Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American (6790 Views)

Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic / Tricycle Driver Kills 18-yr-old Friend Over Invitation To Join Cult Group / Another Nigerian Shot Dead On Queue In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by tiatma: 9:02am On Mar 20, 2011
Nigerian shot dead by 18-yr-old American

| Print | E-mail

Sunday, 20 March 2011

THE desire of a former staff of the African Newspaper of Nigeria (ANN) Plc, publisers of The Tribune titles, Mr Olalekan Sodeinde, to seek greener pasture outside the country has ended in tragedy in the United States of America (USA).

Sunday Tribune learnt that an 18 year old Dallas woman, Rayshell Cooks, is now facing murder charge in the death of Sodeinde.

Sodeinde, 45 before his sojourn abroad, had a stint with the ANN Plc as its Senior Audit Supervisor. He was part of the delegates of the International Institute of Internal Auditors (IIIA) to the United States where he travelled to further his education.

Witnesses told police that Cooks got into Sodeinde's car at an east Oak Cliff grocery store in the night. They then saw the car come to an abrupt halt soon after it left the parking lot and Cooks jumped out.

Sodeinde was found shot in the head in the car. He was taken to Baylor University Medical Center where he died.

The witnesses knew Cooks by name and directed officers to a nearby apartment complex, according to a police document. She was arrested on an outstanding assault warrant.

Homicide detectives interviewed Cooks, but she had little to say about the crime.

Sodeinde, 45, was shot in the head about 9:15 p.m. in the 3400 block of Illinois Avenue, west of Interstate 45.

The suspect ran away but was later arrested
, police said.

Cooks is being held in the Dallas County jail facing a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. She was also accused of violating probation in a previous assault case.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3443-nigerian-shot-dead-by-18-yr-old-american
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 20, 2011
lord have mercy.

what was the motive?
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by fstranger3(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2011
But why. . .
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2011
may is gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by SisiKill1: 12:24am On Mar 21, 2011
A crackhead no doubt.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by fstranger3(m): 12:30am On Mar 21, 2011
How I wish it was Temitope Tpiah that was shot!
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 21, 2011
^^good lord, take it easy ke.

oya, where are your nl panadols to calm you down.

this is a serious and sad topic btw- dont derail it. undecided
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by donfade: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
Oh lord take us far from death as we seek our greener pastures.amin ase
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by DeeJay20: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2011
tiatma:

Nigerian shot dead by 18-yr-old American

| Print | E-mail

Sunday, 20 March 2011

Sunday Tribune learnt that an 18 year old Dallas woman, Rayshell Cooks, is now facing murder charge in the death of Sodeinde.

Witnesses told police that Cooks got into Sodeinde's car at an east Oak Cliff grocery store in the night. They then saw the car come to an abrupt halt soon after it left the parking lot and Cooks jumped out.

Homicide detectives interviewed Cooks, but she had little to say about the crime.

Sodeinde, 45, was shot in the head about 9:15 p.m. in the 3400 block of Illinois Avenue, west of Interstate 45.

The suspect ran away but was later arrested
, police said.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3443-nigerian-shot-dead-by-18-yr-old-american

Hmmm, i have gone over the bolded parts, hmmm hmmm hmmm

Did this guy think that he was in Nigeria when he picked this
girl up by 9.15pm at a Grocery Store, for what purpose

He is 45yrs and Married i guess, she was 18yrs hmmm o.k

1 - To buy "Drugs" from her? Highly unlikely

2 - She needed a lift home? Highly Unlikely

3 - She propositioned him for some "Dogging a.k.a Car-play a.k.a  "Runs""? hmmmm maybe

This is not a one off incident in my opinion,

I guess the dude has done it in Nigeria and thought the
same applies in America? Boy was he sooo wrong,

MAY his Soul Rest in Peace!
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by DeeJay20: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

A crackhead no doubt.

CO-SIGN,
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
DeeJay20:

3 - She propositioned him for some "Dogging a.k.a Car-play a.k.a "Runs""? hmmmm maybe

might not be his first time of doing such.

unfortunately, this time was his last.

lord have mercy. undecided
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
DeeJay20:

3 - She propositioned him for some "Dogging a.k.a Car-play a.k.a  "Runs""? hmmmm maybe

grin My thoughts exactly. The guy never imagined she could be armed.

Apparently American ashawos are made of sterner stuff than their Naija counterparts. grin
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by aloyemeka2: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
DeeJay20:

You don't know what happened because you were not there. The deceased may have been a victim of violent crime and it happens all the time. No need coming here to make unnecessary comments based on assumption. It is cold and uncalled for.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by r231(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2011
na wah oh
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by SweetT1: 4:02am On Mar 22, 2011
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 22, 2011
I was debating that Africa is still a safe continent to live atleast without any medical ill individual killing people with gun.

R.I.P
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by DeeJay20: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
aloy-emeka:

You don't know what happened because you were not there. The deceased may have been a victim of violent crime and it happens all the time. No need  coming here to make unnecessary comments based on assumption. It is cold and uncalled for.

