Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old (8682 Views)

Watch My Pepper Farming From The Beginning To Harvest (Video/Pictures) / My Rice Farming From Cultivating To Harvest (Video/Pictures) / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hello Nairalander, I wanted to try something new apart from broilers, Noilers and Kuroiler.
There is a new specie known as Sossa popularly called Red Chicken, they are stronger than Noiler and big like broiler, though they take three months to reach good weight.
A male Sossa can reach 5kg and Female 4.5kg at maturity.
I have order and they will arrive Friday morning. just one carton and 5 foreign poults (turkey).
I will be updating with picture, I will sell the male and keep the female for egg purpose since they can lay 240 egg per year
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Toneyo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
I will follow this thread. I want to learn something from your experience.

I look forward to see more updates from you. If you dont mind to share the farm/company your are buying from.
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by MrBONE2(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
Following
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
Toneyo:

I look forward to see more updates from you. If you dont mind to share the farm/company your are buying from.
You will surely get everything
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
MrBONE2:
Following
You are welcome sir
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
Following
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2020
Sossa is a new breed recently introduced into Nigeria by Supreme
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
Sasso vs Kuroiler Sasso chicken is a duo purpose breed which can be used for meat and eggs. They are bred from original parent breeding stocks imported from France. Compared to Kuroilers, Sasso are 364 per cent superior in body weight at 18 weeks. Kuroiler itself is 345 per cent compared to the indigenous varieties. Sasso’s egg production ranges from 170-171 eggs compared to 156-168 for Kuroiler. For hoteliers, Sasso has a distinct reddish colouring, long legs, a thin, narrow v-shaped breast, substantial amounts of yellow fat, and hallmarks of a short growing bird.

1 Like

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
FACTS ABOUT SASSO. *SASSO* is an internationally popular breed originating from France. SASSO offers provide, hardy, easy to manage and versatile bird to the farmers. Farmers can keep them in different production systems – from intensive production as well as down to earth simple sheds on deep litter with basic equipments, in backyard, in orchards, in coconut and rubber plantations, in forests areas, in the hills and even in the dry lands and in hot deserts! Due to slower growth rate, SASSO meat is more firm and has that rich chicken flavor, juicy and tasty like the traditional meat such as village chicken and it commands higher market price. SASSO delivers better profit to the farmers and great taste to the consumers. SASSO dual purposes have several positive attributes that are ideal for village Conditions. They are continuous layers These are dual purpose chicken for meat and eggs prodution. These chicken have flexible feeding pattern . Their rearing pattern is also flexible. Sasso can be raised under intensive like broilers and also given broilers feed. They can also be raised under semi intensive like mikolongwe and be given mikolongwe feed and they can be raised on free range at your backyard like local chicken. Because of this it is very easy and affordable to raise Sasso chicken. Sasso start laying eggs from 5 months . You need to start feeding them layers marsh at this point. Sasso can lay an average of 240 eggs per year . They dont sit on eggs . You put the fertilized eggs in the incubator for hatching. Note that for an egg to be fertlized you need a cock . Ratio is around 1 cock to 8 or 10 hens. At full growth sasso cocks can weigh up to 5 kgs while hens can weigh 4.5 kgs. Sasso chicken are multi coloured like local chicken . They come in different colours like brownish , black ,greyish and some have bare or naked necks just like some local chickens. You can choose any feeding pattern depending on how you wish to raise them . Sasso have higher immunity to deseases. *Follow the vaccination program to fully secure your chicken. Their meat is tender and juicy and their eggs yolk have low cholestrol . This is good for health. Their eggs are also big.

1 Like

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
I'll be getting my Sasso DOC tomorrow morning from my mentor Noeloge82.
I will be brooding them with five foreign poults (Turkeys)
Since this is my first experience with Sasso, I will be going on the synthetic ways
I will drop pictures tomorrow
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Toneyo:

Noeloge82
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by eddyline(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
this is nice. do ensure that you furnish us with pictures
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by chukskafor(m): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
Redomi:
I'll be getting my Sasso DOC tomorrow morning from my mentor Noeloge82.
I will be brooding them with five foreign poults (Turkeys)
Since this is my first experience with Sasso, I will be going on the synthetic ways
I will drop pictures tomorrow
Always remember to mention me with each new post sir.
If you don't mind, how much did you get a d.o.c of the sasso chick?

