Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? (27726 Views)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by mywells: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
azawuoba:

bro reports has it that most people get tired of that companionship just after 3 years of marriage

I can't imagie sharing the bed with one kpekus with the rest of my life .
hmmm
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by jaxxy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
BadRadio:
Some live to harness themselves for it.

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

For a man or a woman, Is marriage and having kids an achievement?

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

What are the core importance of being married or getting married.

Is having children paramount in marriage?

Yes and No

An achievement is whatever u set for urself and for most people and maybe society Yes marriage and having kids is an Achievement depending on where u come from.

Some people think just having money and living wealthy is an Achievement bt to some it is not.

Jesus came and in his short stay achieved alot. He didn’t marry or have kids cos that’s not why he came. And yet what he accomplished was a great Achievement. I’m speaking for Christians and spiritual minded folks now.

So Achievement is accomplishing ur goals, ur aspirations or path in life.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by merits(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
It's not an achievement, it's a liability.stay single for life.

Team single gather here.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Splitmind: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
internationalman:
After achieving everything in the world without a family, then you would know that kids are the biggest achievement of all...

Even though I'm scared of marriage but the feeling I get when my babe is sleeping over is enriching. I sometimes wonder how it would feel when this sleeping over happens everyday...

After several years you will get tired of seeing her face. grin

Most people get complacent when they feel like they have "won".
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by allanphash7(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
If getting married will worsen you, remain single. Marriage is either life improvement or life imprisonment. Nobody should pressure you into marriage

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by harmony75: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
it is part of an achievement to have your own family..your home is your responsibility so it is part of growth and achievements!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Hathor5(f): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
I don't. Is dating and falling in love work now?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by DexterousOne(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
BadRadio:

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

Its instinctive to do
Hence it's no special achievement

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by aribisala0(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2020
thesicilian:
For some women, yes.
One doesn't need any special credentials to be able to marry or have children. The true achievement comes from being able to raise up godly children
godly? What does that mean?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
BadRadio:

Agree with you only if u are not a feminist
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by DexterousOne(m): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
internationalman:
fter achieving everything in the world without a family, then you would know that kids are the biggest achievement of all...

Even though I'm scared of marriage but the feeling I get when my babe is sleeping over is enriching. I sometimes wonder how it would feel when this sleeping over happens everyday...
I disagree

Some of the greatest men ever, who changed the course of humanity FOREVER were childless and without family

10 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Dannyilo(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
What is the aim of this post please? Is it that people should not thrive to make a successful family? If you can not attain a feat, that does not mean it is not an achievement.
Most times, post like this tends to encourage mediocrity. People should be having free sex and having kids out of wedlock because getting married is not an achievement or what?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by pansophist(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
If you choose to marry, you will suffer. If you decide not to marry, you will also suffer. You cannot escape from suffering, you should choose a suffering that is worth it. And when it comes to choosing one, choose what is meaningful, not what is expedient.

To marry and bear forth children is a meaningful thing. It is how you contribute to the future and the continuity of humanity, and raising good kids is how you contribute in making society great again. Your parents, grandparents and all your ancestors that makes up the "you" all paid this price, the question now is, will you do the same ? If you decide not to marry, at least be as great as Albert Einstein, Elon Musk or Steve Jobs.

Just contribute to humanity in your own little way. Then that is a meaningful, and a well-lived life. All the great men without children such as Nikola Tesla all left a big remark on the planet and they will never be forgotten, meanwhile, the ordinary people are ancestors to the present generation, you just have to contribute to the growth of humanity, either by blood or by inventions, not otherwise.

Nihilism, vanity and hedonism is expedient, its temporarily fun but its not virtuous, and when one have no virtue, they suffer. Yes, humans are sick when they live without virtue. Every civilisation, species and religion that supports marriage and procreation can not be all wrong. Its not something you just decide because you feel, but because it is the right thing.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by baggioni: 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
No
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by obowunmi(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Many people have children they cannot take care of. They have become beggars.

Many women have JOBLESS husbands.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by King44(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
No... It is a necessity... Same as owning a house

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by dasparrow: 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Most Nigerians and Africans think marriage is an achievement. I personally don't see it that way. Do you know why? With all the marrying that Nigerians do and all the children Nigerians give birth to, Nigeria still is and remains a shithole third world country.

Around the world, we Nigerians have a bad reputation due to all the criminal activities some of our people are engaged in.

Nigerians don't understand that it's not just about marrying and giving birth but being able to raise the kids right with moral values and adequately provide for them so they don't grow up and start engaging in crime.

