Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,361 members, 7,836,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (35711 Views)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV / Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Jamiualabi12(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
No,,, in fact I have lose hope in LinkedIn
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Amarisco(f): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Whypo:

Ama hit you hard....damn hoe

OGBUASHI SIR!!! Keyboard warrior grin grin

If Canada is frustrating you, repatriate darling

kiss.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
Amarisco:

OGBUASHI SIR!!! Keyboard warrior grin grin

If Canada is frustrating you, repatriate darling

kiss.

Can't comprehend what you are saying sef

Canada frustrating you? That's bullshit
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Amarisco(f): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Whypo:

Can't comprehend what you are saying sef

Canada frustrating you? That's bullshit

O yé wa daada. E sé normal.

Ciao.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by iamclime(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2020
anochuko01:
LinkedIn is sweet when youve got two or three years experience.
i still got a message from an HR yesterday asking me if ill be interested in a role.
same goes to my friends who use it.

Its just my second of such experiences.
my advice is to optimize your linkedin and make it professional
That's true. LinkedIn is my most utilized social/business networking site. I have gotten several opportunities for jobs, gigs, trainings, and professional development there.
I have been contacted for opportunities from as far as Poland, Germany, Phillipines, etc.
The first step is optimization of your profile. Then constant engagement and creating meaningful content in your chosen field.

Unfortunately, LinkedIn is not for the intellectually or professionally lazy, the get-rich-quick, the entitled (I have first class, I made strong 2:1, bla bla bla), those who can't improve on themselves, and it's definitely not for slaying (whatever that means).
I have made friends and met great people (both online and in person) through engagement on LinkedIn. I can go on and on.
The conclusion: Be ready to take things one step at a time and to really add value to get noticed on LinkedIn.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by anochuko01(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2020
iamclime:

That's true. LinkedIn is my most utilized social/business networking site. I have gotten several opportunities for jobs, gigs, trainings, and professional development there.
I have been contacted for opportunities from as far as Poland, Germany, Phillipines, etc.
The first step is optimization of your profile. Then constant engagement and creating meaningful content in your chosen field.

Unfortunately, LinkedIn is not for the intellectually or professionally lazy, the get-rich-quick, the entitled (I have first class, I made strong 2:1, bla bla bla), those who can't improve on themselves, and it's definitely not for slaying (whatever that means).
I have made friends and met great people (both online and in person) through engagement on LinkedIn. I can go on and on.
The conclusion: Be ready to take things one step at a time and to really add value to get noticed on LinkedIn.
Please What's your specialization ?
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by iamclime(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
anochuko01:

Please What's your specialization ?
Content Writing, Research/Data Analysis, Lecturing/Public Speaking, etc
If you mean education: Bsc Marketing, MSc. Business Administration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by anochuko01(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
iamclime:

Content Writing, Research/Data Analysis, Lecturing/Public Speaking, etc
If you mean education: Bsc Marketing, MSc. Business Administration

I had guessed digital marketing, so I was close enough.
I was wondering how you are able to get much attention from outside the country, but I now understand.

I'm looking at learning digital marketing, and my aim is to be able to get remote jobs from outside the country. Any advice you could give?
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Rareoil(m): 1:46am On Nov 20, 2020
pcguru1:
Yes, I applied to a company called Linkeo Web Agencies in school then, and got called for interview but I was in Mauritius. worked there as PHP Developer. LinkedIn works but its a game of corporate elitism and your skillsets. Certain companies will put you on Recruiter's radar. If not certain skills will. If you're a Moodle Consultant self learned you're more likely to get offer when people query for Moodle. That's how I see it. I recently applied for a second freelance job a company in France, I would have gotten it, but I burnt out cry. However there are certain fields that have more advantage, we are in a new dynamics of the gig economy. Some jobs are gigs that pay well but are short term and contract. So you can do it on the side with your work, if you have the strength such jobs like Social Media Manager, Ux Designer, Content Writers, Audio Transcribers . LinkedIn now has alot of remote jobs too. LinkedIn works for me like mad than Glassdoot. Angeljobs too work, but you need to wash head in river, that one has never amounted to any offer. Upworks is another great avenue, from a gig work you can become a trusted staff and this can lead to more gigs and opportunities. Upworks is more consistent if you're looking for a job that rakes in a steady average of income, but again its based on your field. Soji o , no waste time for social media.

Boss, abeg shed more light in this audio transcribing stuff. I want to try it.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2020
Rareoil:

Boss, abeg shed more light in this audio transcribing stuff. I want to try it.

Mostly listening to audio and transcribing to text. Its on Upworks along other jobs. People are just not aware of gig jobs.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BlueBanana: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2020
ConnectMee:
Product marketing and digital services consultations.

Please, sir, Can you guide me on how to start as a product marketer I have been in the digital marketing niche for a while now and I want to transit into product Marketing or are they the same thing?
Any recommendations on courses or books. I will like to know how to learnt it.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BlueBanana: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2020
bamsz:

This is not true, have a good profile and update it regularly, be a professional in your field, you will get tired of declining offers. Speaking from experience
Please what's your specialization
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BlueBanana: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
femi4love:
I got my present job (with IBM UK) via LinkedIn. The recruiter called and asked if I would be interested in working for them. I was directed to the specific job on their website and asked to apply. The rest is history wink
Pls, What job do you do?
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Ltherman(m): 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
BornToSucced:
My first job after my final year exams was via LinkedIn.

I have gotten several interviews invites from LinkedIn.....................Early this year, I declined an offer from a global development consulting firm here in Lagos. The HR even asked me to recommend someone since I wasn't interested. The few individuals I tried to linked up with the job on LinkedIn only responded to my messages after a week grin

Like someone said earlier, you need a verifiable work experience and skills.

