Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi (1544 Views)

I Have 70k Which Phone Between Xiaomi And Samsung / Between Xiaomi Redmi 7a 16g + 2gm And Tecno Spark 4 / Please, Between Xiaomi Note 8 And Samsung A20s, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by sagieramos(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2020
Xiaomi as a company was created in 2010 by entrepreneur Leo Jun as an innovative solutions company, the name Xiaomi was coined as an easy phrase for the Chinese public which was it's first target market. In order to reach out to a more global audience eg India and other Asian countries then the word MI was ascribed to Xiaomi as a global and customer friendly Logomark but Mi was already existing as a tech brand but now acquired by Xiaomi.

The first product released by Xiaomi (local name) Mi (global name) was the MiUI Android skin. This was their most successful product as at 2010 to 2011, the skin became on of the most popular custom roms of the decade featuring on XDA and many well known tech enthusiast websites.

I for one started flashing MiUI ROMs as far back as 2014 on my old HTC devices then and it fun, fast and true to its innovative idea of competing with the apple iPhone interface and making it much more fine tuned and innovative. Basically bringing that which seemed far close.

In 2011, Mi a brand name of Xiaomi international officially moved into the electronics phase by the launching of the Mi 2 smart phone running Snapdragon chipset selling 11 million units. This now made Mi a global brand name for Xiaomi as well as it's flagship phone brand name.

Miui is the official Android skin for all Xiaomi devices, since android is open source, you can modify the code to fit any OS of your choice making it versatile. Miui has evolved into its own ecosystem and design ledge.
MiUI is not a company but a software, it is the powerhouse system for all Xiaomi devices and software needs.

It started out as a project using other devices as test grounds by being a custom ROM which could be flashed on any device by phone breakers. After attaining huge popularity the release of Mi 2 made MiUI officially the operating system of all it's devices naturally, but just like sense OS of HTC, MiUI was never monopolized, it was still thrown out to the public to make custom builds and changes staying true to its tradition with the better more optimized and functional versions built solely by Xiaomi which is why we have MiUI 12 today .

Then not to forget Redmi is another brand under Xiaomi which makes entry level and mid range smart phones and have become very popular in African, and global markets which needs are usually mid range and low range . They started In 2013.

Therefore
Xiaomi - The main company and owners
Mi - Logo Mark for Xiaomi to connect to the whole world and also the flagship phone makers of Xiaomi top phones
MiUI - Xiaomi custom android skin and operating system with Android paired and used on all Xiaomi mobile device and also accessories etc wearables, android TV etc.
Redmi- a brand under Xiaomi producing mid range and entry level phones.

https://c.mi.com/thread-3444402-1-0.html

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by MMempire(m): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2020
I no go call name, but my oga for Inquisitive Universe go come give us better understanding of the whole matter.
Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by RealEzee(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2020
Nice one man
Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by SKhanmi: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Which phone is the last pic please?
Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by Adasun(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2020
MMempire:
I no go call name, but my oga for Inquisitive Universe go come give us better understanding of the whole matter.
i even thought he was the one.
Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
The last phone looks ugly undecided

Tnks op for the information
Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
Xiaomi MI 9T ..... flagship product feels good.
Re: Understanding The Difference Between Xiaomi, Miui, MI And Redmi by chibike69: 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
miracood:
The last phone looks ugly undecided

Tnks op for the information

u wan make dem put apple for back bah?

(1) (Reply)

/ I Receive Whatsapp Messages Only When The App Is Open / Aliexpress, Somebody Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.