Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? (772 Views)

Working Or Looking For Foreign Remote Software Developer Job As A Nigerian? / Get Bid For Freelancing!! / $7 Per Hour Go Developer Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by WallStreetfx(m): 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good morning nairalanders,

I'm a computer science under graduate at Kwara state university, I started programming 1 year ago. have learn bunch of programming language basics, I was able to arrived at one python framework which is used to develop websites with HTML,CSS and JavaScript. I want to ask you guys whether it is okay for me to get a web developer job or use for freelancing. I ask one programming guru he told me I should try to learn reactjs and nodejs with it. I'm confuse right now I just want a very simple answer that we help my career in programming.

Help move to front page
Seun
Lasticala

Thanks in advance.
Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by Donpre(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2020
Django is a great framework but its not popular in Nigeria.

Learn php or nodejs(express). Thats what people fight about these days.

Any one of them will get your jobs in Nigeria, however popular consensus says php will get you more jobs

4 Likes

Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by devbits: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
Don't go Python/Django if you are in Nigeria. Reasons... Check some of my thread.... Baba learn PHP
Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by devbits: 7:24am On Dec 03, 2020
Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by ProfAmaben(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
Forget about Django and focus on JavaScript and it's ecosystem. JavaScript is where the job's at.

I remember making the mistake of starting with python for web development, I started with Flask and trust me, to be a good web developer you must learn JavaScript.

Python is good for data science, machine learning etc but JavaScript is the king of web development. I'm not saying that Python isn't good, but Django is becoming pretty outdated.

1 Like

Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by BillionaireTeen: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Forget about Django and focus on JavaScript and it's ecosystem. JavaScript is where the job's at.

I remember making the mistake of starting with python for web development, I started with Flask and trust me, to be a good web developer you must learn JavaScript.

Python is good for data science, machine learning etc but JavaScript is the king of web development. I'm not saying that Python isn't good, but Django is becoming pretty outdated.

Sir, so i can't apply for jobs with django. I thought it is one of the best framework in programming
Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by ProfAmaben(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
BillionaireTeen:

Sir, so i can't apply for jobs with django. I thought it is one of the best framework in programming

In web development 2020, Django is becoming increasingly outdated. There's nothing like best or worst framework, everything depends on your proficiency and the features of the framework.

How many jobs have you searched for recently? Have you encountered the word REACT? If yes, you better start learning it, don't waste your time with Django, you could use it as your backend framework but node and it's ecosystem still performs better and is more future proof.

Django is good but in terms of jobs, nowhere near Node or React.
Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by Karleb(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
ProfAmaben:

In web development 2020, Django is becoming increasingly outdated. There's nothing like best or worst framework, everything depends on your proficiency and the features of the framework.

How many jobs have you searched for recently? Have you encountered the word REACT? If yes, you better start learning it, don't waste your time with Django, you could use it as your backend framework but node and it's ecosystem still performs better and is more future proof.

Django is good but in terms of jobs, nowhere near Node or React.

It's seems you are a stakeholder at Javascript (Node and React) Inc.

4 Likes

Re: Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? by ProfAmaben(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2020
Karleb:

It's seems you are a stakeholder at Javascript (Node and React) Inc.

Not really, the young man needs a job and I'm pointing him in the right direction. I presently need a FullStack developer that can seed Api's and payment solution using React and node, we've not gotten one yet. Django jobs aren't in anyway close to Node/React jobs.

(1) (Reply)

FREE Litecoin Mining Bot | Get 0.00021346 LTC Every 30mins / How Much Will It Take Me To Develop An App Like Dreamily / Is This A Wise Decision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.