Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,871 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Bridge Between Hearts - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bridge Between Hearts (427 Views)

SYNCHRONISED HEARTS(18+) / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Mended Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bridge Between Hearts by Sommypan(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2020
To tell you the truth, if she didn't jilt me seven years ago, I wouldn't be where I was today. It was when she finally showed me that my life had no direction that I started making adjustments, and today, I'm the youngest billionaire in Nigeria. Funny how the winds of Fate blows our lives.

I shouldn't be thinking of all these; I shouldn't be dwelling on the past. At least, not now; I had something very vital to do today. But as my driver parked my car in the underground garage at my company's headquarters, I told myself that in the end, the pains of those years had metamorphosed into gains of today. I came out of my car, arranged my pinstripe suit, and headed into the elevator.

At the reception, I returned the greetings of the few of my workers I met, and when I reached the receptionist, I instructed her to start ushering in the applicants for the job in the next five minutes. Today, I would be hiring a new secretary. The former one, Mrs. Nwali, had relocated to the US. Her departure had left a huge gap in both my business and personal lives as she was not just my secretary but also a substitute mother. So, it would be hard to find a replacement; that was exactly the reason I was personally conducting the interview—to find someone who would be competent enough. This wasn't a job to be relegated to the HR.

After taking a quick breakfast, I sat in my chair, called the receptionist, gave her the signal; the interview for the post of the personal secretary to the CEO of JusTech Enterprises commenced.

Two hours later, and I had still not found a person who fitted what I wanted. I was increasingly getting irritated after having interviewed over thirty people without any of them coming close to what I wanted. I instructed my receptionist that after the next five people, I would stop for the day. The rest would have to return in two day's time.

But the next applicant that stepped into my office was someone I had never met before, yet didn't want to see. It was a girl with a face similar to a ghost from my past. Without asking her, I knew who she was, but I had to maintain the decorum, so I asked.

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/02/10/bridge-between-hearts-a-flash-fiction-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

(1) (Reply)

Parents Are Tyrants / Ten Romantic Commandments Of The Night. / The Thing Between Us Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.