Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) (33184 Views)

Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago / Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
dfrost:

Carbon dating makes it possible to calculate the age.
I felt by now, folks will be able to know the limit of carbon dating. No evolutionary scientist will try to carbon date a dino bone. It will cause so much chaos in their community because the age will shrink the millions of years to just thousands of years. This may shatter the evolutionary story of dino evolution and it must be protected at all cost. (Why? in my opinion, to make folks deny God)
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
Farki:

Not just 2000 years they believe a teenage girl who was a "virgin" was impregnated by God himself to bear his son so that he could teach a small group of Jews and get killed by the same Jews he was teaching and after 3 days he rose from the dead to hang out with them then went to heaven but resides in a small cut of bread that they eat in his name.

Reading this, I remembered our last exchange and I am not surprised that you are good at setting up a straw man
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Updating9JA: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
jaheymezz:
Na you everytime ahan
TD Jakes Sermons
U no even dey do thousand thousand Na million million

Why that
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
na for research purposes. This discovery could go a long way to make our country habitable
How? grin grin
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Farki: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pelecius:

Reading this, I remembered our last exchange and I am not surprised that you are good at setting up a straw man

Is that or is that not what Christians believe? Or is it because I'm putting it in blunt terms you want to cry about it?

Remember that most atheists were believers at some point but eventually we all have to wake up.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
Grandmeister:

Where did they come from? Wait I can guess your answer...they came from amoebic organisms that became multi cellular organisms that developed gills and fins....then they developed lungs and limbs and climbed onto the ground..then they turned to monkeys and finally became men? I just saved you the stress.
I love this. Nice one there grin
Like most scientist call it - just so stories. But folks here will be shouting SCIENCE! SCIENCE!! grin grin
Comparing stories like this with real emperical science like Physics, Chemistry, Medicine etc
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by dukeprince50: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pelecius:

How? grin grin
it could make the world habitable and help in management of future catastrophe
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
blackgold2018:
through carbon-dating. This is me trying to be christian.
I wound have insulted you for not going to school.
Bro,
Pelecius:

I felt by now, folks will be able to know the limit of carbon dating. No evolutionary scientist will try to carbon date a dino bone. It will cause so much chaos in their community because the age will shrink the millions of years to just thousands of years. This may shatter the evolutionary story of dino evolution and it must be protected at all cost. (Why? in my opinion, to make folks deny God)
The fossils themselves are not dated, but the rocks in which they are found using other dating techniques (which also have fatal flaws) or they may just use its position in the geologic column according to the evolutionary time line.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2020
LastProphet:

Is poor education epidemic in Nigeria, most have never ever heard or been in a conversation where carbon dating is mentioned. Their only source of educative content is the hopeless public schools, nollywood script written by another public school product and the church pastor on Sundays who dabbles into every subject he knows nothing about. Don't blame them they were told the world started with Adam and Eve, hahahahaha
And here is one who complains about poor education, yet talking about carbon dating when millions of years is involved. It is a shame
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2020
Farki:

Is that or is that not what Christians believe? Or is it because I'm putting it in blunt terms you want to cry about it?

Remember that most atheists were believers at some point but eventually we all have to wake up.
Few questions for ya. Where did you get the following "blunt terms" in the Bible?
1. That Mary was a teenager
2. That she was IMPREGNATED by God himself

Same can be said of many Atheist who eventually wake up and became followers of Christ. So, What's your point again? (waiting for your answers to above first as I know what Farki can do when it comes to hand waiving and side stepping challenges)
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
it could make the world habitable and help in management of future catastrophe
So sorry to bother you, but this does not answer a question of "HOW?"
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
OyinO:
Bad news to religious beliefs and followers because the earth is only 6,000 years old in their records.
Very funny.
Do you even know how that age came about? I doubt you know, else you won't say it is bad news to religious followers
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Farki: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pelecius:

Few questions for ya. Where did you get the following "blunt terms" in the Bible?
1. That Mary was a teenager
2. That she was IMPREGNATED by God himself

Same can be said of many Atheist who eventually wake up and became followers of Christ. So, What's your point again? (waiting for your answers to above first as I know what Farki can do when it comes to hand waiving and side stepping challenges)

1.The Jewish tradition was for young girls to be married between the ages of 12 and 14. Jesus was a Levantine Jew, you really should be getting the point by now.

2. If Mary wasn't IMPREGNATED by God himself through supernatural means, as is fundamental to Christian belief, how was Jesus born? Did he arrive through the mail and the nativity was all just a story? grin

The point is that atheists are very familiar with the religious beliefs they criticise and the absurdity of it all.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
Farki:

1.The Jewish tradition was for young girls to be married between the ages of 12 and 14. Jesus was a Levantine Jew, you really should be getting the point by now.

