Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? (10439 Views)

Please How Strong Is This Hp Laptop For Gaming / Which TV Brand Should I Buy For Gaming / SSD Vs HDD – Which One Is Best For Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by investorMK(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2020
insert my sim in my new oppo phone but it's not displaying contact in my sim....
Pls anybody with ideal?
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by investorMK(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
insert my sim in my new oppo phone but it's not displaying contact in my sim..pls any ideal?
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by investorMK(m): 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
insert my sim in my new oppo phone but it's not displaying contact in my sim....
Pls any ideal?
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by investorMK(m): 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mustiboy:

What do you know about processors? undecided
Pls any ideal?
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by khingTony(m): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
Enceladus:

Please help me tell them. No CPU how fast can compare with a GPU. A ten year old GPU will beat a newly developed CPU to the dust.

Did you forget that the Snapdragon 865 has the adreno 650 GPU?
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Enceladus(m): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
khingTony:

Did you forget that the Snapdragon 865 has the adreno 650 GPU?

GTX 590 is nine years old I think, and it still packs more punch than adreno 650, GTX 660 came a year later and beats all adreno family. Honestly the Qualcomm guys did the impossible with the mobile GPUs but the dedicated one's are out of their league.
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Richardrapheal: 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2020
Though not all o
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by theFilmtric: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
Xpress24:
i no get power to argue with u all my android fones from 2012 na flagship chips dem dy use.i neva for once reason mtk because dem no dy freak me. Mind u i neva for once use chinko made fone
Just no say i knw alot about smartphones right from symbian days

What's the chipset of your present phone?

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
khingTony:
In my opinion, Flagship smartphone chipsets are more powerful than that of the XBOX 360 and PS3 for sure and maybe better than that of the PS4 and XBOX ONE, that's why you can install an XBOX emulator and play XBOX games, but, A powerful chipset and GPU is just one thing, another is how efficient they are.

The PS4 and others are large, they have heat sinks and large fans that cool the processor down and even spin faster at full speed when the going gets tough, But Smartphones(asides gaming phones) do not have fans and heat sinks, so, they'll get hotter easily and thermal throttling becomes a thing, when this happens, the processor will reduce it's performance just so that it can cope and not generate more heat.

So if you are to put them side by side and compare for a short amount of time you'll see that processors such as the SD 865+, A14 bionic or Hisilicon Kirin 9000 will out class that of the PS4, but when you play games for a long time, That of the PS4 will be smoother and better.

Peace smiley
How can you be comparing an android phone or iPhone chipset with that of ps4, or Xbox.
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by theFilmtric: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
investorMK:
Pls any ideal?
why are you spamming?

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Xpress24(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
theFilmtric:

What's the chipset of your present phone?

theFilmtricsay
like i said i no get strength
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by theFilmtric: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
Xpress24:
like i said i no get strength

You don't know the chip in your phone
Like I said the G80 is better than it.

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Xpress24(m): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
theFilmtric:

You don't know the chip in your phone
Like I said the G80 is better than it.

theFilmtricsay
ok tanx mr know all
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by laidima88(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
Xpress24:
ok tanx mr know all
u self surprise him now, oya shame the devil
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Xpress24(m): 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
laidima88:

lion no dy boast with goat
I no dy write article but i no be novice for fone matter i don play around with htc,lg,sony and samsung and all of them na flagship.all their write up na for ppl wey no be savvy users.

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by theFilmtric: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
Xpress24:
ok tanx mr know all

Na you be mr know-all
laidima88 :
Lol
U dey mind am?
Last last the highest na SD 865 or Apple A14 bionic
Which is very unlikely
lion no dy boast with goat
I no dy write article but i no be novice for fone matter i don play around with htc,lg,sony and samsung and all of them na flagship.all their write up na for ppl wey no be savvy users.
Just to mention 6-letter word na e i turn epistle
Mention the chipset na?

theFilmtricsay

Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Xpress24(m): 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
theFilmtric:

Na you be mr know-all
Lol
U dey mind am?
Which is very unlikely
Mention the chipset na?

theFilmtricsay
hmmm
Since u wan know na sd855 na lg g8thinq i dy manage for now.
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Xpress24(m): 2:40am On Dec 09, 2020
theFilmtric:

Na you be mr know-all
Lol
U dey mind am?
Which is very unlikely
Mention the chipset na?

theFilmtricsay
sd 855 lg g8
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2020
Miyachi:

That's like comparing apples to oranges.
ARM-based processors were specifically created to tend to the low-powered market - embeded devices, smartphones and ultraportables.

