Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? (1466 Views)

How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? / Whats The Cost Of Hosting/maintaining An App After Creating It. / Whats The Expectant Salary For A Cybersecurity Software Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2020
We all love to talk about the good sides of software development and while the good sides outnumber the bad there are still some bad sides to it especially with regards to trashy jobs in third world countries.

I had an interview once everything went amazingly well. They liked my projects and loved how I structured my code and then they said the offer was 25000. I thought they meant 25000 USD per year only for them to say it was 25000 naira for the lifetime Of the project and the project would last a year grin cheesy. I told the founders to quit their startup and come work for me and I would pay them double of that every month but it was so embarassing.

Whats the lowest salary you have ever been offered as a developer?

8 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by dawnomike(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
We all love to talk about the good sides of software development and while the good sides outnumber the bad there are still some bad sides to it especially with regards to trashy jobs in third world countries.

I had an interview once everything went amazingly well. They liked my projects and loved how I structured my code and then they said the offer was 25000. I thought they meant 25000 USD per year only for them to say it was 25000 naira for the lifetime Of the project and the project would last a year grin cheesy. I told the founders to quit their startup and come work for me and I would pay them double of that every month but it was so embarassing.

Whats the lowest salary you have ever been offered as a developer?
what was offered to you was demeaning and evil to say the least... Even cleaners eanr better

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:35am On Nov 27, 2020
dawnomike:
what was offered to you was demeaning and evil to say the least... Even cleaners eanr better
Bro like I rather go do gateman o. wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
200k/month early this month, I was like sorry bro 500k.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by Xeeex: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
talk2hb1:
200k/month early this month, I was like sorry bro 500k.

Are you front or back end?
Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Xeeex:

Are you front or back end?
Fullstack

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by TechCapon(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
talk2hb1:

Fullstack
what's your language stack?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
TechCapon:
what's your language stack?
PHP,
NodeJs,
.Net Core,
Angular,
React.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by TechCapon(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
talk2hb1:

PHP,
NodeJs,
.Net Core,
Angular,
React.
wow, you be boss. I think you should add javascript to the list because you can't learn angular, node and react without knowledge of JavaScript

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
TechCapon:
wow, you be boss. I think you should add javascript to the list because you can't learn angular, node and react without knowledge of JavaScript
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by Karleb(m): 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
TechCapon:

Guy, why you dey fall hand now?

React and Angular, are they not Javascript?

The person you quoted is probably a senior developer who knows more than you.

...or how many developer can open mouth waa ask for 500k per month in this Buhari economy?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by Trump404: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Karleb:

...or how many developer can open mouth waa ask for 500k per month in this Buhari economy?
500K na jonzing wink
Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
TechCapon:
grin grin grin angry
Karleb:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Trump404:

500K na jonzing wink
It has some additional pecks included cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2020
I never reach that level. I still dey find job. Have a look at my portfolio in my signature.
Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by syluck(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
I never reach that level. I still dey find job. Have a look at my portfolio in my signature.

Your portfolio is nice...
Did u design it?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by Etinosa1234: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
Never been paid for coding yet...

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by Albertone(m): 12:04am On Nov 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Never been paid for coding yet...

Still in the learning stage??

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 12:52am On Nov 28, 2020
syluck:

Your portfolio is nice... Did u design it?
yes boss

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Salary You Have Ever Been Offered As A Developer? by Etinosa1234: 3:08am On Nov 28, 2020
Albertone:

Still in the learning stage??

Yes

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Online Paid Job Experience Here[Fiverr, Freelancer]. / Dump For Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I 1Z0-051 / Indexing And Searching Pdf Content With Haystack Elasticsearch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.