Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) (38548 Views)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / The Dog That Walks Like A Human (Video, Photos) / Meet Dog That Looks Like A Giraffe, Thanks To Her Incredibly Long Neck (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Music-loving Dalmatian caught 'playing' the piano and even howls along.

Dexter, two, was filmed standing on his hind legs, playing the piano and 'singing'; his owner Esther Mason, 43, from Jersey, filmed his performance last week. Normally, the shy dog stops playing whenever his owners walk in the room

Dexter, two, is known for spending a little time each week perfecting his 'singing' and piano technique.

However, the shy performer is known to stop playing and jump down from the keyboard whenever his owner, Esther Mason, 43, from Jersey, walks in.

Last wek though, Esther managed to catch Dexter in the act and said that he is the 'best pianist' in her home and even made her neighbours wonder if it was her daughter learning to play.

In Esther's clip, Dexter is seen standing at the keyboard on his hind legs, with perfect posture, and belting out impressive notes while dramatically hitting the piano keys with his paws.

Esther said: 'He's been playing the piano for a while, I barely ever get to see it but my neighbours have asked me a few times if my daughter is learning the piano.

'He tends to stop when he sees me because he's got a short attention span and he'll run to us to play.

'It's amazing because it really sounds like he's singing and trying to play the different notes.

'And you can tell he's really passionate about it - I don't know if it's because there's the CATS soundtrack score there.

'I think he found it offensive and that's why he was bellowing the way he was. 'But he's really a very soulful singer.'

Esther and husband Rob, 45, said they discovered Dexter's talents one evening last year when they suddenly heard the piano notes clanking in the middle of the night.

They had gotten the piano for their daughter when she was taking classes and assumed she was the one playing, but were shocked to discover it was Dexter.

Esther, who works as a teacher, said: 'We got the piano when my daughter was learning but he's the best player in the house, definitely.

'One night we heard someone playing the piano in the middle of the night and wondered what the hell was going on.

'When we got up we saw it was Dexter and we just couldn't believe it. 'He's just this big goofy dog who plays the piano - what's not to love.

'And maybe he'll be able to teach us how to play as well.'
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9013713/Dalmatian-caught-act-owner-plays-piano-howls-favourite-songs.html

Watch Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVxTg8tnbI

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by eliyke(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
shocked orisirisi something,well na oyibo dog

5 Likes

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Righteousness89(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
So Beautiful! So lovely!
All the Creatures of GOD Almighty are just Sweet and Beautiful in their own ways.
Everything GOD Created is Good..

I Imagine what its gonna be like on Earth when we are back here for the Millienium reign with JESUS Christ.
The Chemistry between humans and animals is gonna be as God ordained at the beginning in the Garden of Eden..

Brothers/ Sisters, do not trade the Salvation of your Soul for anything. Guide it with all your Might.
The Glory that awaits us is incomparable to anything we see here..

114 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by DenreleDave(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

grin grin who thought the dog Do,re,mi,fa,so,la,to,do?

The pix, the second merge, the Dog did his face like girls when they don't want to accept ya proposal. grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by vastolord4(m): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
If dexter can be this intelligent, I wonder why some leaders aren't? They prefer to dance to the cry of the people..

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Juliusmomoh: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Juliusmomoh: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
vastolord4:
If dexter can be this intelligent, I wonder why some leaders aren't? They prefer to dance to the cry of the people..
U nail it bro...

29 Likes

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Juliusmomoh: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

grin grin who thought the dog Do,re,mi,fa,so,la,to,do?

The pix, the second merge, the Dog did his face like girls when they don't want to accept ya proposal. grin grin
na me teach am o...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by nairalander2020(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
dogs can be smart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by nairalander2020(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
omo na me today get double space for front page.
chai up na me down na megringrin

1 Like

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by tillaman(m): 1:04am On Dec 04, 2020
Make them enroll the dog na
After all if the dog ends up mastering the act na better cash out for the owner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by egharevba72047: 6:43am On Dec 04, 2020
:If dexter can be this intelligent, I wonder why some leaders aren't? They prefer to dance to the cry of the people..U nail it bro...
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
grin. This dog get talent pass many Nigeria women wey I don come across since Dem born me
Chaii,see talented dog

unlike our Nigerian girls wey their only hobbies na to dey hop and jump from diicks to diicks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Houseofglam7(f): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Awwwwww kiss

1 Like

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by osamz007: 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
So Beautiful! So lovely!
All the Creatures of GOD Almighty are just Sweet and Beautiful in their own ways.

I Imagine what its gonna be like on Earth when we are back here for the Millienium reign with JESUS Christ.
The Chemistry between humans and animals is gonna be as God ordained at the beginning in the Garden of Eden..

Brothers/ Sisters, do not trade the Salvation of your Soul for anything. Guide it with all your Might.
The Glory that awaits us is incomparable to anything here..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by BF69BF: 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
If this dog visits some states in Nigeria, the owners will be very very sorry. It will continue playing the piano inside the pot without feeling shy.

grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Igbankpa(m): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ekuke no fit do this one.
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
Okay these are What I learned too late in life.

That body language speaks a lot more than actual words. It matters. A lot.

You can always earn money. It's not a big deal. Your world is not going to end because you don't have a fixed income. Something else will work out.

Saying No is important. People don't get offended as much as you think.

You use only less than 10% of stuff you possess. Get rid of that stuff that you hardly ever use, you will have that many less things to worry about.

What people say when they are angry, aren’t things they mean. They regret it often. Forgive angry people. It’s okay, they are only human.

There are no winners in an argument. Only losers. Don’t ruin your relationships arguing about things that don’t really matter.

Nothing is complicated. Not as much as you assume. It's just your mind playing tricks with you. If you get down to it, it’s all really simple and clear.

Loving your partner is a choice, not a feeling. And your character is the choices you make.

No one in this world will stand up for you like the way your parents do. Always be there for them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Myhusband(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
nice one

dog need to be nurtured and teach that life is not about barking, ain't it?

dog had been the only animal that imitate and learn fast among all animals plus they're best man friend

I really don't know why calabar don't like seeing them though

3 Likes

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by bluefilm: 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dogs have managed to integrate themselves so well into human lives

To the extent that they start thinking that they are also humans.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Flexherbal(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lovely!
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Coldie(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
If u go abroad see oyibo dog, u would ask yourself if it's the same dog we have in Nigeria.

They behave very calm.

You would be walking on the road u would see a mighty dog without leash walking home on its own without disturbing anybody, but in Nigeria if that kind dog was free it would be chasing everybody it sets eyes on

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Mindlog: 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
See talent! cheesy
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by omoadeleye(m): 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
End time dog.
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by Tommmmybigd(m): 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
my dog is more cuter than this

1 Like

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
I see nothing special there joor, dat dog is as normal as a common bingo
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by MarveworldNG: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Beautiful
Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by peacettw: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
So Beautiful! So lovely!

The Glory that awaits us is incomparable to anything we see here..

E Don do. Haba

2 Likes

Re: Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) by boscho(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
I'm astonished, this is wonderful. I'm wondering what gave a dog the motivation to play piano.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chicken Without Feathers / Nigerian Man Does Naming Ceremony For His Dog (Photo, Video) / Cats Pass Out After Eating Their Owner's Marijuana Plants In US (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.