Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,198 members, 7,849,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley (604 Views)

Heavyweight Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Oleksandr Usyk September 25 In London / Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by robosky02(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
Anthony Joshua will return to the ring to face Kubrat Pulev this month in a blockbuster heavyweight clash to end 2020.

The British heavyweight superstar was set to face his IBF mandatory challenger in June at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in front of 60,000 fight fans.

Anthony Joshua is the WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion of the world
However, the COVID-19 lockdown saw that put on hold and Joshua will now take on Pulev at Wembley Arena, with just 1,000 people allowed in to watch.

Joshua v Pulev: UK fight date
The 12-round heavyweight title fight is scheduled for Saturday, December 12
It will take place at Wembley Arena in London, with 1,000 fans able to attend
The undercard will get under way at 7pm, with the main event slated to start between 10pm and 11pm
The fight will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office from 7pm
talkSPORT will bring you regular updates of the fight on the radio

Joshua v Pulev: What has been said?
Joshua is targeting a 2021 showdown with fellow world champion Tyson Fury, but insists he is not looking past dangerous Bulgarian Pulev and is wary of the threat he poses.

He said: “Pulev is named after a great Bulgarian warrior and he has that warrior spirit, he carries the hopes of his nation.

“He is tough, he has a great jab and he will dig deep. He has found a way to beat every opponent, except Klitschko, but I know I have prepared well and I should be victorious.

“I know lockdown has been tough but for me it has been a blessing.

“I have concentrated on training, on improving my boxing, all year. I haven’t had to do much commercial or promotional stuff, I have had more time with my family and more time to train seriously. And the longer I wait for Fury, the better prepared I’ll be.”

Pulev said: “For a small country of Bulgaria to stand up for the heavyweight titles is a great accomplishment.

“This fight is for my late father and all Bulgarians around the world! I’m coming to London to seize the heavyweight championship of the world.”

Anthony Joshua is favourite to win but Kubrat Pulev will be no pushover

MIKEY WILLIAMS/TOP RANK
Anthony Joshua is favourite to win but Kubrat Pulev will be no pushover
Promoter Eddie Hearn, meanwhile, said: “I can’t tell you how happy I am to see fans returning to our live boxing events.

“Whilst the team have done an incredible job over the last 10 months we live and breathe through the energy and atmosphere that a live crowd generates.

“It’s so fitting that they can return for an AJ fight, when through the last few years he has broken all kinds of attendance records in the U.K. and beyond. This is such a positive move for boxing and all sport. Welcome back!”

Joshua v Pulev: TV channel and live stream
The fight will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office at a cost of £24.95. Sky’s coverage will start at 7pm ahead of a stacked undercard.

You don’t have to be a Sky customer to watch the fight – you can live stream for the same price on your computer, mobile and tablet devices.

Sky Sports Box Office will also be available on BT TV. There are two ways to make the purchase – by tuning to channel 496 or by searching for the event in the BT Player.

Anthony Joshua will fight for the first time in a year in December

MATCHROOM BOXING
Anthony Joshua will fight for the first time in a year in December
Joshua v Pulev: Undercard
Up and coming cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie will fight on the undercard as he looks to take his unbeaten professional record to 15 wins.

Hughie Fury, cousin of world champion Tyson, will also be action against Mariusz Wach, who lost to Dillian Whyte last year.

Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev – for WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles
Lawrence Okolie v Krzysztof Glowacki – for vacant WBO cruiserweight title
Hughie Fury v Mariusz Wach
Martin Bakole v Sergey Kuzmin
Souleymane Cissokho v Kieron Conway
Ramla Ali v Vanesa Cababellero
Qais Ashfaq v Ashley Lane
Joshua v Pulev: Tale of the tape
Joshua – Pulev

Nationality: British – Bulgarian

Height: 6ft 6 – 6ft 4

Stance: Orthodox – Orthodox

Reach: 82in – 79in

Record: 23-1-0 – 28-1-0

KOs: 21 – 14

Rounds: 103 – 203

Debut: 10/05/2013 – 19/9/2009

Nickname: AJ – The Cobra

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/677628/anthony-joshua-v-kubrat-pulev-date-uk-start-time-undercard-ppv-live-stream-tale-of-the-tape/

Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by robosky02(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Thanks. @ mynd44.....

