Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,109 members, 7,957,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? (3493 Views)

Mikel - The African Zidane? / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2006
Hey what do you think about mikel's perfomance today?

I thot it was a very masterful display for a young man with tremendous talent. maybe just maybe there is life without JJ Okocha afterall. We have a new no. 10
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by otokx(m): 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2006
i don't think so, ayila or odiah i think are better off.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by adeore(f): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2006
mikel is only good for 2nd half
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 9ja4eva: 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2007
NO
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by topeorekoy(m): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2007
mikel new jay jay? he cant be. maybe in 2 years time. jay jay was patriotic in his day and he gave his all. mikel is only the new makalele in chelsea but not the new jay jay. he sees chelsea above nigeria and i think he needs to be punished fo his actions.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 9ja4eva: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2007
Oh yes thank God someone sees it dt way tooo
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by danniecool(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2007
Mikel is Mikel not new Jay Jay, the guy is still a young man who still have the chance to learn so much handling the midfield for Nigeria, Okocha started really nice time in midfield play 1999 though he was know with his fine dribbling skills but there was no authority in term of distribution of balls and accurate passes to others players advantage i mean the strikers.

Okacha what at his peak (i mean took football really serious) when age was not in his side, but mikel at his tender age have those quality required from a good midfielder, have good passes, can not be easily dispose by any player when he is with the ball he might not play like okocha but atleast he still have something to cheer us.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by RuuDie(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2007
From the way things are going down @ the bridge, Mikel's probably gonna end up being Nigeria's defensive midfielder !
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by lordimpaq(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2007
never
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by chuckdee4(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
He's no where close to being the new Jay Jay, besides they play different positions, u can say he might b eth enext Oliseh (Oh how i miss those days cry) with a bit more discipline and respect he has what it takes to become world class, cos he hardly losses the ball and is very difficult to disposses
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by RuuDie(m): 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
I think he's adding too much weight --- if he doesn't tone it down, he's soon gonna be playing like Geremi Njitap
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2007
RuuDie:

I think he's adding too much weight --- if he doesn't tone it down, he's soon going to be playing like Geremi Njitap

The guy stays at England, and you know, Lampard has given him what he gave Shevy to eat lol the TRIO are now FAT grin
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by doyin13(m): 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
Jay Jay = god

Mikel Obi = mere mortal
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 9ja4eva: 11:47pm On Jun 08, 2007
lmao
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by doyin13(m): 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2007
doyin13:

Jay Jay = god

Mikel Obi = mere mortal

I make this statement based on personal experience.

It was in 1995 when Nigeria was playing in Saudi Arabia in the Intercontinental Cup.

This was Jay Jay in his heydays, when he was dazzling Wembley or bamboozling those upstarts at Old Trafford in the C/league with Fenerbache.

This particular match, NTA was not offering any commentary so we had to listen to a constant deluge of Arabic.

Okocha was on fire that day. He was using his whole repertoire, and it all became too much for the dazed arabic commentator.

He screamed: 'Okocha, Okocha, Okocha, Allahu Akbar

God bless jay jay
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by doyin13(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2007
Jay Z = God MC

Jay Jay= God Baller
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2007
You want to insult the great Jay Jay Okocha. There is just no semblance in their kind of football. Mikel is never going to be like him.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 9ja4eva: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2007
Never
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by chidichris(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2007
Mikel to me should not be likened to okocha because as long as football is concerned okocha did not make the history we expected from him.
trace okocha from the day one till date and begin to wonder what went wrong with him.
despite all his moves with the leather, he got less medals and individual awards.
i see mikel as a refined okocha with sharp passes and football sense despite his age.
even okocha himself would want mikel to go more places with football than he did.
the boy is doing well and if things continue the way it is, we will one day come together to be proud of him as a good ambassador.
i know in the next 3 years, he will be having a warehouse for medals and awards in which area okocha failed.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 9ja4eva: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2007
Ma brova dt one na big lie

Well u be Mikel supporter so no need
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by mellow(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2007
chidichris:

Mikel to me should not be likened to okocha because as long as football is concerned okocha did not make the history we expected from him.
trace okocha from the day one till date and begin to wonder what went wrong with him.
despite all his moves with the leather, he got less medals and individual awards.
i see mikel as a refined okocha with sharp passes and football sense despite his age.
even okocha himself would want mikel to go more places with football than he did.
the boy is doing well and if things continue the way it is, we will one day come together to be proud of him as a good ambassador.
i know in the next 3 years, he will be having a warehouse for medals and awards in which area okocha failed.

