Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle (9113 Views)

MI Abaga And Iceprince Zamani Announced As New CEO And VP Of Chocolate City Musi / VIDEO: E.M.E's Sun Mo Mi and Behind the Scene Pics / Lyrics Of Molowo Noni By Samklef Ft. Wizkid, D'prince And Iceprince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by ruz(m): 6:54am On Mar 21, 2011
It happened on March 18, 2011, at Beat 99.9FM at a freestyle session. The house was packed with up and coming rappers who were eager to raise the building with their punchlines and verbal display of words. Most notable among them Big T, Godwon, T Rex, Rilwan, Lynxx. All MCs went hard laudable freestyles, delivery and out of the world punchlines with DJ Neptunes, Caise and Jimmy Jatt on the deck. Lynxx was ontop of his game, dropping lines with eloquent delivery. Then came the self acclaimed 'undisputed champion', Africa Rapper Number One, Jude Abaga, better known as MI, with record label mate, Oleku Master, Ice Prince. The moderator immediately asked them to drop lines, being the hottest rappers right now. MI and Ice Prince immediately confessed that on their way to the station they had been hearing the other rappers tearing themselves out and that they were already feeling jittery and inferior. Everyone laughed, thinking they were just being humble. Then to everyone's surprise, Ice Prince got on the mic after much persuasion only to attempt to rap the line of Oleku, he was immediately cut short by the other rappers. Same thing went for MI as he basically had nothing to say. After much irrelevant talk both MCs got on the mic and started reciting nursery school rhymes, which was appalling. The show got back on with the other rappers, who were obviously irritated resuming their freestyle. http://nigerianhiphop.net/2011/03/19/sorry-your-favourite-nigerian-rapper-cant-freestyle
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 7:52am On Mar 21, 2011
Buh it's not everytime that u get in da mood 2 do freestyle na?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by dammiecool(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ poster

wetin u wan try 2 achieve I guess ure one of the unknown rappers undecided
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Esinwaju: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
I may come across as ignorant but then i gotta ask; how important is freestyling to hiphop? does it take anything away from a rapper if he`s lacking in that regard? Someone should educate me on this subject.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2011
i listened to that prog on beat 99.9 and i was vexed!
it was a Dj and Emcee show that night. . . strictly for freestyles!
dudes were spitting fire. . . . . .

then came african rapper number 0 and iceprince! it was a shame . . . big shame!
iceprince started talking nonsense abt "u mess 10 akara fly fencee"and all kinds of crap that night!

my question is, why go for the programme when u were not going to rap or freestyle?
they made a fool of demselves that night! trust Naija peeps, enuf yabs for them on twitter that night!
M.I actually apologised on twitter later that night!

my fear now is that, is it that M.I and Iceprince cant freestyle? or they got scared of wuh they heard and couldnt meet up to standard!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2011
his apology

Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by BabaEleko(m): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
Am not really surprise that those a$shole ratpers can't freestyle poo. Na only hype n lie den sabi lie.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by swaggapee: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2011
in as much as its not easy to freestyle, at least MI should have spat written, it is not a crime !!, the problem wit him is that the money has gotten into his head same thing that happened to ruggedman and 50cent, they are not as hungry as the other rappers big T and phenom, who are still as hungry as children from somalia,  if mi and ice prince value money over hard work, in 2 years i see MI losing all the street credibilty he had.  it is just a pity that someone like MI who we all love still thinks he is number one in naija. it is obvious he is losing it. watch small bois like phenom and peter clarke take over.if they dont let money enter their head too sha, choc city boys are now very  lazy, i no blame them shao , if na me i go follow money too grin
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2011
Talking about choc boys, jesse jags can freestyle die!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by seunallday: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2011
The ability to freestyle does not make you a better rapper, most of the freestyles you hear are actually pre-written

1 Like

Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2011
seunallday:

The ability to freestyle does not make you a better rapper, most of the freestyles you hear are actually pre-written

it makes u a bad one then
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by frijos1: 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2011
my boy Vector wasn't in the house that night. I was there. The dude T-Rex murked everyone that night. Lynxx Utunu tried too. Vector is still number one when it comes to pulling words from the air like bluetooth. New singles from Vector coming shortly, dude dey vex trust me.