2. If Mary wasn't IMPREGNATED by God himself through supernatural means, as is fundamental to Christian belief, how was Jesus born? Did he arrive through the mail and the nativity was all just a story? grin

The point is that atheists are very familiar with the religious beliefs they criticise and the absurdity of it all.

1. Of course, you'll quote Jewish tradition which was why I asked you to show me in the Bible as Christians don't follow Jewish tradition.

2. I asked you a question and you are already showing your true color already by applying diversionary tactic. Any way bolded is what Christians believe and not how you put it as if God acts like ancient Greek gods who come to impregnate ladies.

Just as I said, if you are correct, how come former atheists now become followers of Christ? That is why i said you don't have a point there
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Farki: 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pelecius:

1. Of course, you'll quote Jewish tradition which was why I asked you to show me in the Bible as Christians don't follow Jewish tradition.

2. I asked you a question and you are already showing your true color already by applying diversionary tactic. Any way bolded is what Christians believe and not how you put it as if God acts like ancient Greek gods who come to impregnate ladies.

Just as I said, if you are correct, how come former atheists now become followers of Christ? That is why i said you don't have a point there

1. Christians didn't because they didn't exist at the time however Mary and Joseph did because they were Levantine Jews. It seems Christians don't follow anthropology either.

2. Luke 1:35
And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God". Man you really need to be spoon-fed don't you?

They can choose to believe whatever, out of fear, ignorance, sense of belonging or hubris but it doesn't mean they are correct or their beliefs are logical. If you are trying to insinuate that atheists who criticise Christianity are doing so out of a lack of knowledge then you're only deceiving yourself.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by dukeprince50: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pelecius:

So sorry to bother you, but this does not answer a question of "HOW?"
now u see these discoveries could go along way to know how what led to the death of these huge creatures and if it was through a natural disaster that could wipe of dinosaur, scientists can plan to tackle this disaster in the future.
A trace of particular disease could be found in their bones despite the time it has remained buried in the earth and this disease could be studied in case we get to meet it in the future.
Bones of dinosaurs could even reveal trace of some mineral resources which could be mined.
A lot could be gotten from studying fossil
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by OyinO: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2020
Eriokanmi:
who told you the earth was only 6000 years ild? shocked

The body of one of the pharaohs who reigned in Egypt was exhumed recently. The writeup on his tomb showed he lived and reigned 5000 years ago. Nothing era was several thousand years before that time. The Bible says 1,000 years is like 1 day in the sight of God. In my own calculation, God created heaven and earth and tested in the 7th day. If a thousand years is like one day in the sight of the Almighty, then 7,000 years was spent by our God to put all you and I see today in place( thats my own thinking oo, not in the bible abeg). The earth had been there for only God knows when and the Bible and quran too are correct. But the earth isn't up to 100k years old, talk less of being 1m or 2m years old.

Why not let me school you and awaken you from mental brainwashing and miseducation of Christianity and Islam upon the conquered Africans. From the Era of Adamic Creationist Account to the Era of Jesus Christ, it is 4,000 years following the genealogical and chronological dating based on generations. From the Era of the Christos to contemporary era was said to be 2,000 years. Now do the simple Maths by adding 4000 to 2000, and what did you get?

I was referring to biblical dating of the Earth, and not the original dating.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Pelecius: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2020
Farki:

1. Christians didn't because they didn't exist at the time however Mary and Joseph did because they were Levantine Jews. It seems Christians don't follow anthropology either.

And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God". Man you really need to be spoon-fed don't you?

They can choose to believe whatever, out of fear, ignorance, sense of belonging or hubris but it doesn't mean they are correct or their beliefs are logical. If you are trying to insinuate that atheists who criticise Christianity are doing so out of a lack of knowledge then you're only deceiving yourself.

Christians didn't because they didn't exist at the time however Mary and Joseph did because they were Levantine Jews. It seems Christians don't follow anthropology either.
Just as predicted.
I only asked you to show me where it is in the Bible because that is the authority that Christians know and there beliefs are gotten from there, but you can’t and talking about Christians existing that time or not. We are talking about what Christians believe – that is the crux of my argument

And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God".

Thank you for quoting the scriptures this time as some may ignorantly believe your impression of “God impregnating Mary” straw man that you set up. A clear and contextual understanding of the passage is that Mary will become supernaturally pregnant as she asked earlier that how can she get pregnant when she has not ‘known any man’.