Comparing a PS4/XBox to Apple Silicon or even Snapdragon is going to be hard. What benchmark are you going to use.

Also note that a supercomputer was once built with a cluster of PS3s (or is it PS4s). Same was done with arm-based Raspberry Pis, so for certain tasks you could create a benchmark.

The last point I'll make is that your smartphone processors are general purpose computers while this console processors are built with one thing in mind - to maximize performance in single-precision instructions mainly used in graphics computing.
You're the only one making sense, the rest are saying crap.
I wonder what benchmark will be used for comparing both, using assumptions to explain something that doesn't correlate is a worst thing to do.
For the fact no one is even using an evidence like link that tend to use a procedure to explain what it entails, they're just giving their own personal opinion, thinking they're tech-savvy.
There's this certified computer engineer from UK I follow on YouTube he do explain how these processor works with how their architecture is built with the procedures to compare and what contains in the chip using simple evidence you can find anywhere with link to it.
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Veiniously: 7:53am On Dec 09, 2020
I hate it when people compare smartphone with a gaming console.. Smartphone wasn't built for game, consoles was built mainly for games.. If you say smartphone are better than consoles like ps3 and Xbox then try building that same game for ps3 on smartphone you will notice huge lags and your phone will probably hit up which will lead to shutdown of devices or fall in proccesor speed. Please don't compare

3 Likes

Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Veiniously: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2020
Veiniously:
I hate it when people compare smartphone with a gaming console.. Smartphone wasn't built for game, consoles was built mainly for games.. If you say smartphone are better than consoles like ps3 and Xbox then try building that same game and same graphics for ps3 on smartphone you will notice huge lags and your phone will probably hit up which will lead to shutdown of devices or fall in proccesor speed. Please don't compare
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by theFilmtric: 8:27am On Dec 09, 2020
Xpress24:
sd 855 lg g8
that's why it took you a day to mention abi?
Dey there they whine yourself

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Emeka71(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Stop using techno and infinix.. buy real phones.. not phones made for poor Africans
Except that.
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Xpress24(m): 11:48am On Dec 09, 2020
theFilmtric:

that's why it took you a day to mention abi?
Dey there they whine yourself

theFilmtricsay
smh for u.my initial comment was deleted
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by theFilmtric: 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Xpress24:
smh for u.my initial comment was deleted

theFilmtricsay

Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Fuyinge: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
onyechez:

You're the only one making sense, the rest are saying crap.
I wonder what benchmark will be used for comparing both, using assumptions to explain something that doesn't correlate is a worst thing to do.
For the fact no one is even using an evidence like link that tend to use a procedure to explain what it entails, they're just giving their own personal opinion, thinking they're tech-savvy.
There's this certified computer engineer from UK I follow on YouTube he do explain how these processor works with how their architecture is built with the procedures to compare and what contains in the chip using simple evidence you can find anywhere with link to it.

What's the name of the channel pls?
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by bennyefosa19: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
YangaBabe:
I don't think it's all about comparison, the Helio G80 is good for gaming too, simple.

agreed! other phones with Mediatek helio G80 are good too, it's just that the specs of Tecno Pova are really solid
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Dexterreid852: 1:38am On Dec 11, 2020
I have an honor 20 pro smartphone with a kirin980 processor. The phone has enough power to play genshin impact at the maximum graphics settings. Although most of the time, I work from my phone or sometimes go to fairspin. By the way, I recently installed Pascal's Wager. Did anyone play? This is souls-like for mobile devices. I really liked the management, although it is expensive for the play market.
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Kunja2: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2020
Asolab:
Pls how much can I repair Samsung A30 screen at any Samsung store in Lagos??
take this to the phone repatr thread
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by Sylvaxxl1(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Mustiboy:

I thought as much. Thanks.

The other guy said Smartphone flagship Processors are better than ps3 and potential better than PS4.
The current chip in iPhone 12 is way better than the chip on ps4.
On test, it beat a core i9 with 32gb ram and 16gb dedicated graphics card. In doubt, check this video out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuF9weSkS68
Re: How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? by istana777(f): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2020
I'm until now use PocoPhone f1 almost 2 years still feeling satisfied grin grin
Testing by Geekbench 5

https://istana777.me/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Best Mobile Game You Have Ever Played ? / FIFA 14 on pc / PES 2020 PPSSPPP Download link - ISO+ SAVE DATA & TEXTURE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.