Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? (663 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Asisat Oshoala Listed In Goal 50. Messi, Maradona And Alexia Are Winners. / Diego Maradona And Michel Platini: The Irony Of Life In One Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by ogbiwa: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2020
Hi guys,

I was rewatching some clips of Maradona's famous football performances and let me say first of all, that guy was born with a football at his feet. What a genius.

The balance, pace, power, vision, trickery, the things he does with the ball are sometimes jaw dropping. Like "you de watch am, e de go". No wonder one of our "guys" was nicknamed after him in dribbling (if you know you know)
But truly one of the undisputed goats.

But then I saw again his mesmerizing solo goal against England at the 1986 world cup quarter final, a goal which won the goal of the century. Brilliant goal. He sold half of the England team plus their goalkeeper for only sixpence.

But I noticed a lot of similarities between that goal and Messi's equally brilliant solo run and strike against Getafe. But I wonder how that goal doesn't get as much accolades as Maradona's goal because they're so similar. Perhaps because Maradona's goal was scored at a bigger stage maybe. Pls I'm neither a Messi nor Ronaldo fan. I'm just comparing two goals that are similar.

So my question is simple. Which goal do you think is better?

Maradona vs England

Or

Messi vs Getafe

I've included a video link to both goals for those who have not seen them or perhaps want to see them again.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuXPHT4-v1f8&ved=2ahUKEwiekIOI2q7tAhVKDGMBHcstDDgQwqsBMAB6BAgBEAM&usg=AOvVaw2rBzq_RWtDa3U_3DC1MKxP

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by MMempire(m): 8:35am On Dec 02, 2020
Messi's goal is the best.
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by TochiOlisa: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2020
They're both brilliant goals but sincerely I enjoyed watching Messi's own better than Maradona's own grin
I'm also not a Messi or Ronaldo fan

1 Like

Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by Papparassi: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Maradona, because it was at a world cup and against much more difficult English team with Terry Butcher in defence.

Thank you Diego for the memories.

2 Likes

Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by quickly: 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Maradona because

- 1 at a world cup tournanment
-2 the pitch at that world cup was bad compared to nou camp pitch
-3 in the hot afternoon of mexico sun compared to cool night in barcelona
-4 determination of diego
-5 the english players hated diego because he scored hand of god minutes earlier

2 Likes

Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by baralatie(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Papparassi:
Maradona, because it was at a world cup and against much more difficult English team with Terry Butcher in defence.

Thank you Diego for the memories.
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by baralatie(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
quickly:
Maradona because

-5 the english players hated diego because he scored hand of god minutes earlier
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by baralatie(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
maradona
it was classic
it was beautiful
it is a world cup for that matter!

1 Like

Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by jesmond3945: 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
ogbiwa:
Hi guys,

I was rewatching some clips of Maradona's famous football performances and let me say first of all, that guy was born with a football at his feet. What a genius.

The balance, pace, power, vision, trickery, the things he does with the ball are sometimes jaw dropping. Like "you de watch am, e de go". No wonder one of our "guys" was nicknamed after him in dribbling (if you know you know)
But truly one of the undisputed goats.

But then I saw again his mesmerizing solo goal against England at the 1986 world cup quarter final, a goal which won the goal of the century. Brilliant goal. He sold half of the England team plus their goalkeeper for only sixpence.

But I noticed a lot of similarities between that goal and Messi's equally brilliant solo run and strike against Getafe. But I wonder how that goal doesn't get as much accolades as Maradona's goal because they're so similar. Perhaps because Maradona's goal was scored at a bigger stage maybe. Pls I'm neither a Messi nor Ronaldo fan. I'm just comparing two goals that are similar.

So my question is simple. Which goal do you think is better?

Maradona vs England

Or

Messi vs Getafe

I've included a video link to both goals for those who have not seen them or perhaps want to see them again.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuXPHT4-v1f8&ved=2ahUKEwiekIOI2q7tAhVKDGMBHcstDDgQwqsBMAB6BAgBEAM&usg=AOvVaw2rBzq_RWtDa3U_3DC1MKxP

Lalasticlala Mynd44
how can you compare world cup with liga?
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by Bawom: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
6[odd] AVAILABLE;
KICKOFF @ 1:30AM THIS MIDNIGHT;
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING;
WHAT-SAPP;

091 38 29 09 16
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by peacekante: 3:48am On Dec 03, 2020
jesmond3945:
how can you compare world cup with liga?

It was in Copa de ray not la liga
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by ogbiwa: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2020
quickly:
Maradona because

Some valid points you got there.

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by jesmond3945: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2020
peacekante:

It was in Copa de ray not la liga
are they even comparable? Messi's name would just go with this generation and argentina would not immortalize him if he doesn't win the world cup.
Re: Between Maradona And Messi's Famous Solo Goals, Which Is Better? by paulolee(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2020
Diego carried more weight bcoz its a world cup game BT I preferred messi own bcoz he was younger, not dt experienced n dt goal announced to the world dt a GOAT is born..

(1) (Reply)

Messi Must Take Pay Cut Or Leave - Barcelona Presidential Candidate / I Just Staked Big On This 11 Odd Stake / N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.