Of what use is marriage and child bearing when Boko Haram, kidnappers, cultists and Fulanis herdsmen could kill your spouse or children anyway or they will live in hardship for the rest of their lives in Nigeria?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by okoroemeka(m): 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
hashtagged:
No they are not achievements they are liabilities
if getting married to someone you love dearly and having wonderful kids is not an achievement then I wonder what is achievement itself,is it that mansion,that expensive car, investment,land assets,billions in the bank,what then is need to gobble up material things when you will be enjoying it alone and miserable, my children make me happy, watching then grow into beautiful ladies and good guys don't even give me a choice as a parent,it's social media that has exposed the generations old weakness of women,but there are still women out there that will always be a friend and companion but you must have an open mind.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by ultimatebas(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yeah
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Whitelookq: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
NO
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by babtoundey(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
Simple questions deserve simple answer. But with Nairalanders, diverse is the case. Everybody suddenly becomes a mouthpiece and some sorts of generic entity.

Is marriage an achievement?
My answer: Yes, it is to me. I love children and I can't wait to get married to have them.

The happiness one gets from a happy home and a fulfilling marriage is second to none.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by MANDIPUTIN: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
1 Timothy 4:1-3
The Spirit says clearly that some people will abandon the faith in later times; they will obey lying spirits and follow the teachings of demons
Such teachings are spread by deceitful liars, whose consciences are dead, as if burnt with a hot iron.
Such people teach that it is wrong to marry and to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten, after a prayer of thanks, by those who are believers and have come to know the truth.

The End near.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Elizabethjacob(f): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yes sure, if you don't call it an achievement so what else can you please call it, it's only bad and seen as an under achievement when you are unlucky to got married to a wrong partners,,,

5 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by authority2006(m): 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2020
azawuoba:
why on Earth would marriage be an achievement?

why?

Because it's not easy marrying and staying married. Then, having kids and raising them is a major responsibility. Why wouldn't that be an achievement if you did it successfully?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Splitmind: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2020
Not in the slightest. Most normal people can reproduce and there's millions of people who want to get married just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by freeman131: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aboks:

guy forget all kpekus na de same

Guy na lie

Some kpekus are dirty as a pit toilet while some are as clean as a first class hotel suite.

Some are as wide as a gee pee tank others are as tight as a tiny hose.

Some smell like a rotten fish while others have the fragrance of lemon.

So broda chill all kpekus are not the same grin

6 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
pansophist:
If you choose to marry, you will suffer. If you decide not to marry, you will also suffer. You cannot escape from suffering, you should choose a suffering that is worth it. And when it comes to choosing one, choose what is meaningful, not what is expedient.

To marry and bear forth children is a meaningful thing. It is how you contribute to the future and the continuity of humanity, and raising good kids is how you contribute in making society great again. Your parents, grandparents and all your ancestors that makes up the "you" all paid this price, the question now is, will you do the same ? If you decide not to marry, at least be as great as Albert Einstein, Elon Musk or Steve Jobs. Just contribute to humanity in your own little way. Then that is a meaningful, and a well-lived life. All the great men without children such as Nikola Tesla all left a big remark on the planet and they will never be forgotten, meanwhile, the ordinary people are ancestors to the present generation, you just have to contribute to the growth of humanity, either by blood or by inventions, not otherwise.

Nihilism, vanity and hedonism is expedient, its temporarily fun but its not virtuous, and when one have no virtue, they suffer. Yes, humans are sick when they live without virtue. Every civilisation, species and religion that supports marriage and procreation can not be all wrong. Its not something you just decide because you feel, but because it is the right thing.

You lean towards the perspective of Stoicism. Are you a Stoic?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by freeman131: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
babtoundey:
Simple questions deserve simple answer. But with Nairalanders, diverse is the case. Everybody suddenly becomes a mouthpiece and some sorts of generic entity.

Is marriage an achievement?
My answer: Yes, it is to me. I love children and I can't wait to get married to have them.

The happiness one gets from a happy home and a fulfilling marriage is second to none.

Bros chill it's not a closed ended question
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Sanchez01: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
gunners160:
you are getting it wrong. u can have a family without marriage. Davido, whizkid, olamide etc are perfect examples. Talking of kids, you can also get that outside marriage, we are in the 21st century now not in an archaic one.
The likes of Wizkid who was once referred to as a 'deadbeat father' and Davido should never be the standard. Those guys do not a have family, just litters everywhere.

Like someone rightly pointed, there is no achievement in getting a woman pregnant. Fathering a child such that he or she becomes a model or godly child is the achievement. Anyone can get married in today's world. The achievement, in the end, is staying married.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by emkz: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
Why do people get married?

If we truly understand why we do get married, the question of achievement wouldn't arise.

Marriage is a necessity. Having children is a responsibility. I have seen folks who like the companionship in marriage without the responsibility of children.

Why do people get married?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by chinedumoooo: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
If marriage is not achievement, what do we call achievement........
Is it going to club with chicks?
Is it having a cars?
Is it acquiring different certificates?
I was forced within to comment because this topic is completely senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Dearlord(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
OP, I hope you went to school.
Achievement=Result
If you can labor & get married = achievement
If your dickson & pkekus reciprocate = achievement [child]
If you work & get paid = achievement [earnings]

And finally if you can breath in & breath out = achievement [God's grace]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives / Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / A Tribute To Freeman David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.