Mind you, I am in Admin function, but with skills across project management and data analytics.

Well done bro......am actually interested in those particular courses you mentioned (Project management and Data Analytics with eyes to transition into Business Analytics). If you don't mind I'll love to get in touch to get some guidance.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by ConnectMee: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
They are not exactly the same thing. If you are looking at career growth you should transit from DM to PM.

There are a few places you can get your Product Marketing course done. Product School is one of the prestigious and globally recognised institutions offering the course only that it is a bit pricey, about $4k. Coursera, Lynda and Udemy are other platforms offering some semblance of the course. You can check them out.

BlueBanana:

Please, sir, Can you guide me on how to start as a product marketer I have been in the digital marketing niche for a while now and I want to transit into product Marketing or are they the same thing?
Any recommendations on courses or books. I will like to know how to learnt it.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BlueBanana: 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2020
ConnectMee:
They are not exactly the same thing. If you are looking at career growth you should transit from DM to PM.

There are a few places you can get your Product Marketing course done. Product School is one of the prestigious and globally recognised institutions offering the course only that it is a bit pricey, about $4k. Coursera, Lynda and Udemy are other platforms offering some semblance of the course. You can check them out.

It didn't take me long to notice this. Also job opportunities are lower in DM, and creating blog posts and managing social media accounts for brands wasn't my forte.
Thanks for your reply

Can you give me names of good courses from cousera, Lynda and udemy that i can take, searching through the site is overwhelming and I don't want to waste my money

Another question boss, if you don't mind. In LinkedIn in for example, there are alot of jobs for PMs but they are from very prestigious companies. Is there any chance that I can get a job upon the completion of the course.

Also, do you work for a foreign or Nigerian company (if Nigerian, is the job remote or physical)

Cc: ConnectMee
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by iamclime(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
[quote author=anochuko01 post=96212713]

I had guessed digital marketing, so I was close enough.
I was wondering how you are able to get much attention from outside the country, but I now understand.

I'm looking at learning digital marketing, and my aim is to be able to get remote jobs from outside the country. Any advice you could give?[/quote
Try Utiva. I think they have something on Digital Marketing. That will be my next skill to improve on. I did Data Analytics (SQL and Power BI) with Utiva.]
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BornToSucced(m): 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
Ltherman:

Well done bro......am actually interested in those particular courses you mentioned (Project management and Data Analytics with eyes to transition into Business Analytics). If you don't mind I'll love to get in touch to get some guidance.

Apologies. I've been busy.

What's your question please?
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by ford101: 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
Coldie:

Abuja thats a goldmine.

If u have funds I can tell u where to go to invest in abuja right now ur profit is assured
okay tell me
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by kamtrix(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Macsjebs:

U have a point Bro, but not always that easy with skills, business and what have you

I have been selling on nairaland for a while now, and a whole lot doesn't seem interested in my stuff despite reviews on the thread on my signature

So convincing people to patronize your business or skill is another thing
Do due diligence and check if what you're selling is what people need or really want. Google FAST MOVING COMMODITY GOODS.
Even a perfume store in a place like lekki, can never have so many customers up to 1/5 of a grocery store

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Ltherman(m): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
BornToSucced:

Apologies. I've been busy.

What's your question please?

So sorry for responding late, i just want to know the career opportunity and industry where one can possibly apply to when done with these courses. Am currently undertaking a certification course in Project Management.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by EMMYZEE(m): 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Coldie:
If u are a Nigerian youth with all the resources available I Nigeria and you at still looking for a job u need serious help

Please Sir, what business would you advice a Nigerian youth to start
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BornToSucced(m): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ltherman:

So sorry for responding late, i just want to know the career opportunity and industry where one can possibly apply to when done with these courses. Am currently undertaking a certification course in Project Management.

You don't have to limit yourself. The skills are relevant to every industry and career. The major issue is to know how to apply the skills you have gained in any position you have been given. I am in financial services.

Be versatile and stay open!
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Ltherman(m): 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2020
BornToSucced:

You don't have to limit yourself. The skills are relevant to every industry and career. The major issue is to know how to apply the skills you have gained in any position you have been given. I am in financial services.

Be versatile and stay open!

Please where did you get to learn Data Analytics, the places I've seen in Lagos seem pricey. Also coming from the law background i will love an internship to hit the ground running once am done with the training.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Richie4richie16(m): 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
[quote author=iamclime post=96300012][/quote]

Bro the data analysis you did with Utiva, is it worth the price you paid to learn. Am asking because I want to run same course with them
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by iamclime(m): 7:11am On Feb 09, 2021
Richie4richie16:

Bro the data analysis you did with Utiva, is it worth the price you paid to learn. Am asking because I want to run same course with them
It's well worth it. You have to be committed though. The training is online, with assignments and tasks to complete regularly. You need a good laptop, strong internet connection, and of course, stable electricity for the duration of the training.
Go get your goals! Peace.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by AlphaSoul: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
geekybabe:
Yes.
Fastest way to get jobs when you relocate abroad.
Got all my jobs since 2017 through LinkedIn
+1
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by TAjob: 4:22am On Mar 12, 2021
Maintenance Technicians and Engineers needed in a Palm Kernel Oil Mill in Emene Industrial Layout, Enugu.
Roles: Maintenance of Oil Expellers, Filter Presses, Conveyors and Dryers.
Requirements: OND/HND/BEng/Bsc in Engineering or Physical Sciences
Salary: N40,000

Email tajobenugu@gmail.com with your CV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Job Advert I Saw On The Street / Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.