Not everybody has the fortune or luck to acquire medals and Jay Jay happens to be

among the less fortunate ones. But that cannot demaean the fact that Okocha has

added value to world football/history. he has held the world spell bound with his

dazzling display. He has paid his dues and we cannot bugrudge him that.

Mikel, on the other hand is a fine player and we pray for God to give him more grace

to achieve greatness in the feed of Football.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by delwu(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2007
ppl just seem to forget too easily, he was so good he was named twice!!! try john john makes no sense. don't ever try comparing both players, his highness (jay jay) was in a league of his own. let it end there abeg.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 9ja4eva: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2007
Mikel is nt PERIOD
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by niddamugu(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2009
jj left a shoe, a cap, a jersey and above all a position too big for mikel or any other person (at least for now) to fill.
okocha is one player we miss and will continue to miss for a long time to come.
okocha is THE PLAYER.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2009
what kind of topic is this?
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by myhouse: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
Mikel is dead compared to Okocha

Okocha could decide a game why mikel causes more damages.

Okocha was very good at long throwing while mikel can not distribute a short passes

Okocha no dey form unlike stupid mikel wey him father even confirm his son they form

Mikel is one of the bad eggs in the Super eagles team
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by shesi(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
Mikel the new Okocha? is that a joke?

how many shots on target does Mikel take. He's only scored one Chelsea goal in 3 years and that was against some 3 division team in the carling cup. It was a scruffy headed goal from a corner kick. that's it.

Infact, If Mikel were to be playing for a midtable team, which is where his ability suggests he should play, no one will be asking this question ever.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by chic2pimp(m): 4:29am On Oct 10, 2009
shesi:

Mikel the new Okocha? is that a joke?

how many shots on target does Mikel take. He's only scored one Chelsea goal in 3 years and that was against some 3 division team in the carling cup. It was a scruffy headed goal from a corner kick. that's it.

Infact, If Mikel were to be playing for a midtable team, which is where his ability suggests he should play, no one will be asking this question ever.
Good Question. I'll rather compare Mikel to Oliseh.

The only player that shares similar attributes to those possesed by Jay Jay is Rabiu Ibrahim.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by Bluhazel: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2009
that sluggish la.zy idi.ot called mikel can never be and should never be compared to our living football legend and maestro Okocha.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by naso2(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2009
shesi:

So you now know better than all five chelsea coaches (Morinho,grant,scolari,hiddink,ancelotti) that have left him in the chelsea first team? Rubbish. To your anguish whenever Mikel leaves chelsea it will be for another big club in Europe. What you should be trying to find out is what this foreign coaches see that people like you need to grow up to understand.

How many goals did Makelele score in his entire career?

myhouse:

Mikel is dead compared to Okocha

Okocha could decide a game why mikel causes more damages.

Okocha was very good at long throwing while mikel can not distribute a short passes

Okocha no dey form unlike stupid mikel wey him father even confirm his son they form

Mikel is one of the bad eggs in the Super eagles team

Okocha is a good player no doubt, but with all these accolades have you tried to find out why Okocha never had any look-in by any big team in Europe?

Okocha did not step into anyones shoes in Nigeria so is it not necessary to produce another player in Okocha's mould for us as a nation to play good football.

Okocha has his style with its attendant strenghts and weaknesses, so does Mikel. I hope you get it.
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by galatico(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2009
God forbid bad thing Mikel the new Jay Jay, Never no way Iro nla, Rabiu Ibrahim is the new JJ .
Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 4llerbe(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
overrated Arrow! look whether u like it or not this guys case is a case of someone with a good chi and probably some great home support from mom and dad from some spiritualist.

havent u ever noticed that outside that chelsea team the guy has never ever performed? when surrounded by a good system and great players an average player begins to look really good!!!! without the essien/lampard/ballack support this guy has never been all that.

and for the 3 coaches assertion, mikel is simply the cheapest alternative. besides he is not required to do anything spectacular in any match, make up the numbers, get in the way of opposing players, when he gets the ball immediately look for someone to pass it to or face his goalkeeper! abi u don ever see mikel dictating a game before?

he was an ego buy for jose so he needed to justify the spat with fergie, the guy got playing time and any susequent coach simply did/could not make wholesale changes to the system. grant had no spine/ideas/ scolari was too daft and was even trying to bench him at a point, hiddink had no time and couldnt even recruit his own players so he worked with what he had.
now anceloti is starting to show signs that mikel is a bench material.

in fact this days upstarts like song are beginning to look far better! see the boys performances for cameroun and arsenal!

players like mikel are the reason naija wiil be backward in football, average talents overhyped!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". / The Whole Premier League Managers Should Protest 4 Pep To Leave England / SA League Fans News And Update here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.