It made sense that different varieties are being introduced into our agric sectors these days; come to think of it, the quality and strain is likened to one other strain from middle east known as KABIR chicken, same physiology, same multicolor variation and lots more........my belief is that most of the birds are named according to the environment they are introduced from
Though i'm yet to hear of any hatchery presently into the production of KABIR CHICKEN at the moment in Nigeria, but seeing that SASSO CHICKEN got introduced, let's keeps hoping for more better intros which are pocket friendly.
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
chukskafor:
Always remember to mention me with each new post sir.
If you don't mind, how much did you get a d.o.c of the sasso chick?

It made sense that different varieties are being introduced into our agric sectors these days; come to think of it, the quality and strain is likened to one other strain from middle east known as KABIR chicken, same physiology, same multicolor variation and lots more........my belief is that most of the birds are named according to the environment they are introduced from
Though i'm yet to hear of any hatchery presently into the production of KABIR CHICKEN at the moment in Nigeria, but seeing that SASSO CHICKEN got introduced, let's keeps hoping for more better intros which are pocket friendly.
Yes, same with Kabir chicken. I will update you tomorrow
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2020
The driver called me to come and collect my birds around 6am, I collected them around 6:30am.
They are 51 chicks in a carton, I will be brooding them with 5 foreign turkeys.
I gave them milk and Glucose day 1
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2020
Here are they.

2 Likes

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 9:47am On Nov 20, 2020
When I opened the carton

3 Likes

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Quantity.....56
Supplier...... Noeloge82
Breed.......Sasso chicks and 5 foreign poults
Date.....20/11/2020
Cost.....1carron of Sasso=13500, 5 foreign Turkey=9500
Transport from Ibadan to Ondo is 600
Transport to and fro garage to collect 400
Gave them milk and Glucose 100.
I will be using New hope professional starter feed. I don't know the current price because I have one unused bag at home, I bought it 5500 then, I will be using charcoal as my source of heat, I have half bag of charcoal that remain in my last brooding, this is heat season, they don't need heat in the afternoon.

3 Likes

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Sirwifi: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2020
I think you should write about costs too..it gives more insight and help potential breeders compare with other breeds
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2020
Sirwifi:
I think you should write about costs too..it gives more insight and help potential breeders compare with other breeds
Modify and updated sir

1 Like

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2020
Salute to Noeloge82, Jidestroud, etc

2 Likes

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by brain54(m): 10:09am On Nov 20, 2020
nice one...I love threads like this.
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2020
3hrs of feeding, I went to check their crop, it was so big. How I wish my current Agrited broilers crop was like this in day 1
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by brain54(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2020
Redomi:
3hrs of feeding, I went to check their crop, it was so big.
How I wish my current Agrited broilers crop was like this in day 1
how old your broilers?
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
brain54:
how old your broilers?
On their 6th week
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Drugs I bought today

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
and Cocciffor

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
My Sasso chicks are so happy tonight, running up and down. mixed with different colours, I thought they will be red colours only untill I check them, because I saw people nicknamed them as "Red Chicken".
Actually their size at day old look like a day old broiler size, perhaps that may happen because of the parents eggs.
They are consuming so much including those foreign turkey.
Crops is so big.
Despite heat everywhere, they still need more heat, I have to light the charcoal for them.
Male I no lie, I like this Sasso broilers o, I need to order for more before the price goes up.
They are dual purpose birds.

1 Like

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by brain54(m): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
Redomi:
My Sasso chicks are so happy tonight, running up and down. mixed with different colours, I thought they will be red colours only untill I check them, because I saw people nicknamed them as "Red Chicken".
Actually their size at day old look like a day old broiler size, perhaps that may happen because of the parents eggs.
Crops is so big.
Despite heat everywhere, they still need more heat, I have to light the charcoal for them.
Male I no lie, I like this Sasso broilers o, I need to order for more before the price goes up.
I understand how you feeling... its an exciting feeling right? lol
meanwhile would like you to do a comparison between their growth and broilers on the one hand and noilers on the other....
how long do you intend to keep them BTW?

1 Like

Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
brain54:

I understand how you feeling... its an exciting feeling right? lol
meanwhile would like you to do a comparison between their growth and broilers on the one hand and noilers on the other....
how long do you intend to keep them BTW?
I intend to keep them for as long as the femaleckeep giving me eggs.
But I may likely sell the male after few months with 3kg
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Redomi(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2020
Date 2
51 Sasso and 5 foreign poults
No mortality
I gave them Antibiotics and multivitamin
Re: My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old by Drone95(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2020
I go like order as well bro
Redomi:
Crops is so big.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyabeans Needed In Large Quantity / 50 acres of land @45k per acre... promo sales / Best Irrigation System For Your Farm At Affordable Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.