Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Lorine Okotie Returns - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lorine Okotie Returns (4714 Views)

RMD & Stephanie Henshaw, Chris Okotie's Ex-wife Pictured Together Hand In Hand / Emeka Ike To Pastor Chris Okotie: You Are An Anti-christ / Delphine: Chris Okotie's New Girlfriend? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lorine Okotie Returns by aloyemeka2: 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
[size=14pt]Songstress Lorine Okotie returns, Says my marriage, no go area [/size]
By Christy Anyanwu

Sunday, March 13, 2011
Lorine Okotie, younger sister of renowned pastor and presidential aspirant, Rev. Chris Okotie, is very much around. After her Love Medicine hit in 1990, she suddenly went into the limbo. Now, she’s bounced back and working round the clock in the studio to release another gospel genre. She says this is her fifth time of coming to the studio.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/13/sun/Lorine-Okotie[1].gif[/img]
Lorine Okotie

Speaking with Sunday Sun at a studio in Surulere, Lagos, she said: “I just want to let people know that I have not abandoned music, but things happen in life that you cannot really explain. The now, for us, is what is important, we are working on a gospel album we hope and pray would make a great impact on people’s lives. Excerpts…

Where have you been, you’ve been away for too long?

A lot of things happened, because I have been gone for so long I don’t want to talk about those things. I don’t want to focus on those things. I just want to create awareness about my music.

As time goes on, we’ll begin to unravel those things, but for now, let’s focus on the music first, because if you give people too much to chew, they’ll pick the one they want.

Let’s talk about what is important, like getting to know Lorraine again, it’s been so long, when people know I am coming back then we begin to talk about other things.

Were you in the country or abroad all this while?

I have been around as a matter of fact, but if you don’t go to places, or don’t have contact with the press or attract any attention or publicity, the public would not know you are around. This is the fifth time we are coming to the studio and I have been doing it here in Lagos.

What have you been doing?

I have my life pretty cut out for me. I have certain things I do. I go to church on Wednesdays. Sometimes, Saturdays and Sundays. I don’t go out much. My life centres around that. Once in a while I go visiting my friends. I guess that’s why. But I have been around.

Then what have you been doing?

That still bothers on talking about my personal life. I just want to crave your indulgence that people know more about my music because it’s music that made Lorine to come back to the people and since I have not been around, I really want this interview to focus on my music for now.

What kind of music?

It’s pure gospel. As a child of God, I believe gospel is a good medium to reach people. We have all kinds of music – reggae, salsa, R&B. We are looking at ten tracks, we have done six so far, but very soon we would get there, we are working hard.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/13/502.html
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by Goldieluks: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2011
Nigerian by force barbie.
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 21, 2011
Hmm. She looks erm, kind of plastic, wonder what happened to her. undecided

I remember her 1990 hit, "Love Medicine", which I bought on cassette. Wish I could get it on compact disc.
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Mar 22, 2011
Who cares? undecided

Seriously, did anyone even know she existed before she decided to seek her 5 minutes of fame? undecided
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by Goldieluks: 12:40am On Mar 22, 2011
Lol grin grin^^
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by mamagee3(f): 1:12am On Mar 22, 2011
Goldieluks:

Lol grin grin^^
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by SeanT21(f): 1:29am On Mar 22, 2011
She looks asian!!
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2011
SeanT21:

She looks asian!!

She looks like Eucharia!
Re: Lorine Okotie Returns by ifyalways(f): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
mama-gee:

Who cares? undecided

Seriously, did anyone even know she existed before she decided to seek her 5 minutes of fame? undecided

You do,obviously.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Upcoming Nigerian Female Singer Who Looks Like Cossy Orjiakor[see PHOTOS] / Evangelist Calls Out Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke For Dressing Like A Gangster / Photos: Yvonne Nelson Out And About In Sexy Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.