Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye (21906 Views)

Check Out Oge Okoye's Sporty New Look As She Step Out In Cavalli, Gucci & Prada / [PHOTOS] 5 Celebrities Whose Twin Kids Will Make You Green With Envy / Cossy Orjiakor — No Breastfeeding For My Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
SEE AS ALL OF THEM DEY ABUSE THE WOMAN. AS IF YOU WONT GO ABROAD TO BORN YOUR CHILDREN IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY. HYPOCRITES DIE AT YOUTH: JOB 36 V 13-14

1 Like

Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by r231(m): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
clap for yourself
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by paris10: 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2011
VolvoS60:

cheesy  cheesy

Hmm. Something not quite clear to me though. If  ms/mrs okoye is british, then (as some posters have pointed out), she doesn't have to give birth in the UK for her kids to become British nationals. All she has to do is apply on their behalf.

I can see some of us are enraged at the woman's nerve in voicing out what many Nigerian women secretly agree with   grin  grin

But ms/mrs okoye is not the problem. We all know that 35 to 40 years ago, giving birth in North America or Europe (to guarantee a better life for your offspring) wasn't an issue. The question we should be asking is, why did things change and who is responsible?

And even more important, what are we going to do about it?

Do your research and vote in the next elections in April 2011. Make the right choices so that the oge okoyes of this world can have their children in any hamlet in Nigeria and their life chances will still be substantially similar to those of kids born elsewhere. Vote and protect that vote.

P.S. An election does not of itself and in itself mean democracy exists. But it is an important part of what democracy is. So please do not vote for a party/candidate and justify your choice by saying "they were going to win anyway", or "his diction is superb", or "he is from my ethnic group".  etc.

Vote for someone who will make sure your children have a country they can call their own.

The choice is ours to make.

The issue is not voting, the issue is about making our voting count. We have no qualified leaders who are capable of reconstructuring our democratic values. Get rid of the so-called presidential aspirants, the god-fathers, the tauts, and lets choose amongst ourselves a young, enthusiastic, vibrant, educated and sane person who can lead us into the future.

Pls this section aint 4 politics, go the politic section to advocate for your sh*t.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by tlops(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
ollybosieb:

should we be jumping up for that

No,it was a private decision that the media dug out. you would probably do the same if you had the chance,

1 Like

Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by SSaemoenl(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
Hmmmm! undecided
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2011
paris10:

The issue is not voting, the issue is about making our voting count. We have no qualified leaders who are capable of reconstructuring our democratic values. Get rid of the so-called presidential aspirants, the god-fathers, the tauts, and lets choose amongst ourselves a young, enthusiastic, vibrant, educated and sane person who can lead us into the future.

Pls this section aint 4 politics, go the politic section to advocate for your excreta.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
LAFF DON TEAR MY BELLE DIE!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by xreal: 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2011
dasarge:

If this is all that there is to this interview, then I doubt the truth in what she is saying by "the steps she took for her kids" If you are a british citizen and live in any part of the world, you can have your children as a woman and they will automatically be british too. You dont have to be physically present in the UK for them to also have the Citizenship. My conclusion, this story is flawed!
You got a point.
BTW, it's better she gives birth to them in the UK, you never can tell . . . change of policies, you know.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by 1money: 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
good for her and the kids
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Knight1(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
i am a british too
grin grin grin
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by brixton: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2011
same london wen gurls dey beg fo £10 and vchildren be first class agberos na i go think of as betta future, My peeps its a matter of building a highly reputable profile and ma ecowas P go carry me to anywhere i wan go, Make she KMT, Mchew
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by mobelle(f): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
wotevr.NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!!! sorry madam oge.am so nt a fan!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by paris10: 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
dasarge:

If this is all that there is to this interview, then I doubt the truth in what she is saying by "the steps she took for her kids" If you are a british citizen and live in any part of the world, you can have your children as a woman and they will automatically be british too. You dont have to be physically present in the UK for them to also have the Citizenship. My conclusion, this story is flawed!

