Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Share Your Experiences With Scammers. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Experiences With Scammers. (233 Views)

Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. / Man Narrates His Experience With Scammers Who Hypnotized Him (video) / Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by chatinent: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
Mine:

1. This particular scammer used a bosom friend of mine to inbox me on Facebook. He must have read our previous chat to guess we were close.

Acting like her (let's use she so you'll understand), she asked if I have heard of one CBN payment stuff like that and how she (he) received N30k now, sending a screenshot of the said alert and blurring the total balance.

I smiled. wink

I played along. tongue

I asked how she was credited and the procedures. She said she only sent her bank details to the admin and was credited and if I was interested, I should send mine.

I did. grin

Few minutes later, a number called me claiming so so and so gave him my number. To look more professional, he spelled out my name...

I smiled again. Such a cheap format because anyone can know your name from your account details.

Wonder how? Just copy an account number and pretend to transfer money to it. The full name of the bearer will appear! I know you are surprised.

Back to the story, I acted so newbie. He introduced the scheme of how I can invest to get double my money.

The scammer was so novice he couldn't even get a customized number with a name. His account number was also trash.

He sent me his account number and suffixed “CBN marketer”. Lol.

I made sure we spoke for up to an hour.

I promised to send N300k for a start but “I was on transit and will send it when I get home in the next thirty minutes. ”

Could you believe this animal was like “in this business, we don't like disappointment so that you can receive your money fast? Promise me you won't disappoint.. ”

Lol. After thirty minutes, his call began. I ended up blocking him.

2. An OTP was sent to me and immediately I got a call. If you are conversant with OTPs, you'll agree with me that most of them are now written in disguise that if you didn't authorize it, you likely wouldn't recognize it.

Oga scammer was trying to log into my Pay Pal and was begging me to send the OTP to him. He cooked up a coc k and bull story.

I blocked him again.

You have to recognize a scammer.

They come in many formats, ranging from creating a site that looks exactly like the one you frequent, Ir they message you directly.

You should use official apps from Facebook, Instagram, etc. Download from your phone store. Avoid ld official websites if you are not a techie. Even on App Store, PlayStore, make sure it is from their vendors.

Don't click on URL shortened links you don't trust, esp. those starting with bla blah if it redirects you to another Facebook look-alike. If you are on a social network and any link redirects you to re-login on a site that looks like the one you were in, please check the link above (that place sth like http://facebook.com is written. You might be inside a hacker trap if there is a non-related link. Be careful not to log in. if it was Facebook, your login details should appear.

3. If they tell you your BVN is blah blah blah, ignore them.

4. If on an ATM queue, avoid giving anyone your card.

5. Avoid wrong number callers.

6. Avoid listening to those prophets on the phone who feel they can predict blah blah.

7. On email, avoid those soldiers who have a property of $173,748 and want to give you half.

8. Avoid those Indian men who can't type good English expressions.

9. Be careful of everyone on dating apps, esp. the premium members. Don't say I didn't warn you.

10. Avoid anyone on Nairaland who you don't review before transacting.

Share your experiences with hackers.
Re: Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by Simplehuman: 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
undecided
Re: Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by shamsin6300(m): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
let me reserve mine. It happens 2015 sha.
Re: Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by samincredible44(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
Mine actually happened while i was working with union bank,the scammer had my bvn and also my bank details.he called out my name and bvn and told me that union bank were having a special promo for current acct owners,so I should send him my ATM card number so he can complete the registration for me.the idiot was desperate and did not know I work for union bank.I played along for 2hrs until the idiot realized I was not serious,I just kept giving him wrong ATM number
Re: Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by Shellsploit: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Re: Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by chatinent: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
shamsin6300:
let me reserve mine. It happens 2015 sha.

Narrate yours.
Re: Share Your Experiences With Scammers. by chatinent: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
samincredible44:
Mine actually happened while i was working with union bank,the scammer had my bvn and also my bank details.he called out my name and bvn and told me that union bank were having a special promo for current acct owners,so I should send him my ATM card number so he can complete the registration for me.the idiot was desperate and did not know I work for union bank.I played along for 2hrs until the idiot realized I was not serious,I just kept giving him wrong ATM number

That's a cool one.

Mynd44, lalasticlala, seun, dominque fp material fa.

(1) (Reply)

Local Investment Is A SCAM 1k To Get 10k In 10 Days Time / Chinese Fake Covid-19 Vaccine / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.