Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

09/10 Venza Oxygen Sensor & Fuel Guage Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 09/10 Venza Oxygen Sensor & Fuel Guage Issue (797 Views)

Honda Civic 2007 Air Fuel Ration Sensor & Heater Oxygen Sensor Needed / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

09/10 Venza Oxygen Sensor & Fuel Guage Issue by HenriXI(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
Good afternoon everyone...

Please i need advice on some issues i am experiencing with my vehicle. i use an 09/10 Venza V6 and i recently changed my fuel pump assembly (The whole plastic that sits inside the fuel tank under the rear driver side seat. it had the Pump, Filter and gauge along with it. - Tokumbo)

after the installation, i noticed that my fuel pin on the dashboard doesn't move as it used to (i initially felt my car had been more fuel efficient after the installation). i kept using the vehicle until it went off in the middle of the road - at this time, my fuel gauge was showing that i had about 25% of fuel left in the tank. long story short - my mechanic came, did his thing and - there was no fuel in the tank.

Fast-forward to where i am now.

I'm made to understand my Venza has two fuel gauges, One on the fuel pump assembly and another under the passenger side seat.

I'm told that the number on the fuel gauge variable resistor (SIM CARD as my mechanic calls it) has to match before the gauge can work well. now the rear passenger seat side has a SIM CARD with the number 125 while the one on the fuel gauge i just replaced has 108 on it...

my mechanic had a gauge in his shop with the 108 SIM CARD (taken from a Camry gauge) so he simply swapped it out for the 125 that was on the opposite side.

The gauge seem to work better but its still not perfect. Two days ago i had just about half tank of fuel when i pulled into a fuel station to refuel. to my surprise it took 61 Litres to fill my tank (and we all know that Venza tank is about 67Litres in capacity). so obviously i had lower fuel in my tank than what was showing on my dash.

I was at Toyota yesterday and i was given a bill of 43k (for parts alone) for a gauge with this part number 83320-0T010.
43k for a fuel gauge is pretty expensive.

Second issue is about my Oxygen sensor - I'm Getting a P0156 Code that has to do with Oxygen Sensor Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 2).

Toyota sells this sensor for #75,210 (75k) with part number 89465-0T010.

Please share your thoughts on a more affordable way i can sort out this issues.

Thank you in anticipation... (#I don't Live In Lagos)
Re: 09/10 Venza Oxygen Sensor & Fuel Guage Issue by peacenow: 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
HenriXI:

Please i need advice on some issues i am experiencing with my vehicle. i use an 09/10 Venza V6 and i recently changed my fuel pump assembly (The whole plastic that sits inside the fuel tank under the rear driver side seat. it had the Pump, Filter and gauge along with it. - Tokumbo)

after the installation, i noticed that my fuel pin on the dashboard doesn't move as it used to (i initially felt my car had been more fuel efficient after the installation). i kept using the vehicle until it went off in the middle of the road - at this time, my fuel gauge was showing that i had about 25% of fuel left in the tank. long story short - my mechanic came, did his thing and - there was no fuel in the tank.

I'm made to understand my Venza has two fuel gauges, One on the fuel pump assembly and another under the passenger side seat.

I'm told that the number on the fuel gauge variable resistor (SIM CARD as my mechanic calls it) has to match before the gauge can work well. now the rear passenger seat side has a SIM CARD with the number 125 while the one on the fuel gauge i just replaced has 108 on it...

my mechanic had a gauge in his shop with the 108 SIM CARD (taken from a Camry gauge) so he simply swapped it out for the 125 that was on the opposite side.

The gauge seem to work better but its still not perfect. Two days ago i had just about half tank of fuel when i pulled into a fuel station to refuel. to my surprise it took 61 Litres to fill my tank (and we all know that Venza tank is about 67Litres in capacity). so obviously i had lower fuel in my tank than what was showing on my dash.

I was at Toyota yesterday and i was given a bill of 43k (for parts alone) for a gauge with this part number 83320-0T010.

Second issue is about my Oxygen sensor - I'm Getting a P0156 Code that has to do with Oxygen Sensor Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 2).

Sir/Ma, get original parts directly from toyota.
Your life is invaluable Compared to your cars in total.
Knowing all the problems of your car and fixing it, gives you advantage over another tokunbo.
Everything all together with repairs should cost you less than =N=150,000.
if your car was manufactured in 2009 that means it is 2010 model
you will find your original toyota part with your car VIN number using this website below
https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com
then take the part number to toyota Nigeria or find it on ebay. Only original fuel pump can fix your problem. Buy the whole fuel pump.

your sensors were affected because the emmission signal received is higher or lower than expected based on your car computer programme, that is a big sign pointing to your emmision system which can be caused by fuel injector problems and fuel pump.

My recomendation
replace all parts with factory original parts
service your fuel injector or replace the bad ones if any
Check your air intake sensor for proper distribution of air and fuel mixture.

I am not a mechanic but I am giving you this information based on my personal bad experience with fuel guage

2 Likes

Re: 09/10 Venza Oxygen Sensor & Fuel Guage Issue by kingreign(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2020
HenriXI:

The price for O2 sensor brand new Denso is about 75-85k depending on where you purchase it. Ensure it's same part number as your own existing unit. As for the fuel Pump ASSY, ensure its exact same match as yours.

These cars require parts with compatible part number to match theirs in order to effectively work.

Cheers!
Re: 09/10 Venza Oxygen Sensor & Fuel Guage Issue by Blackbishop(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Chat me up sir

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Check my signature.

(1) (Reply)

No Dvd Please Insert Map Dvd / Guru Pls Which One Should I Buy Rx330 2006 Vs Rx 350 2009 / Used Cars Price Drop Since After 2023 Presidential Result. People Wan Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.