Check my post to see how giving birth in the uk and outside it affects you.
Read the below post,

paris10:

@everyone, Oge choses to have her children born in the UK because she understand how the system works. If you're a british or a permanent resident holder (ILR), when you give birth
to your child in the UK, your child automatically becomes a british citizen, but when you give birth outside the UK, your child becomes a registered british citizen, the difference-

Children born in the UK are considered English and enjoys certain right and favour than those born outside the UK i.e when considering the issue of job, equal opportunity and some defined previleges while those born outside the UK have to get a permit to enter such country and then go on and register the baby as a british citizen.

Finally, I think she did the right thing. She did her homework well. Welldone Oge!

Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2011
If  ms/mrs okoye is british, then (as some posters have pointed out), she doesn't have to give birth in the UK for her kids to become British nationals. All she has to do is apply on their behalf.

if she was born before 1985 then her kids are british citizens no matter where she has them.

though you cant be too careful these days i guess.

If you're a british or a permanent resident holder (ILR), when you give birth
to your child in the UK, your child automatically becomes a british citizen, but when you give birth outside the UK, your child becomes a registered british citizen, the difference-

Children born in the UK are considered English and enjoys certain right and favour than those born outside the UK i.e when considering the issue of job, equal opportunity and some defined previleges while those born outside the UK have to get a permit to enter such country and then go on and register the baby as a british citizen.

that may be true but i'm not sure about the extra favour, priviledges etc.

those born outside the UK still get a british passport, same as the one issued anywhere.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by VolvoS60(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Paris10,

A poor response from you (the excreta bit in your post). But you have the right to express it, i'll give you that.

I commended you for clarifying issues on the status of ms okoye's kids. Good job on your part. But you ruined things with your next reply which says  everything and yet nothing at the same time.

Anyway, like i said, you have the right to speak. So speak on.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Actually Nigerians in diaspora are Nigerians who are born and raised abroad or living abroad.

by nigerians in diaspora i meant nigerians who werent born and raised abroad.

should have clarified that, i agree.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
She's funny o! Lol, I was born and raised in the US, but I don't see that as enough reason to be called American. I'm only a citizen. I'm Nigerian 100%. I can understand everything else she said though. In fact I agree 100% with having your children abroad, if it's possible. I'll have my kids in the US too, but only for an easier life. They learn the language, they'll spend a lot of time in Nigeria, and they'll be raised in a Nigerian household.

Even if citizenship was not an issue, healthcare still is. Women and newborns suffer way too many complications during the birthing process.

Many Nigerians have made the Nigerian community look terroristic, mischievous, and untrustworthy. My parents have the same stance she has. I can get a visa anywhere if I applied. I can't say the same for my cousins of same age at home. It's unfortunate, but she's doing the right thing for now.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by paris10: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2011
VolvoS60:

@Paris10,

A poor response from you (the excreta bit in your post). But you have the right to express it, i'll give you that.

I commended you for clarifying issues on the status of ms okoye's kids. Good job on your part. But you ruined things with your next reply which says  everything and yet nothing at the same time.

Anyway, like i said, you have the right to speak. So speak on.

We don't have 2 be gullible 9ja anymore, we shld express ourselves and make our voices heard no matter the circumstances we find ourselves.I wasn't sure about the excreta bit myself, just happens that the moderator is a typical Nigerian and got my text interpreted the wrong way.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by favouredjb(f): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
Good for her and her children
i just knw that one day naija go get there
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2011
Yeah girl it is really nice to be an American Citizen or British. But do you really need to shout to the world over it? So make all us begin dey shout because w have one?

Lame in kinda way.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by drgica74: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
What is the big deal about being a British Citizen? After all I was also born in B, , Wait let me confirm from my mum first and be sure.
Oh sorry she said i was born in Biafra, not Britain, am very sorry please
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by obailala(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
REALITY101:

Yeah girl it is really nice to be an American Citizen or British. But  do you really need to shout to the world over it? So make all us begin dey shout because w have one?

Lame in kinda way.

