Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences (4156 Views)

Differences Between Blood Of Menstruation And Blood Of Istihaadah / Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Lukgaf(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2020
You would have heard about a Hadith being Sahih, Dahif and Hassan, below we provide the meaning of these classifications and their differences.

Hadith classification and their rulings are studied in the science of Hadith Terminology (Mustalahat al Hadith).

Hadith Classification

In regards classification, there are 3 general types:

1. Sahih (Sound)

2. Hassan (Good)

3. Da’if (weak)

Sahih and Hassan hadiths according to the hadith scholars (al muhadithun) are ‘accepted’ (maqbul) and weak hadiths are ‘rejected’ (mardud). Each of these three types have their own subdivisions, weak hadiths in particular having many sub-branches and reasons for its grading.

Sahih and hassan hadith may be sahih or hassan in of themselves (sahih/hassan li dhatihi) or may not have reached the highest standards of grading but are elevated to the class of sahih or hassan via other hadiths (sahih/hassan li ghayrihi).

Sahih Hadith

A sahih hadith is a hadith that has a connected chain of transmission, each narrator being upright in character, exacting, and reliable in his narration and transmission.

Ruling: There is consensus among the ‘ulema that a sahih hadith is evidence for all types of rulings, such as legal rulings, and tenants of faith (with further conditions).

Hassan Hadith

A hassan hadith is a hadith which has a connected chain of transmission, by narrators who are upright and exacting, but who’s exactness is less than the exactness found in a sahih hadith, and which is free from irregularities or serious flaws.

Ruling: Like the sahih hadith, the fuqaha (jurists) and most of the muhadithun accept that the hassan hadith can also be used for evidence. For this reason, some Imams of hadith, such as al Hakim and Ibn Hibban include hassan ahadith with sahih hadith, while still acknowledging its lesser rank to the sahih.

Da’if Hadith

A da’if hadith is a hadith which does not fulfil the conditions of the sahih or hassan hadith.

Ruling: There is a difference of opinion between the ‘ulema on the ruling on acting upon weak hadiths. The reliable opinion is that weak hadiths can be acted upon for virtuous supererogatory deeds (fada’il al a’mal), for religious exhortation, and stories, and similar things that are not connected to legal rulings and tenants of belief.

It should also be noted that the meaning conveyed in a weak hadith may still be considered sound and supported by other related texts.

[Sharh al Bayquniyyah, Nukhbat al Fikr]

I pray this clarifies things for you.

https://seekersguidance.org/answers/hadith/difference-sahih-hassan-daif-hadith/

10 Likes

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2020
Alhamdulillah for the beautiful deen of truth! No scripture has ever been classified and scrutinized like the ahadith.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be on the Messenger of Allah, his family, companions and all those who follow his path till the day of Hisab.

4 Likes

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Realismailakabir: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2020
JazaakaLahu Khaira bro. There are many disagreements between scholars on using Da'eef Hadith for supererogatory good deeds. many supported the motion of Al-haafez bn Hajar Al'asqolaani why few are against the motion.

One Example of these hadiths is this.

"Loving your country/State is part of faith"

it is right to use this hadith to preach to people because it is urging/calling to good deed which is loving one's Nation. Below are three laws preconditions before using Daeef Hadith.

1. It Daeefness/Weakness should not be very intense

2. It should have origin (haslu) from Sahabas or Taab'een

3. It should not be binded with the name of Prophet Muhammad SAW

Now this is how to quote it.

from one of the hadith which was narrated by Sahabas/Taa'been they said prophet Muhammad Said "Loving your country/State is part of faith"
you can mention its chain of narrators also but make it known in your quotation it is Daeef.

