Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Hdr! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Hdr! (1383 Views)

HDR Photograpy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hdr! by Operation(m): 5:12am On Mar 19, 2011
Soooo I did a quick search for "HDR" and it returned nothing that I was looking for, This is currently one of my favourite types of photography. I have a quick explanation which I nabbed from Wikipedia I believe.

"In image processing, computer graphics, and photography, high dynamic range imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allow a greater dynamic range of luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques or photographic methods. This wide dynamic range allows HDR images to more accurately represent the range of intensity levels found in real scenes, ranging from direct sunlight to faint starlight."

---- Now basically you set up your camera to take 3 photos straight after each other of the same subject but with varying exposures. Simple. I bought myself a new camera (canon EOS 500D) on for my birthday (which was in January - happy birthday Operation I hear you say).
So I tried my first ever HDR shots which I will now share with you. I used Photomatix to combine the 3 images and tone map them. Then I exported them to Photoshop CS5 for a small tidy up.

These are photos of bark at my house in Togo. (Yes I have a house in Togo, lol)

1 Like

Re: Hdr! by Operation(m): 5:14am On Mar 19, 2011
Some more. I love the extra depth in detail and amazingly vivid colours that you get.

Re: Hdr! by Operation(m): 5:16am On Mar 19, 2011
HDR makes such simple subjects so much more interesting. I now need to get out when I have some time and take some photos of Lagos to see how they come out.

Re: Hdr! by Operation(m): 5:25am On Mar 19, 2011
Well for those of you who are apprehensive I've found a few of my favourite HDR Photographs from the guy who's work got me into HDR Trey Ratcliff.

Re: Hdr! by Operation(m): 5:41am On Mar 19, 2011
one more smiley His website is http://www.stuckincustoms.com/

He has a free tutorial which explains most of the fundamentals. Very useful, since I know so many of you are going to want to have a go, all you need is a camera which has an auto-bracketing function

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Some Advice On Graphic Design. / Rate These Designs / Camera Cannon D600 For A GIVE PRICE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.