industry that if expend effort on it, it can cure many of our economic challenges.

Researchers estimate that “the digital economy is worth $11.5 trillion globally, equivalent to 15.5 per cent of global GDP and has grown two and a half times faster than global GDP over the past 15 years,” this is according to Huawei & Oxford Economics. (2017).

Knowledge industry is a gold mine that every teacher should tap from. It is not enough to be just a teacher teaching pupils in the classroom and drawing salary every month. You can take a share of the knowledge industry. You are already a teacher and churning out knowledge-based information should not be a serious challenge to you.

I hope this my short piece makes you have a thought about taking advantage of this emerging industry and also take action on it.

Kazeem Abolore S (KAS)
The Innovative Teacher

(1) (Reply)

Fill A Survey And Win 1000 Naira Airtime / Cheapest International Exams Registration / University Of Uyo (UNIUYO) Supplementary Post UTME Form For 2020/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.