Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone (24279 Views)

Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On 20+ Million Phones / Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Their Manufacture Phone / Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On More Than 20 Million Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by domack99(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
The Chinese court has published a verdict on a case involving the Chinese smartphone maker Gionee. It seems that Gionee planted a Trojan Horse on more than 20 million devices to get money from unsolicited ads and other malicious activities without the user's knowledge.

The Shenzhen Zhipu Technology Co. Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Gionee, has implanted a Trojan Horse through a software update using the so-called "Story Lock Screen" app. The first devices infected with the "Dark Horse Program" were in December 2018. The job was carried out until October 2019 and for that period, the company is said to have earned around $4.2 million, affecting 21.75 million smartphones. The expenses for that period are just a little below $1.3 million.

Xu Li, Zhu Ying, Jia Zhengqiang and Pan Qi were found guilty in the process of illegally controlling mobile devices and are sentenced from 3 to 3.5 years in prison along with a CNY 200,000 (~$30,000) fine each.

Although shocking, this seems to be a common practice with cheap Chinese smartphones and other companies were also found guilty of the same
malicious activity and Tecno is one of them.

https://www.gsmarena.com/chinese_finds_gionee_guilty_of_planting_malware_on_more_than_20_million_units-news-46613.php

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Mutemenot(m): 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2020
Chinko phone users never see sumtin, if it's not Samsung or Iphone, bro keep it for yaself

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by meobizy(f): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Nairalanders will never believe this. A user mentioned this since 2013, he got ridiculed off this platform.

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by AdaugoChisom(f): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Even my Redmi 8 shows ads each time I'm installing apps and through file manager. I have to denied the installer and file manager access to internet.

40 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by selfdefence: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2020
na wa o, but why are is op dragging TECNO into goinees matter again? TECNO had tackled such issue many years back now
Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by saxby(f): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
As they found them guilty have they now banned them from producing phones and please this totally has nothing to do with TECNO o

8 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mutemenot:
Chinko phone users never see sumtin, if it's not Samsung or Iphone, bro keep it for yaself

or nokia too

20 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Replacement: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
No wonder I always have issue with my phone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by fasmukol: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
The case is not really a China based case. They should compensate (with money) people that have suffered from their dubious act and find a way of fixing the bug with assurance of consumers' privacy protection.

17 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Paliat: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
God will punish Gionee company

1 Like

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by dGoodMan: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
Kaii.. This is so wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
This is why I don't use Chinese phones, those guys can spy on someone's privacy like mad, stupid people, I will advise guys here of you have money buy a Samsung phone or Google pixel,they are the best

24 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by OnyeOhuu: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Insecurity coming from all angles.
Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Worksunlimited: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mutemenot:

As if the Samsung and Apple don't also do their own wuruwuru..

28 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by slawormiir: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Mutemenot:
I agree with you niggarrrr

1 Like

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Abfinest007(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
laugh in confusion
Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Prechgold1180(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
That's why 10k left my Gionee account yesterday

The court should add five He goat 2 white stock fish 3 gallon of white palm oil and lastly a bucket full of mosquito urine

6 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Naijaarchive(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Gionee and yearly wàhálà... Don't like the brand....
Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Mutemenot(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Worksunlimited:

As if the Samsung and Apple don't also do their own wuruwuru..

Fear Chinese bro, not just their phone... Those guys 're trickish like we Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Rexnegro(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
serious country

1 Like

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
African buyers

Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by Memphis357(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
Gionee users.your attention is needed here.
Re: Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone by kayjay69(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
you never see anything (for warri accent)

AdaugoChisom:
Even my Redmi 8 shows ads each time I'm installing apps and through file manager. I have to denied the installer and file manager access to internet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Musk: Say What You Want About Me, I Bought Twitter For $44b / The Transparent Pearphone, A Future Enhancement / Oppo Reno 2 Unboxing And Review After 1 Month Of Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.