Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines (481 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Received Oscars Nomination, Award / What Is The Most Interesting Movie You Can't Get Tired Watching? / What's That Movie You Can't Get Tired To Watch? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by kanuekpezujr: 6:17am On Nov 27, 2020
[img][/img]
The poet and lyricist who is known as the "Laureate of Lines" took to his Instagram handle, @laureateoflines1 to explain why he thinks Davido hasn't gotten a Grammy nomination yet.

In the post, he admits that Davido is the biggest in Africa, yet he said, "he has succeeded in making himself loud, but the world hasn't understood him yet."

He pointed out that songs that gave Nigerians like 'Seal' the Grammy are songs with poetic lyrics. According to him, if Chike and Johnny Drills could get as big as Davido, they might get the Grammy.

These were his very words:

"Davido said he's the biggest in Africa and I can't dispute that. But I think he has succeeded in making himself loud, but the world hasn't understood him yet.

Seal won the Grammy with the song, 'Kiss From A Rose'. Listen to that song, even the title is poetic. Chike and Johnny Drille might get the Grammy if they get as big as Davido. And that explains everything, he needs poetic lyrics in his songs."
[img][/img]

Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by Khayceeofficial(m): 6:56am On Nov 27, 2020
That's just the issue with most Nigerian acts...

una won dhe copy all this American trapsters that sjng from their noses combined with explicit lyrical contents but still bag in awards n lots of cash.

Lyrics is the cutting edge burna boy has over all these other artists.

big ups to Davido nontheless...
He's giving his best
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by DonBenny77(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
If Davido wasnt a rich kid he wouldn't have made it in music.
Imagine his first hit
"My papa get money
My papa get money"
Is that one music?
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by ChristoBam: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2020
DonBenny77:
Imagine his first hit
"My papa get money
My papa get money"
Is that one music?
This your talk dumb sha. There are thousands of Rich kids sweating it out trying to make it in the industry. Dey talk rubbish. He got to where he is with talent and hardwork!!
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by DonBenny77(m): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
ChristoBam:

This your talk dumb sha. There are thousands of Rich kids sweating it out trying to make it in the industry. Dey talk rubbish. He got to where he is with talent and hardwork!!
Shut up your mouth or name one billionaire's kid struggling in the industry.
He only made it by buying peoples song.
He dosen't have lyrics, period!
He's only lucky to have lots of dumb fans like you who appreciate "sweet nonsense" music
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by ChristoBam: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2020
DonBenny77:

Shut up your mouth or name one billionaire's kid struggling in the industry.
He only made it by buying peoples song.
He dosen't have lyrics, period!
He's only lucky to have lots of dumb fans like you who appreciate "sweet nonsense" music
Na me Bleep up first quote you sha. Dey tell me to list billionaire's kids struggling. That's the point! They are struggling. No one give a fvck about them.
Get rid of this your mentality of hating on the rich cuz that's what you are doing? Guy started in 2012 or so and has been dropping hits back to back from day one. Didn't even have his Father's support in the beginning.
Dumb fool like you talking about song buying. Nigga everyone get song writers at a point. I know your default settings would be to argue and say dumb shit but with the little I know about the music industry. I can categorically say everyone buys songs!! At least anyone that has been in the industry for years. Na Davido foolish dey cast himself. Everyone keeps their stuff on a low key.
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by DonBenny77(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
ChristoBam:

Na me Bleep up first quote you sha. Dey tell me to list billionaire's kids struggling. That's the point! They are struggling. No one give a fvck about them.
Get rid of this your mentality of hating on the rich cuz that's what you are doing? Guy started in 2012 or so and has been dropping hits back to back from day one. Didn't even have his Father's support in the beginning.
Dumb fool like you talking about song buying. Nigga everyone get song writers at a point. I know your default settings would be to argue and say dumb shit but with the little I know about the music industry. I can categorically say everyone buys songs!! At least anyone that has been in the industry for years. Na Davido foolish dey cast himself. Everyone keeps their stuff on a low key.
People wey dey do Gang tins na cowardly children
Davido can never turn up on his own both in real life and in music.
If Davido na artist make him go do live performance or freestyle.
No be to dey shout jump upandan tell us how much you and your papa get,
Just sing live for 20 mins only.
You and davido na small pikin n i no care if him dey feed you.
Like "back when i was broke yo"
Was he ever broke?
Fake artist.....
Buy person song sing the person story as well
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by ChristoBam: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
DonBenny77:

People wey dey do Gang tins na cowardly children
Davido can never turn up on his own both in real life and in music.
If Davido na artist make him go do live performance or freestyle.
No be to dey shout jump upandan tell us how much you and your papa get,
Just sing live for 20 mins only.
You and davido na small pikin n i no care if him dey feed you.
Like "back when i was broke yo"
Was he ever broke?
Fake artist.....
Buy person song sing the person story as well

Sensible people see relying on your parents for everything as being broke! Your issue with Davido is very obvious and it's his father's wealth.

Go and search Davido's live performance on YouTube and you go see as e plenty for ground. The only performance I've physically watched of Davido in my life was in Ado while I was in Eksu. He preformed Live!!!

No dey talk wetin u no sabi abeg!!
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by edoairways: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
DonBenny77:
Imagine his first hit
"My papa get money
My papa get money"
Is that one music?
That is not true. May your hatred for rich people not make you miss opportunities
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by DonBenny77(m): 6:48am On Nov 29, 2020
edoairways:

That is not true. May your hatred for rich people not make you miss opportunities
Its true, may your love for rich people not make you lick ass
Re: Why Davido Can't Get A Grammy Nomination - Laureate Of Lines by edoairways: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2020
DonBenny77:

Its true, may your love for rich people not make you lick ass
May poverty not blind you to hate riches

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Joker! / Korean Movie BLOOD Episode 1-20 / Lukuluku Bantashi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.