OK let's go there
Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by Emerald04(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2020
Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by Great100000: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
AJ..... Lets Do It As Usual.

Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by paulolee(m): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
straight win for a.j...even sure pass Bayern vs Augsburg...
Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by robosky02(m): 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
paulolee:
straight win for a.j...even sure pass Bayern vs Augsburg...

This is the cobra....

Hope your aware not the fat Ruiz
Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by robosky02(m): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2020
Kubrat Venkov Pulev (Bulgarian: Кубрат Венков Пулев; born 4 May 1981) is a Bulgarian professional boxer. He held the European heavyweight title twice between 2012 and 2016, and has challenged once for the unified world heavyweight title in 2014. As an amateur he won multiple medals at international tournaments, including gold at the 2008 European Championships and bronze at the 2005 World Championships, all in the super-heavyweight division.
Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by robosky02(m): 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
Re: Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev December 12, 2020 At Wembley by robosky02(m): 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev Is Just The Beginning Of An Exciting Festive Boxing Schedule

It’s fair to say that the sport of boxing has taken quite a few blows so far this year. However, as the festive period fast approaches, there are still several big fights to look forward to – especially for British boxing fans. WBA (super), WBO, IBO and IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will be back in the ring for the first time in 12 months on December 12th, whilst fellow Britons Callum Smith and Luke Campbell are also in action over the course of the next few weeks.

So, read on as we take look at the jam-packed festive period…

Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev – December 12th – Wembley Arena, London

AJ will defend his heavyweight titles against mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev at the Wembley Arena on December 12th. The bout will mark the Watford-native’s first fight in the United Kingdom since he beat Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium back in September 2018, and it’ll come as no surprise that he is the heavy favourite in the Joshua vs Pulev odds from Paddy Power. The Briton is yet to fight at the North London-based venue, and it’s going to be very different circumstances, as the current government guidelines mean that the iconic venue will only be able to host around 1,000 people – a far cry from the 90,000-strong home support that AJ has become accustomed to at the likes of Wembley.

Liverpool’s Callum Smith (27-0) will defend his WBA (Super) and The Ring super-middleweight titles against Mexican Canelo Álvarez (53-1-2). The bout will take place at the Alamodome in San Antonio, and Smith is up against the odds facing Álvarez, who is considered to be the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world right now.

However, despite his underdog status, the unbeaten Smith is confident he can beat the Mexican, who knocked out his older brother Liam in the same state back in 2016, claiming: “I’ve been wanting a big fight since becoming world champion, so I’m so pleased that during these challenging times we can deliver to the fans a fight between the very best in the division.

“I truly believe I beat him and will prove that 168 pounds is my division.”

Two-time world title challenger Luke Campbell and the promising Ryan García were due to clash for the WBC interim lightweight title on December 5th. However, those plans were thrown out the window when Hull-native Campbell, who will be hoping to bounce back from that defeat to Vasyl Lomachenko last August, tested positive for COVID-19 in the build up to the first bout. The pair will now touch gloves on January 2nd, with the stateside venue yet to be confirmed. Worryingly for 33-year-old Campbell, who has 11 years on his opponent, García is heavy favourite with the bookies at 4/9.

The winner of the fight will become the mandatory challenger for Devin Haney’s WBC lightweight belt, and García revealed he is excited to get back in the ring.

“I’ve been eagerly waiting to get back in the ring and have been working harder than ever to get here,” said The Flash.

“It’s been a tough year for everyone, but I’m excited to bring the fans an escape for the night. Or, based on my track record, a few minutes at most.”

Gennadiy Golovkin will also defend his middleweight IBF and IBO world titles against Kamil Szeremeta in Hollywood, Florida on December 18th.

(1) (Reply)

Jan Blachowicz Hands Adesanya His First MMA Professional Lost. / Play Online Poker And Get Real Cash / Video: Leaked Photo Of Arsenal Newboy Ben White With Manager Mikel Arteta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.