Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice (425 Views)

Broke Up With My Virgin Girlfriend / She Broke Up With Me After So Many Years / Rice And Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by luchishawn(f): 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
we have been dating for almost two years now.
I used to think he was the right one not until he sent me a text saying ' it is over'
I called him but he refused to pick up.
Maybe I offended him, so i sent him an apology text.
The next day, he sent me a message on my WhatsApp that i was not a good wife material.
Tried finding out his reason for the statement.. it took a while before he sent 'WHY DID YOU NOT USE THE OLD STEW TO MAKE JELLOF RICE?!'.
so that was why , he was annoyed..
first of all, there wasn't enough rice and I couldn't boil only half a cup.
when he read my message, he blocked me.
He even went further to inform his friends that i was no longer his gf�.
worst part, he paid me a visit unexpectedly and demanded that I should return all his money , he spent in our relationship.
I know it sounds awkward.
yeah, Christmas is almost here but I have been battling with heartbreaks.
should I go back and beg him?
or ignore him and move on?

help a sister abeg!
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by Teaveapoet(f): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Please ignore him and move on. It's clear marrying him will only amount to pressure and endurance.
You need peace of mind not heartbreak.

1 Like

Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by daewoorazer(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
While it’s safe to assume your boyfriend is childish, you missed out what exactly you did that got him mad.

You probably overdid something or you blew up his savings somehow.
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by WoundedLamb: 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
daewoorazer:
While it’s safe to assume your boyfriend is childish, you missed out what exactly you did that got him mad.

You probably overdid something or you blew up his savings somehow.

You guys always believe the woman must always be at fault. You're even willing to assume what was not shared in the story just to back your preferred horse.

1 Like

Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by daewoorazer(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You guys always believe the woman must always be at fault. You're even willing to assume what was not shared in the story just to back your preferred horse.

Listen, I ain’t backing any tree up.

If you think the boyfriend got mad over nothing, That’s illogical.

For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction.

Don’t be sentimental please
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by Azyne(f): 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Wahala o..

He's probably fed up and has been looking for something to hold on to
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by WoundedLamb: 12:06am On Dec 03, 2020
daewoorazer:

Listen, I ain’t backing any tree up.

If you think the boyfriend got mad over nothing, That’s illogical.

For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction.

Don’t be sentimental please

In other words, men's reactions are always justified? Dude, you and I know so well that when a man is tired of a lady, he literally gets mad over NOTHING. Let's stop the pretence and face the truth, the dude possibly just wanted to dumb her ass.

1 Like

Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by daewoorazer(m): 12:54am On Dec 03, 2020
WoundedLamb:

In other words, men's reactions are always justified? Dude, you and I know so well that when a man is tired of a lady, he literally gets mad over NOTHING. Let's stop the pretence and face the truth, the dude possibly just wanted to dumb her ass.

Well you may be right if you think he wants to dump her ass, anything is possible...and you may be wrong too

But sir, until we hear from both sides, I’d say it’d be preposterous to judge.

Always remember even a mad man will write statements to suit his/her narrative in a court of law.
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by WoundedLamb: 3:22am On Dec 03, 2020
daewoorazer:

Well you may be right if you think he wants to dump her ass, anything is possible...and you may be wrong too

But sir, until we hear from both sides, I’d say it’d be preposterous to judge.

Always remember even a mad man will write statements to suit his/her narrative in a court of law.

Yes, true. Fact. But I wish you'd also defend the women folks with this same vigour and logic when Nairaland guys create their usual threads to call out women.

Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by Greatzeus(m): 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
luchishawn:
I used to think he was the right one not until he sent me a text saying ' it is over'
The next day, he sent me a message on my WhatsApp that i was not a good wife material.
Tried finding out his reason for the statement.. it took a while before he sent 'WHY DID YOU NOT USE THE OLD STEW TO MAKE JELLOF RICE?!'.
worst part, he paid me a visit unexpectedly and demanded that I should return all his money , he spent in our relationship.

help a sister abeg!
His reason is not cogent enough to break up with a lady you truly love and you actually intends to be with for ever.
That said,he still has a reason. Apologize to him, maybe that's what he wants. If he accepts your apology,move on with him,if he doesn't move on with your life.
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by LadyTianna(f): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
luchishawn:

help a sister abeg!
Learn to recognize toxicity when you see it. Have some self respect too. There are men who try to guilt trip women and manipulate them into doing things in the name of "looking for wife material". A man who loves you wouldn't treat you in such a manner. He even asked you to return all the money he has spent...doesn't that show you how childish he is?
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by At10tion: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2020
Jellof rice keh? Lolz!

Just ask him the real reason he broke up with you. And for the money he had given you that's by-gone, he should forget it.
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
I think you guys lack understanding and for me, I guess he's also childish.
I would cook whatever you refuse to cook cos I'm a good cook. And you should have explained to him there and then, that the rice is too small for the stew or better still, take the stew that would be enough for the small rice and keep the rest stew in the fridge. It's that simple. He also over reacted though and coming to your house for the money he had spent on you is so childish. Maybe you should have told him to pay you for all the sacrifice and sex too grin

If you still love him, go and apologize. You are in the learning process.......you are getting to know his kind of person. As long as he doesn't hit you, try to see if you can cope with his flaws. It is called tolerance!

The only thing that can make me quit a relationship is cheating!
Re: He Broke Up With Me Because I Did Not Turn His Old Stew To Jellof Rice by VanillaIyce(f): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
luchishawn:

help a sister abeg!
Please let him be,when he comes back to his senses he will come around, except his reason for breaking up with you is not oldstew/jollof rice matter but just held onto it to cause a break up.

(1) (Reply)

Good Byee / I Need A Relationship:( /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.