Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation (20405 Views)

Juventus Lost To Ronaldo In Arbitration. Ordered To Pay The Debt Owed Him / Maiden Scrabble League In Nigeria: N1,000,000 Star Prize Up For Grabs / 2017 World English-Language Scrabble Championship Holding In Nairobi, Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by fantastic1: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2020
Mopolchi:
Money no dey Scrabble na
You no hear say the small one when even they, person sitvdown on top?
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by virago(f): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2020
Seniorwriter:

True but Success is most satisfying when you have high aspirations but modest expectations.
The ability to ask for help when stuck shows you are SMART! ...he should do the needful....imagine if this guy has an app for Scrabble puzzles and live chat with him directly...his Admob earnings will make him forget all his worries!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!

©Seniorwriter

I would like you to build a scrabble app and see how much you can earn from it , what interest people these days aren't educational stuff
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by ManTiger(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by nohalti: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2020
Hmmm.
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by farem: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2020
AnonPoet:
WELLINGTON QUITS SCRABBLE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2761483744111640&id=2086673431592678&scmts=scwspsdd

So sad. For your information you can't get Jack.
The only way to get good thing from this government is...

...join boko haram, kill a lot of innocent Nigerians and later say you are repenting.
Phew...all the treasures of the federal government is yours!
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by ZACHIE: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2020
farem:

So sad. For your information you can't get!
I think this is unkind.
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Baselm: 10:54am On Dec 03, 2020
This guy made me love Scrabble, I was hoping I'd get to play him someday. Sad he is not well paid for what he does. This Scrabble could easily have been another means if gainful employment for a lot of youths, but who would be motivated by this story?

2 Likes

Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Minjim: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
How's 2002 20 years ago?
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by farem: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
ZACHIE:

I think this is unkind.

This is very a mischievous mention.
Did you deliberately left the better part of my contribution or you could not see it?
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Seniorwriter(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
virago:

I would like you to build a scrabble app and see how much you can earn from it , what interest people these days aren't educational stuff

You fail to comprehend my output....I'm not talking about a random individual....with what he has achieved as a scrabbler he'll make millions 'nough said.

©Seniorwriter
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by JohnCyrilEfe1(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
a country where BBN house mate not just the winner are richer, gain more popularity n awards with allot of endorsement (someone representing himself) than an individual representing his country on international competitions

and tomorrow they will discover a certain footballer who is a Nigerians, making wave across the globe to come play for Nigeria n expect him to honor the call....... what a useless country we r
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by olorunyomi13773: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
:I think this is unkind.This is very a mischievous mention.Did you deliberately left the better part of my contribution or you could not see it?
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by manitoba(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
i will convey your message to him.

Mayflowa:
As CEO of Africa Education and Leadership organization, I look for people like these to manage and channel their career in the right direction that would benefit humanity. Although a good academic grade is essential, people with Wellington's profile don't need to succeed in life. He is already exceptional talent. Harvard and other ivy-leagues would need him to tell them the story that has made him so successful in his trade. Hey guy, connect him with me at satz5000@yahoo.com if you find him. I would be financially responsible for his journey to business or political greatness.

He should initiate legal action to collect his money winnings too if he has the evidence. This should be way more than $5000 because of interest on investment and emotional abuse. A good start is to sue for $100,000 each. It is even important for business school to be aware you have the steel to fight injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by johnhood(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
What the f*ck ? This is very sad. This country is playing with it's citizen in many harsh ways. Good you made it public please stop at nothing until those motherf*ckers pay up.
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by DabFrankNG: 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Another vital issue he raised is 'taxes,' which I believe refers to the huge cuts that officials take from his earnings when he gets them.
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Mdd09: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
angry
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by petluva: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
To anyone who wants to donate, here's a gofundme page for him

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-wellington-jighere-get-on-his-feet

1 Like

Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by CandidSeeker(m): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mopolchi:
Money no dey Scrabble na

They should at least release his winning to him...

The culprits should give account, no matter how long it's been.

Someone should start
#paynaijascrabblechampion for him
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Seniorwriter(m): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
einsteine:

Who told you he doesn't have a Scrabble product?

How many of your own "products" are giving you earnings?

Even Chess grandmasters with training contracts and endorsements are struggling financially. You, armchair analyst that you are, think they are doing something wrong when they are just in a field that's not so easy to monetize

I'm a chess player(lover) and I make money organising trainings & mock tournaments.....

©Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Seniorwriter(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
GavelSlam:

Takes 2 to tango.

Software entrepreneurs should also be reaching out to him.

With a good PR he'll be reached... Like you said it takes two to tango so he too can make a move for that.

There are also other ways he could Monetize his status.
Best believe people don't want to buy what you sell but they are interested in what value your product can give them.
Even a book launch or bazaar will give him the right nodge.

© Seniorwriter
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by virago(f): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2020
Seniorwriter:

You fail to comprehend my output....I'm not talking about a random individual....with what he has achieved as a scrabbler he'll make millions 'nough said.

©Seniorwriter

Even Nigel Richards hasn't made millions from scrabble and he has achieved twice as much as Wellington in scrabble , if not even more , you only view life from an unrealistic position like most motivational speakers. Scrabble doesn't have the kind of following to make one into a millionaire , endorsements are even less likely to yield more as it doesn't pique people's interest as well. So your input , or did you call it output , is only idealistic in a sense but not realistic.
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Seniorwriter(m): 10:04am On Dec 04, 2020
virago:

Even Nigel Richards hasn't made millions from scrabble and he has achieved twice as much as Wellington in scrabble , if not even more , you only view life from an unrealistic position like most motivational speakers. Scrabble doesn't have the kind of following to make one into a millionaire , endorsements are even less likely to yield more as it doesn't pique people's interest as well. So your input , or did you call it output , is only idealistic in a sense but not realistic.

Not Realistic to you doesn't make it unrealistic... It's not by the followership alone but the Locomotives for Monetising as a brand! Numbers don't lie when you use locomotives...
Let me give you an insightful analogy ..a direct interactive chat session with a creative and interesting Scrabble topic like "why Scrabble has weirdy words" will pull traffic from both lovers and non lovers of Scrabble no confinement to only Scrabble players ...I won't divulge other plugins in what I'm trying to put afore(output) .... It's only idealist and those that comprehend how to gainfully Monetize with SM that can see futuristicly!

Even Mark was told negatives of his idea but look @facebook today!

My point is with the world been a Global village this Scrabbler should make good use of his public figure to Monetize for residual income!.
Mind you I'm not a motivational speaker I'm a writer and a serial idealist with no tolerance to procastination!.
I don't tell you fairy tales....but I can write you to reality!

©Seniowriter
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by virago(f): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Seniorwriter:

Not Realistic to you doesn't make it unrealistic... It's not by the followership alone but the Locomotives for Monetising as a brand! Numbers don't lie when you use locomotives...
Let me give you an insightful analogy ..a direct interactive chat session with a creative and interesting Scrabble topic like "why Scrabble has weirdy words" will pull traffic from both lovers and non lovers of Scrabble no confinement to only Scrabble players ...I won't divulge other plugins in what I'm trying to put afore(output) .... It's only idealist and those that comprehend how to gainfully Monetize with SM that can see futuristicly!

My point is with the world been a Global village this Scrabbler should make good use of his public figure to Monetize for residual income!.
Mind you I'm not a motivational speaker I'm a writer and a serial idealist with no tolerance to procastination!.

©Seniowriter

Yes you're right in that numbers ( figures/statistics ) don't lie , if you know the numbers of such ventures that fail compared to those that succeed you'll probably have a rethink with your assertions.
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by virago(f): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2020
Seniorwriter:

©Seniowriter

where you start to fail is in the use of your word "will" , nothing is assured
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Seniorwriter(m): 11:14am On Dec 04, 2020
virago:

Yes you're right in that numbers ( figures/statistics ) don't lie , if you know the numbers of such ventures that fail compared to those that succeed you'll probably have a rethink with your assertions.

Anyways what I'm referring to is a Locomotive induced Monetisation, which is not a venture... It's an Institutionalised process....."The biggest communication problem is not to listeno,hear or read to comprehend rather most often we listen hear or read just to reply."... .'nough said though.

©Seniowriter
Re: Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation by Seniorwriter(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2020
virago:

where you start to fail is in the use of your word "will" , nothing is assured
Nothing is sure but where there is a *Will* there is a way!

©Seniorwriter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Complete £17.2m Signing Of Sambi Lokonga / The Squirrels Of Benin Training Ahead Of Today's Game With Super Eagles / Photos Of Super Eagles Training Ahead Of Today's Match With Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.