Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Is Camry 2000 I4 Tranny Connected With Differential - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Camry 2000 I4 Tranny Connected With Differential (416 Views)

Honest Review Of This Toks 1999 Manual Tranny Honda Civic / My Sojourn Into W201 World (1993 190E I6 Auto Tranny) / How Much Is Camry Big Light And Camry Tiny Light? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Camry 2000 I4 Tranny Connected With Differential by hairyman(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
Does anyone know if a Camry 2000 4 cyclinders' tranny is also linked to the differential? This question is specifically to determine if the differential fluid needs to be changed separately or should a transmission fluid replacement serve for both?

Cc radautowork
Re: Is Camry 2000 I4 Tranny Connected With Differential by TRYGO(m): 7:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
The 2000 model Camry, I believe its wjst people refer as tiny light, PR pencil light Camry. If that's the sort of Camry you've, YES, the differential is serviced separately, and needs the transmission fluid you used in replacing the one in your transmission system, to also service it. Don't use any other oil in that transmission system, asides the recommended one.

1 Like

Re: Is Camry 2000 I4 Tranny Connected With Differential by hairyman(m): 4:18am On Nov 26, 2020
Thanks @ Trygo
Re: Is Camry 2000 I4 Tranny Connected With Differential by adanny01(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2020
hairyman:
Does anyone know if a Camry 2000 4 cyclinders' tranny is also linked to the differential? This question is specifically to determine if the differential fluid needs to be changed separately or should a transmission fluid replacement serve for both?

Cc radautowork

Every vehicle that drives on at least 2 wheels using one power source needs to have a differential. This is because the two wheels do not travel at exactly the same speed all the time. For example, when the car is turning. In this case the tire that is at the turning side travels slower than the tire that is farther to the turning side. Forcing both drive wheels to move at the same speed in this scenario will put a lot of stress on the gear box, hence the need for a differential.

The differential essentially separates one power source into two.

It is an integral part of a front wheel drive transmission gear box. So yes, your Camry has a differential but its inside the gear box.

Cars with an auxiliary gear essentially have a differential locking mechanism. But these cars come with a warning to not keep driving with the lock which could damage the transmission.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rims, Tyres And Glass / 2010 Tokunbo Corolla For Sale At Affordable Price 3.3m Landed January. / Reg Toyota Camry Xle Thumb Start 2010 Model Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.