Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy (829 Views)

I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / Cows,Goats and Rams Feeds Available for purchase in (South east) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy by Donald3d(m): 10:57am On Nov 28, 2020
Hello good morning everyone and hope you're staying safe.

Please where can I get baby goats (kid) and baby sheep(lamb) of both sexes to buy.

And can you kindly tell me what they cost ?

Thanks folks.
Re: Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy by loshybab(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2020
Donald3d:
Hello good morning everyone and hope you're staying safe.

Please where can I get baby goats (kid) and baby sheep(lamb) of both sexes to buy.

And can you kindly tell me what they cost ?

Thanks folks.
Hello,where is your location? I could help out if you wish. I'm based in Ibadan anyways. Send me a dm if you're serious about it? Thanks
Re: Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy by Donald3d(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2020
loshybab:

Hello,where is your location? I could help out if you wish. I'm based in Ibadan anyways. Send me a dm if you're serious about it? Thanks
Thanks for your feedback, I need to know the cost for an upcoming project.
I am in Sango Otta.
Can you kindly state the prices publicly here if you know them ?
Re: Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy by loshybab(m): 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
Depending on the breed,the WAD of both lamb and kid I'd say is relatively cheap compared to the Northern pure or hybrids. It costs btw 10-15k and between 20k and above for the Northern lambs and below for the Northern kids.

My quotation is relative due to the fluctuation in prices of livestock and depending on the period of purchase,cost of feed etc.
Re: Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy by Donald3d(m): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
loshybab:
Depending on the breed,the WAD of both lamb and kid I'd say is relatively cheap compared to the Northern pure or hybrids. It costs btw 10-15k and between 20k and above for the Northern lambs and below for the Northern kids.

My quotation is relative due to the fluctuation in prices of livestock and depending on the period of purchase,cost of feed etc.
Thanks for your feedback.

But I think the price is quite high, especially for the goat. No ?
That's like the price I bought a 6+ months old goat not too long ago. Why should the kid be that expensive ?
When I say a kid & lamb, I mean a really small kid & lamb, maybe 1+ month .
Re: Where Can I Get Baby Goats And Sheep To Buy by loshybab(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
Donald3d:

Thanks for your feedback.

But I think the price is quite high, especially for the goat. No ?
That's like the price I bought a 6+ months old goat not too long ago. Why should the kid be that expensive ?
When I say a kid & lamb, I mean a really small kid & lamb, maybe 1+ month .

Hmmm!
First of all, I'm glad you said it's for a project,which was what I had in mind before giving the quotation above. For some prices up there,I feel I've even shot myself in the leg, because to get some breed in that range will be an Herculean task.

Now,if you've been into this line of biz for quite some time,you'd know no ruminant will wean in a month,which was d age you seek. You wouldn't want to go down that lane only to spend even more on drugs,feed,monitoring and yet still get a below par result.

A kid and lamb of that age is at high risk of dying,considering change of environment. What's d essence,if I supply such and majority end up dead or having stunted growth? Prosperity will not favour my biz, which is bad.

My advice to you is,seek for weaners and not 'really small kid'. Some might wanna go down that path but not me. If u still wanna do biz though,my dm is very much open. Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Hybrid Viable Seeds/seedlings That Yield All Year Round / Need 50 Units Of Female Hausa Goats In Lagos. Whom Can Supply Me / Catfish Farm @ Ibadan Available For Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.