Dont quote like - Prophet Muhammad says

5 Likes

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by tfelicityk(m): 9:28am On Nov 20, 2020
JazaakAllaah khairan... Thanks for sharing the clarification
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Jabioro: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2020
Confusion park .you won't know exactly which bus going to your destination..una well done oooo

1 Like

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by OfficialAPCNig: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
Alhamdulillah for the beautiful deen of truth! No scripture has ever been classified and scrutinized like the ahadith.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be on the Messenger of Allah, his family, companions and all those who follow his path till the day of Hisab.
My problem with Islam is that it can't do without their us vs Christian comparison.

I was once in a mosque in Lagos and the Sheik (pronounced Shehu) was preaching. Instead of teaching his people why Islam is the best religion he was busy castigating the christian Jesus with a lot of stupid lies.

Moslems believe that they can validate their religion by undermining Christianity instead of preaching the excellence of their religion.

No Christian pastor will spend almost all his time on the pulpit every Sunday talking about Mohammed instead of Jesus.

Quote a violent text from Quran and ask a moslb em to explain what it means, instead of doing that, he/she will quote a portion of the OT.

In their stupidity, they failed to always understand that Christianity (era of Grace) started and ends in the NT.

The death of Christ put an end to those things and ushered us into an era of Grace - which is the foundation of Christianity.

5 Likes

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Pymetrics: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

My problem with Islam is that it can't do without their us vs Christian comparison.

I was once in a mosque in Lagos and the Sheik (pronounced Shehu) was preaching. Instead of teaching his people why Islam is the best religion he was busy castigating the christian Jesus with a lot of stupid lies.

Moslems believe that they can validate their religion by undermining Christianity instead of preaching the excellence of their religion.

No Christian pastor will spend almost all his time on the pulpit every Sunday talking about Mohammed instead of Jesus.

Quote a violent text from Quran and ask a moslb em to explain what it means, instead of doing that, he/she will quote a portion of the OT.

In their stupidity, they failed to always understand that Christianity (era of Grace) started and ends in the NT.

The death of Christ put an end to those things and ushered us into an era of Grace - which is the foundation of Christianity.

I disagree that a sound Islamic Scholar would castigate Jesus. A well established Prophet in the Quran. It can never be.
Well, your definition of castigation may mean that the Shehu said Jesus was not killed nor crucified.

7 Likes

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by busky007: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Ruling on Stupidity still dey . Allah dey disguise grin
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by moufan: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2020
nice one op, jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Mikyle: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2020
islamicpenis:
⭕ Hadith on how to be a rapist grin grin ⭕ Hadith on how to be a terrorist angry angry ⭕ Hadith on how to be a nymphomaniac ⭕ Hadith on how to be a child molester cheesy cheesy
Must you display your foolishness?
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Friend22(m): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Wait a sec,is today Sunday?
Why don't you wait till Sunday to preach to your sheep instead of you trying to rub it subtly on our faces.

You people always claim you are peaceful, but you always come with intent to cause anger or provoke us to react and when some of us do ,you start grunting like pigs claiming Islam is a religion of war.

As to what we believe as Muslims about Jesus is clear:.

He was born miraculously without a father.

He was inspired by God to speak to his people as an infant.

He heal those born blind,and quickened the dead by God's permission.

Like he reportedly said in the bible "I can of myself do nothing."

He was not crucified on the cross of calvary .

He is not God nor His son.

He did not die for the sins of mankind.

He was just a prophet and messenger of God.
That's all.

If you are still pained by what we believe about him ,that's your headache not ours.

4 Likes

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Regene2020: 11:47am On Nov 20, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Even the quran told Muslims they were ignorant and should ask the people of the book.

If the same book Quran revered was approved by Allah, isn't allah the beginning and end to understand that the Bible would be "corrupted" and can't be a reference by Muslims.

If the Bible was the book of allah wouldn't he have protected it from "corruption" itself.

Muslims and it's scholars are fixated on the the Christ and the Bible because it is a religion of plagiarism.