Dude! come on now, i not assuming anything, but i aiight getting
into my car from a Grocery Store at 9.15pm and allowing a teenager
too who i probably dont know get in with me!!! Why? Why? Why?

Please tell me why?

Or had she put a gun to his head before entering the vehicle?

And he has only been in the country for a short while?

Bruv, we all know that we dont allow strangers to get into our cars
in broad day-light or at Night Abroad. That also applies to Nigeria
unless you have come to a form of understanding with the individual prior to entering the vehicle,
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by SweetT1: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
DeeJay20:

Dude! come on now, i not assuming anything, but i aiight getting
into my car from a Grocery Store at 9.15pm and allowing a teenager
too who i probably dont know get in with me!!! Why? Why? Why?

Please tell me why?

Or had she put a gun to his head before entering the vehicle?

And he has only been in the country for a short while?

Bruv, we all know that we dont allow strangers to get into our cars
in broad day-light or at Night Abroad. That also applies to Nigeria
unless you have come to a form of understanding with the individual prior to entering the vehicle,

Well it's a big question.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by DeeJay20: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sweet T:

Well it's a big question. No stranger is getting into my at that time of the night. Questions surrounding this man's death is very troubling. I drove by the 3400 block of West Illinois Avenue in Dallas where the guy was shot yesterday, the name of the Shopping Complex is "fiesta Shopping Complex" and the place is very Ghetto even though there were some schools nearby. The man lives in Arlington,Texas and came to Dallas,Texas (about 30 min. drive apart) at that time of the night to allow a girl to get in his car? Very Sad indeed.

Its very sad,  Its just a BIG NO NO! picking up people you dont know
and it appears he came out of the Grocery store with her and she entered
his car.

Even in Nigeria that not going to happen. I was in Lagos late last year
and ladies were trying to flag down my cousin car when coming out of shops
or in go slows. My cousin speeded off like they were Thieves! lol!
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by SisiKill1: 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sped
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
well, the dead tell no tales.

whatever transpired between them that night is known to the girl only and whoever else was involved.

not the general public.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Thirst4Lif: 1:57am On Mar 25, 2011
What would she be doing in his car?

Sounds like he picked up a prostitute and she killed him. Sad story regardless.

Texas is a state which has and enforces it's death penalty. That may be

where this woman is headed!
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Lovely001: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
YALL GOT MY COUSIN bleeped UP , THAT NIGHA DID IT . SHE JUST TOOK THE CHARGE. TAKE THIS TF DOWN , HE WAS BUYING SEX AND ROBBERY WENT WRONG BUT SHE WAS SCARED OF HER BOYFRIEND HE LOCKED UP TO COREY GREEN ONLY GOT 30 YEARS GET Y'ALL FACTS Straight WE JUST DON'T SNITCH OUT HERE BUT Y'ALL GOT HER MESSED UP . THE DUDE WAS IN THE BACK SEAT WAITING .... HIM N HIS SISTER PIN IT ON HER AFTER iT HAPPENED MAD BECAUSE HIM AND HER WAS COOL SCARED TOGO TO JAIL BUT HE WENT ANYWAY. Y'ALL DONE PISSED ME OFF
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by GeneralOjukwu: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
Lovely001:
YALL GOT MY COUSIN bleeped UP , THAT NIGHA DID IT . SHE JUST TOOK THE CHARGE. TAKE THIS TF DOWN , HE WAS BUYING SEX AND ROBBERY WENT WRONG BUT SHE WAS SCARED OF HER BOYFRIEND HE LOCKED UP TO COREY GREEN ONLY GOT 30 YEARS GET Y'ALL FACTS Straight WE JUST DON'T SNITCH OUT HERE BUT Y'ALL GOT HER MESSED UP . THE DUDE WAS IN THE BACK SEAT WAITING .... HIM N HIS SISTER PIN IT ON HER AFTER iT HAPPENED MAD BECAUSE HIM AND HER WAS COOL SCARED TOGO TO JAIL BUT HE WENT ANYWAY. Y'ALL DONE PISSED ME OFF

What the hell are you talking about?
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Boogyman557: 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Holly Gram cool

R.I.P TO D DEAD..

I SWEAR DOWN

I know just know waiting to CAPRISUN rite NOW...

which kind materyans b DIS..

JUST make SURE sey u carry ur own KALA...

WTF MAN
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by tit(f): 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
fstranger3:
How I wish it was Temitope Tpiah that was shot!

them done shot am?
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American by Dialpad: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2022
Charged with aggravated assault I don't get it . That's murder.

I hope justice is served

(1) (Reply)

Graphic:yahoo Boys Killed & Unclad Two Ladies,dumped Them On Farm Road: Photos / Insecurity: 287 People Killed In South East In 5 Months / Nigerian Yahoo boys roasted to death in Mexico (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.