She wasn't shouting it as u say; rather the mumu journalist was the one shouting out only that part of the whole conversation. u know how journalists behave
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by ceasyc(f): 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
favouredjb:

Good for her and her children
i just knw that one day naija go get there

most def = true talk but d 9ja part gats a long way to go tho

BUT FRONT PAGE

oge is a very close friend of one of my close gf who was also born in the uk but raised in 9ja

she confirmed that oge was born in the uk and raised in 9ja too

they both have british passport

but d oge gal is too snobbish so i didnt care to meet her whenever i was told she was in london visiting n at my friend's place

but my younger sista met her with my friend and d snobbishness was confirmed.

a snob 4 wetin na? cos your british or 9ja actress or almost ugly gal? SMH
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by busygirl(f): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Na real wah oo, It is no big deal being british naw. There are even lots of people living in naija with a british passport. I think there are things that should be kept inside of you. Even if you want your children to be british, someone next door doesn't have to know! jeez,
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Outstrip(f): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
ceasyc:

most def = true talk but d 9ja part gats a long way to go tho

oge is a very close friend of one of my close gf who was also born in the uk but raised in 9ja

she confirmed that oge was born in the uk and raised in 9ja too

they both have british passport

but d oge gal is too snobbish so i didnt care to meet her whenever i was told she was in london visiting n at my friend's place

but my younger sista met her with my friend and d snobbishness was confirmed.

a snob 4 wetin na? cos your british or 9ja actress or almost ugly gal? SMH

I get that vibe from her interviews I have read. I wish she would brag about something else. Like a charity she is sponsoring or maybe her education or something that makes sense. The fact is that many of us are citizens of other countries and our children are and especially in this age it is not that big a deal. Most people who have the opportunity to do it might do it. It is not a big deal. She makes it a big deal that is why she comes across as tacky and classless. She just sounds so mgbeke(bush person) to me. Among her peers she cannot boast of being as accomplished. I don't even know the woman so why am I going on and on.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by duduspace(m): 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
So many peeps on here taking the myopic view that this is only about Nigeria and the developed world, all through history, people have always sought to make life better for their offsprings and to give them any competitive edge they can to them. It is also the reason why I have also migrated to the UK, the Irish did it during their potato famine migrating en masse to the US and even the English did it during the world war sending some of the English kids to Australia, the israelites also did it through out history and their having people in different countries actually helped them survive Hitler's holocaust.

Of course it is also instructive to point out the downside of such a venture because you might end up with kids who have no grounding anywhere and have a confused identity with the inability to commit to anything or bear allegiance to any nation or creed, however the benefits at present far outweigh the risk, you have here kids who can claim two nationalities and can be occupationally and socially mobile between Nigeria and the UK if they choose to as Oge Okoye herself is doing.

Who knows if shoes will be reversed and britons will be queueing up for Nigerian visas sometime in the not too distant future? undecided
Before you start saying that is an impossibility, supposing a highly hypothetical Tsunami like affected Japan affected the UK and caused widespread radiation fallout, wouldn't all we Nigerians in the UK be heading back to our parent's farms?

Kudos to you Oge Okoye for planning ahead a better life for your children, any right thinking parent should do the same given the same opportunities you have.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by mbulela: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
i doubt the 'born in UK' thing is the source of aggro on this thread.
folks generally find her tacky and trashy.
both on set and off the set.
she comes across as an adult stuck in teenager's body, with all the silly tattoos and ill fitting clothes.
besides she is not a good actress.
the UK thing is just a cane folks are using to flog her.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by naijasing(f): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2011
wat so special about uk citizens let her go nd sleep. britico
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2011
Maaaaannn!!! See bad belle for this thread. Even the ones that are also living in another man's country too dey beef this woman utterance as if to say dem no dey hustle for the same kpali for there. Some of you are just disgustingly pathetic. Ride on Oge, nothin' do you abeg.

1 Like

Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by eghost247(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
At least she is honest about it
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by mrkoma2012: 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
who cares if dem b british,
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by MrsSiena1(f): 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
Hmmmm I can feel the hatred in some people's reply to this thread. Its nobody's business absolutely no small or big person's business if she wants all her kids to have British Citizenship geez sometimes when I read some replies to post I just cringe my gosh if you can display such hatred to someone you don't really know how much more you would depict wickedness to someone you are close too. No wonder most peeps in nigerian result to 'juju' to silence their friends or enemies as they call them.

Stop hating people, stop it. It doesnt matter where I give birth to my kids I would still raise them in God's way and teach them our culture they dont have to visit Nigeria to experience it. Some people sha so full of hatred if he pain una abeg make una go kiss transformer jo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Picture Of Wizkid Wearing A Suit / Bisola Appreciates BBNaija, One Year After / Ngozi Ezeonu Celebrates Her 53rd Birthday With Lovely Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.