Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. (1603 Views)

International Payments: Nigeria Debit Card Banned / How To Accept Airtime Payment Using Sim Hosting Services | Simhostng.com / Want To Accept Donation On My Wordpress Built Ngo Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by Crypton: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hello fellow developers,
I have a little problem. I am working on a project, which the owner wants to be a global project, not restricted to just Nigeria.
He said other countries could pay in dollars, while Nigerians pay in Naira.

So this is my question. I can't set his default currency to USD, as he doesn't have a domiciliary account

How then do I go about these?

If default payment is in Naira, and i edit the code to display USD pricings to other countries, but Naira to nigerians, will paystack change the currency that' shows up for payment to USD? And after payment, convert the currency to Naira before sending to his account?

Please I need urgent answers
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
Crypton:
Hello fellow developers,
I have a little problem. I am working on a project, which the owner wants to be a global project, not restricted to just Nigeria.

So this is my question. I can't set his default currency to USD, as he doesn't have a domiciliary account

If default payment is in Naira, and i edit the code to display USD pricings to other countries, but Naira to nigerians, will paystack change the currency that' shows up for payment to USD? And after payment, convert the currency to Naira before sending to his account?

paystack recently accepts dollar payments so it should work well
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Crypton:

But sir, Hope even if the default currency stated in the api code is NGN, they would show USD for other countries?

kindly set the default payment in dollar all international countrys would be accepted with paystack including Nigeria bank cards eg MasterCard
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by codeigniter(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
Specify it in a your API calls USD instead of NGN
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by 404Dev: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
And why can't he get a dom account?
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by Crypton: 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
404Dev:
And why can't he get a dom account?
I think it's quite costly to get one these days
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by EWSTechSupport: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2020
Crypton:
Hello fellow developers,

You need to qualify to have Paystack open the USD gateway for you. It is not open by default to new accounts.

I will recommend you use Paystack for the NGN payments and Stripe for USD payments so that way you can target different region customers better.

For further assistance, you can reach us.
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by Crypton: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2020
EWSTechSupport:

You need to qualify to have Paystack open the USD gateway for you. It is not open by default to new accounts.

I will recommend you use Paystack for the NGN payments and Stripe for USD payments so that way you can target different region customers better.

Okay bro.
Can I use stripe to get all international payments in dollars,but converted to my local currency for me?
I mean for e.g Indian use rupee, can they pay in dollars, and stripe will convert my payment too naira, before paying to my bank account? Since there is no DOM account
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by EWSTechSupport: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
Crypton:

Okay bro.
Can I use stripe to get all international payments in dollars,but converted to my local currency for me?
I mean for e.g Indian use rupee, can they pay in dollars, and stripe will convert my payment too naira, before paying to my bank account? Since there is no DOM account

You can check the stripe documentation for that. By the way a DOM account is not difficult to apply for.

Reach out if you need h elp with stripe or Paystack integration
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by Crypton: 12:12am On Dec 21, 2020
EWSTechSupport:

Can I get your WhatsApp link? So we can talk more on stripe
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by EWSTechSupport: 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Crypton:

Can I get your WhatsApp link? So we can talk more on stripe
070 8130 7643
Re: How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. by cixak95211: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
Remember to tell him that Stripe doesn't support Nigeria(ns).
If you seriously need to beat that, then you must incorporate your business outside Nigeria and register as one
and don't try to use hacks e.g. VPN, else you can kiss your account (with money inside) goodbye, should it get suspended.

(1) (Reply)

Boycute Facebook Account Lock! How To Unlock It!!! / Quick Question For People That Buy Course On Udemy / Programming Languages Hackers Should Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.