Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Fernandes' Sights Set On Premier League Title Challenge With Man Utd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fernandes' Sights Set On Premier League Title Challenge With Man Utd (250 Views)

Neymar's Son Tries The Bottle Challenge With A Nutella Bottle / Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer / Eden Hazard Set His Sights On Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fernandes' Sights Set On Premier League Title Challenge With Man Utd by Yukov(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
The midfielder says it has been "too long" since the Red Devils won the top-flight and hopes to end their wait for glory
Bruno Fernandes believes Manchester United have the mental strength to compete for the Premier League title.

The Portuguese midfielder has made a massive impact since making the move to Old Trafford from Sporting CP in January.

He has been a bright spot during a spell when United have struggled for consistency, and they currently sit 14th in the Premier League.

United are eight points behind leaders Leicester City, albeit having played one game fewer, and are long shots to lift the title this season.

But winning silverware was one of the reasons the Portugal international made the move to United - and he is not prepared to throw in the towel.

“For me, it doesn't matter about the other teams," Fernandes told UTD Podcast. "People may say they're better than us, they have a better first XI than us, guys who come from the bench are better.

"People can say what they think, I don't care. For a club like United, it's a long time since we won the Premier League. It's too long, I think.

"So you have to have in your mind - all the players, all the staff - we're here to win. And I think we have that mentality.

"I came to Manchester to win trophies. You're playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. This club has made history in the past, an amazing history."

Fernandes’ passing is one of his primary assets, but he is still keen to improve his game and is learning from coach Michael Carrick.

Source https://www.goal.com/en/news/fernandes-sights-set-on-premier-league-title-challenge-with/104okzc4g53aa1hi1ntoivvagx

(1) (Reply)

Man City ‘line Up Pochettino And Nagelsmann’ To Replace Pep Guardiola / Closed / 30 Sure Odds And 43odds Available For Payment After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.