Vector ft, 9ice coming shortly watssssch! cool
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by MeGaStReEt: 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2011
fri_jos:

Vector ft, 9ice coming shortly watssssch! cool

Vector ft 9ice. Wetin dey worry Vector sef? wetin concern am concern 9ice? this Vector sha
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by pkasso(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2011
Overrated ! angry
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Vector ft 9ice. Wetin dey worry Vector sef? wetin concern am concern 9ice? this Vector sha

ok this is the height of hating av seen in ma life!
u guys just Kum wheneva u see or hear 9ice
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by chrisical(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
Its never an easy thing to freestyle whether prewritten or off the air.Infact most naija mcs freestyles are prewritten stuffs including previous m.i and iceprince stuffs, . . But like tosin pointed out,they fooled themselves when they knew they had nufin to say
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by MeGaStReEt: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2011
tosinaded@:

ok this is the height of hating av seen in ma life!
u guys just Kum wheneva u see or hear 9ice

Hating, Hell NO! I am not hating, just wondering how the song will sound like
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Slyr0x: 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2011
I've always known M.I. to be bad @ free styling eva since Jimmy Jatt's Jump Off vid. . .Did Phenom perform?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by semid4lyfe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2011
But MI freestyled very well when he came on Star Quest as an invited guest last year? undecided

@ Tosin
I know a certain T-Rex that was in Lag that used to do freestyle battles. . .is he the same one mentioned in this story?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Ignatio(m): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2011
Frestyle is a gift. No matter how good u r in rappin if u don't have it u don't. Money doesn't take ya freestylin ability. Ask Eminem, Jay z n Busta
The choc boys not able to do it tells us that there previous freestyles r pre-written. It's a dissappointment.
Who knows maybe one of d Mc's in d house that nyt was spittin pre-written stuff.
One day bush meat go catch the hunter.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 12:19am On Mar 22, 2011
semid4lyfe:

But MI freestyled very well when he came on Star Quest as an invited guest last year? undecided

@ Tosin
I know a certain T-Rex that was in Lag that used to do freestyle battles. . .is he the same one mentioned in this story?

u call that thing he did at starquest a freestyle? atleast he did sumtn sha. . . .
ruggedman could barely sync 5 words.

T-rex sounds farmiliar buh am not sure i know him!

Slyr0x:

I've always known M.I. to be bad @ free styling eva since Jimmy Jatt's Jump Off vid. . .Did Phenom perform?

yeah kh_phenom did his thing also. . took a while buh he mixed wiv the flow! even though i know he was taking his time to write sha. . . buh atleats he didnt go there to mock himself

it was so bad that oilsa tried helping iceprince, he played the oleku beat and told him to just freestyle on the beat since he is farmiliar wiv it, but no, iceprince still wouldnt spit anytn! i was so irritated!

thanks to peeps like Godwon and Big T. . . Godwon is a beast!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Esinwaju: 1:59am On Mar 22, 2011
Nothing does them joor, as long as they don`t stammer on a recorded track no qualms,
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by 04kaa: 10:26am On Mar 22, 2011
semid4lyfe:

@ Tosin
I know a certain T-Rex that was in Lag that used to do freestyle battles. . .is he the same one mentioned in this story? [/i]

no !, the t-rex you are talking about is different he graduated with teeto and co, he used to freestyle with emteezy, dayja, darkpoet and co in unilag then, semilyfe u get good memory o. grin

@thread
do u people know that it is very easy to freestyle ur written joints> grin grin i started freestyling like 3 years ago and hell yeah the thing no easy at all, if u want to stumble just spit written join am, una think say the thing dey easy abi?, but an emcee of MI/ice calibre,,common, if would have been berra if they spat writtens, u dont go on that big public radio stage to mess up especially when radio people in lagos are listening,,,trust nigerians they will look for the error in it, but Mi of all people,,,i wish i could listen to the radio show again.

tosin which time does the show hold weekly?, i want to be tuning in now.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by easimoni(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2011
maybe the show's MC should have brought up Iceberg Slim. M.I. killed him when they battled freestyle last year
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2011
Ofoka the show is night of the living Dj's on beatfm99.9 buh its a monthly show!

Vector,Godwon and SDC killed it on the first edition. . .

This one is the 2nd edition
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 11:34am On Mar 22, 2011
Ofoka the show is night of the living Dj's on beatfm99.9 buh its a monthly show!

Vector,Godwon and SDC killed it on the first edition. . .

This one is the 2nd edition
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Ibime(m): 11:40am On Mar 22, 2011
Does anyone have the audio?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by dawhizkid1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2011
I SMH for M.I sha
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by medjai(m): 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2011
I'd have been surprised if they could freestyle.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by 04kaa: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ibime:

Does anyone have the audio?
i gat some freinds in beat fm/ but na the kind thing wey beat fm suppose dey put on their website be this, nigerian radio sef.

@tosin
i will make sure i dont miss it, that boy phenom spits mad bars even if some are prewritten.  he his the knighthouse boy that freestyles wit darkpoet / peter clarke /kraft , loose kaynon and co every monday in kokolounge monday night hiphop.   na the kind show wey real heads suppose dey go every monday be that
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by HJ1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
bein disappointed is an understatement . .even if the mood no dey , when u see other guys dey drop lines, the ginger must come , ,even lynxx come get mouth pass them dat nite  , too bad!!!!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2011
I'm on top like cairo - M.I[UNDISPUTED CHAMPION]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dagrin On Jimmy's Jump Off : Its Craaazy / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / Lyrics And Free Mp3 Download - Jesu My Love (Lawrence Oyor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.