Man you really need to be spoon-fed don't you?
You need not to misrepresent your opponents position so as not to be running here and there when exposed

They can choose to believe whatever, out of fear, ignorance, sense of belonging or hubris but it doesn't mean they are correct or their beliefs are logical.
As usual, you just make some claims now and if you are asked to prove them, you may be running here and there.
You are the one who feels that Christians who become atheists are right and Atheists who become Christians may be wrong. If you can prove your claims, then it may have some weights else, its just your fanciful wish

If you are trying to insinuate that atheists who criticise Christianity are doing so out of a lack of knowledge then you're only deceiving yourself.
You are free to think for me provided you don't make it sound like it is a fact, that's where I may drag you out to prove your claim

He who has knowledge spares his words, And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit. Prov 17:27
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Crysthaniel(m): 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2020
theFilmtric:
67 million years??
I don't know why I find it hard to believe stuff like this
The Trynosaurus was even 100% complete

PS:Those shouting carbon dating I know about carbon dating but
HOW A “Dinosuar”'s remains would stay preserved for 67 million years is what I don't get
Do you have an idea of what 1 million years is??
I think this “scientists” are just sourcing for more funding! The more bizzare a discovery is the more the funds to “research”!.
Eitherway fossilized Dinosuars can't help humankind in any way! except through so called “research”

Think before quoting me!
See this one o
You simply have to, whites scientist are not you're regular liar mohammed.

We're talking about poeple who invented a 500tonnes flying machines,people who produced device that you can key in numbers to it and speak with your Friend in any continent of your choice.........so why wont you believe them now?

So I should believe them 'cause their white?
Stupid African mentality!
theFilmtricsay
Every one has their own agenda.. They ain't doing all this for nothing they want to prove something whether true or not
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Image123(m): 1:46am On Nov 22, 2020
Pelecius:

I know that my Boss will be here
Keep on the good work

Lol, well done sir. God remains Boss.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Cti28(m): 4:22am On Nov 22, 2020
UDUJ:

Be more open minded. Do a research on radiometric dating and bracketing. Cheers cool
I have done research on all those. And I can tell you they all have flaws, take it or leave it.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by tollyboy5(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2020
theFilmtric:
67 million years??
I don't know why I find it hard to believe stuff like th
So I should believe them 'cause their white?
Stupid African mentality!
theFilmtricsay
The dinosaur era are a different era bro. They were here before us. Don't compare our skeletal system to theirs. They're also intelligent.

It was a civilization of dinosaurs. That's why it is easy for ancient bone to escavated from rocks.
Even human skulls well kept will still have remains after 20million years.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Image123(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
davien:
Lol, wetin Torah come be? Better go settle matter within your beliefs.

Like what exactly?
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by davien(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2020
Image123:

Like what exactly?
I asked you a question, what is the torah to your super edited Bible?
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Image123(m): 2:28am On Nov 24, 2020
davien:
I asked you a question, what is the torah to your super edited Bible?

You're not making much sense to the matter on ground. The written Torah is in the Bible usually called the Pentateuch. It seems you are eager to open a topic that leads nowhere. This one is about skeletons and 67million years without touch. No touch dating 2020.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by davien(m): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2020
Image123:

You're not making much sense to the matter on ground. The written Torah is in the Bible usually called the Pentateuch. It seems you are eager to open a topic that leads nowhere. This one is about skeletons and 67million years without touch. No touch dating 2020.
Are you daft or can't read? Or you've been inhaling "incense" strongly?

Its not rocket science that it's the Pentateuch, so again, what is the significance of the Torah to your super edited Bible?

Historians say 5 to atleast 1 author(s) for the Torah as compared to the 10+ authors and their retranslations from unknown sources.

The fact that you can accept 10+ writers into your faith along with the 5 to 1 from the Torah but refuse to learn basic science in the 21st century is a failure on your part not on anyone else.
Re: Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) by Image123(m): 1:29am On Nov 25, 2020
davien:
Are you daft or can't read? Or you've been inhaling "incense" strongly?

Its not rocket science that it's the Pentateuch, so again, what is the significance of the Torah to your super edited Bible?

Historians say 5 to atleast 1 author(s) for the Torah as compared to the 10+ authors and their retranslations from unknown sources.

The fact that you can accept 10+ writers into your faith along with the 5 to 1 from the Torah but refuse to learn basic science in the 21st century is a failure on your part not on anyone else.

Sincerely, you failed to make sense. Try breathing or better yet, stay to the subject matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Sun Just Erupted With Its Most Powerful Solar Flare In 6 YEARS / ECO TECH JUMIA Fuelless Generator — Tell Me If This Thing Is A Scam [PICTURE] / Download Our Forum Free Mobile App For Easy Access Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.