These so called hadits that make up cooked stories about Muhammad performing miracles where Quran said no sign was given to him.
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by XXXXTENTACION: 11:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Religion of bombs and terrorists grin

1 Like

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Stop the lies here. I have also heard Pastors preach against Muslims to my face! And you sabi generalise. Just because one or two people did it then all of them are doing it. Who get your time? The comment i made was because of a Christian fool who made a comment here after the OP.

And your God was fair in killing millions in Era of OT and no more killing in Era of NT.

It is still Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and tomorrow abi?

Which do you prefer APC change or a Change back to OT life with Yahweh?
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Lukgaf(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Realismailakabir:
JazaakaLahu Khaira bro. There are many disagreements between scholars on using Da'eef Hadith for supererogatory good deeds. many supported the motion of Al-haafez Ibn Hajar Al'asqolaani why few are against the motion.

One Example of these hadiths is this.

"Loving your country/State is part of faith"

it is right to use this hadith to preach to people because it is urging/calling to good deed which is loving one's Nation. Below are three laws preconditions before using Daeef Hadith.

1. It Daeefness/Weakness should not be very intense

2. It should have origin (haslu) from Sahabas or Taab'een

3. It should not be binded with the name of Prophet Muhammad SAW

Now this is how to quote it.

from one of the hadith which was narrated by Sahabas/Taa'been they said prophet Muhammad Said "Loving your country/State is part of faith"
you can mention its chain of narrators also but make it known in your quotation it is Daeef.

Dont quote like - Prophet Muhammad says
Barakallah feekum

1 Like

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by muhdfaruq(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

The death of Christ put an end to those things and ushered us into an era of Grace - which is the foundation of Christianity.why wuna dey vest now.This topic is for muslims.No body abuse your religion.Mind your business.Shikenan

Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by GforGee: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
The Quran is a "holy" book given to Prophet Muhammad by an "angel".
Hadith is a book inspired by men, as they "learn" from the prophet.
My question is, why don't you have rulings and teachings directly from the Quran? Most of the things I see here are from man-inspired Hadith!

Before you come for my head. I am not a Muslim (u obviously know that already), however, I have brothers and sisters who are Muslims and I interact with them everyday. The food I ate today was prepared by a Muslim, so don't even give me that excuse of "its not your religion", because Yes, it affects me. Religious extremists kill people from all religions, so Yes, it is my problem too what is being taught in your religion.

So I ask again, why do y'all mostly use Hadith and not the Quran?

Oya hit me!!
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Canberra55: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Islam is a false religion. Mohammed is Antichrist. ( 1st John 2:23,24). The Bible teaches prophecies of Jesus Christ's birth, death and resurrection. 600 years after Christ, Allah (Satan) sent Mohammed to come with his demonic revelations and to deny the crucifixion and Death and hence the resurrection of Jesus in essence ( Quran 4:157) and instead lied that Isa (fake Jesus) was raised up to the heavens while deceiving the Muslim generations for 1400 years that Someone else was made to resemble him on the cross 4:158.

However , Isa (Jesus ) in Quran 19:33 says , "And peace is upon me the day I was born, AND THE DAY I WILL DIE AND THE DAY OF MY RESURRECTION ". So, if you're a Muslim reading this remember that Jesus spoke about his death and resurrection in the bible and BOTH CAME TO PASS and are recorded in the bible WHILE he also spoke about his death and resurrection in the Quran 19:33 but somehow, it was recorded THAT HE DIDNT DIE . This in essence proves that the Jesus in the Quran WAS A FALSE LYING FAKE PROPHET THAT SAID ONE THING AND DID THE OTHER or he actually died but MOHAMMED AND ALLAH, the devil both conspired to LIE ABOUT HIS DEATH. Whichever way you look at it, you're stuck in whatever way you wanna explain it because if he was a true prophet in the Quran, then he should have died like he said. Otherwise, THAT MAKES ALLAH A STUPID GOD FOR SENDING A MESSENGER TO LIE ABOUT HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION.

IN summary, three options are available :
1.Jesus died and rose again or
2.He was a lying prophet sent by a deceiving God.
3 both Allah and Mohammed are both liars

All three of them couldn't be telling the truth. Muslims you should stop asking WHYJESUS DIED rather than IF HE DIED.
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by GforGee: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
Canberra55:
Islam is a false religion. Mohammed is Antichrist. ( 1st John 2:23,24). The Bible teaches prophecies of Jesus Christ's birth, death and resurrection. 600 years after Christ, Allah (Satan) sent Mohammed to come with his demonic revelations and to deny the crucifixion and Death and hence the resurrection of Jesus in essence ( Quran 4:157) and instead lied that Isa (fake Jesus) was raised up to the heavens while deceiving the Muslim generations for 1400 years that Someone else was made to resemble him on the cross 4:158.

However , Isa (Jesus ) in Quran 19:33 says , "And peace is upon me the day I was born, AND THE DAY I WILL DIE AND THE DAY OF MY RESURRECTION ". So, if you're a Muslim reading this remember that Jesus spoke about his death and resurrection in the bible and BOTH CAME TO PASS and are recorded in the bible WHILE he also spoke about his death and resurrection in the Quran 19:33 but somehow, it was recorded THAT HE DIDNT DIE . This in essence proves that the Jesus in the Quran WAS A FALSE LYING FAKE PROPHET THAT SAID ONE THING AND DID THE OTHER or he actually died but MOHAMMED AND ALLAH, the devil both conspired to LIE ABOUT HIS DEATH. Whichever way you look at it, you're stuck in whatever way you wanna explain it because if he was a true prophet in the Quran, then he should have died like he said. Otherwise, THAT MAKES ALLAH A STUPID GOD FOR SENDING A MESSENGER TO LIE ABOUT HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION.

IN summary, three options are available :
1.Jesus died and rose again or
2.He was a lying prophet sent by a deceiving God.
3 both Allah and Mohammed are both liars

Dude, you came to a Muslim thread to write all these?
Please change your library and mentality. Jesus definitely didn't send you to do this
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Canberra55: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
GforGee:

Dude, you came to a Muslim thread to write all these?
Please change your library and mentality. Jesus definitely didn't send you to do this
what nonsense are you saying? Was I supposed to post it in a Hindu thread? Islam is probably the only faith that denies the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Go and lay down if you're not sure what to quote me on. Do better next time.
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by GforGee: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
Canberra55:
what nonsense are you saying? Was I supposed to post it in a Hindu thread? Islam is probably the only faith that denies the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Go and lay down if you're not sure what to quote me on. Do better next time.

You came here to start a fight and you still think you're justified. If you're a real student of the Word, you wouldn't be doing this, writing violence inciting words. Oga, Jesus never taught you to do this. Wake up!
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Canberra55: 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
GforGee:

You came here to start a fight and you still think you're justified. If you're a real student of the Word, you wouldn't be doing this, writing violence inciting words. Oga, Jesus never taught you to do this. Wake up!

Tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do. I wanna learn from you.
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by Realismailakabir: 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lukgaf:
Barakallah feekum
Ameen wa iyakum Thank you sir.
Re: Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences by GforGee: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2020
Canberra55:

Tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do. I wanna learn from you.

Good.
There are many pastors out there who will stir you up in a violent way, desist from listening to them.
Like they say, too many cooks spoil the brute; therefore restrain yourself to listening to few men of God. I listen to and read Chris Segun Onayinka. You can also add Kenneth E Haggin.
These people will teach you the word of God as it should be taught. You will learn how to tolerate other religions, you will learn that terrorists are terrorists - not Muslims, not Jews, not Christians or any other religion for that matter.
You will grow into what God wants you to be. If God can tolerate so many religions on earth and still not wipe us out, then, as a child of God yourself, you should have the characteristics of your Father.
Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Ruling On Child Bearing / Some Good Manners That We Can Learn From The Glorious Quran / Bala Mubarak; A Disgrace On The Part Of Islam And The Police. Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.