Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Who Ought To Name A Child ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Ought To Name A Child ? (19929 Views)

Like Dbanj, This Is What Every Guy Ought To Do / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / "Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Good day nairalander
What is your kind opinion to the above question ?...
My anty and her husband have being having isuee concerning this since yesterday...
She gave birth 7days ago, and according to there religion (christainity), tomorrow is the naming...
Now two of them are having isuee now concerning the naming..
The husband suggest the boy to be called: victor..
While the wife (my anty) suggest the boy to be called: freedom ...
Now mothers and fathers in the house. WHO OUGHT TO NAME A CHILD ? .
Mother or father ? Abi both of them ?
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Mokason288(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mstheeeew... they don chop belle full

It’s Obvious that the woman is controlling the home and feeding her husband, because I don’t understand what will make my wife want to argue about an issue we ought to have settled before the baby was born

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by phorget(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Both parents has the freedom to call their baby any name they choose, naming shouldnt be an issue abi nah them go first born?

37 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by SlurUsername1: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
The woman should translate freedom to her native dialect so that they can call him Victor..... Native dialect name... Surname.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by kalu61(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
Africa culture place such responsility on the man first

152 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
The woman should translate freedom to her native dialect so that they can call him Victor..... Native dialect name... Surname.
Abi o...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2020
phorget:
Both parents has the freedom to call their baby any name they choose, naming shouldnt be an issue abi nah them go first born?
My anty is just messing things up...
She want to be the all in all in everthing..

11 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Goldp5988(f): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
They should be careful, this is something I believe parent do prayerfully, because names and the circumstances surrounding it can affect a child, just thinking loud.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by oluwatosink: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Names plays vital role in the lives of children. So the mother should name the child because only her knew what she went through before the delivery of the child. The husband can give a second name to the child.

Modified.

Mothers or Fathers can name their child, depending on each situations. Mother should be the one to name the child base on the connection and the bond she had with her child right from the womb . A good mother should give her child a godly/ good name but if the husband insists on naming the child then the wife should submit to her husband.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Gwagone: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Shebi na pastors dey run am

I.C.I.P grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by lekki1444: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
GOD
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Duru9(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
They can call him nurudeen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by IFSHR: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Wahala grin grin

But since both of them no wan do like husband and wife...shebi na freedom and Victor...to settle the matter make them name the innocent child VICDOM, but make them ready better explanation wey dem go give the boy when he grow up

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by STENON(f): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Victor - Freedom wink

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Moneywirer: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Something they should have agreed on even while they were still courting.

9 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Buhari

who bears freedom in Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by GOOOGLE504(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

My anty is just messing things up...
She want to be the all in all in everthing..
E be like say your anty wahala go plenty.

She should reason her idea with her husband and they can agree on the name or a neutral name or she should be a good wife and submit to her husband and her own name can be the second name.

14 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Duru9(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
They should give the baby both names
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Kapilta(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
SMH. How dem take marry self to start with. Bible talk say except two agree abi how it take talk am. There is nothing like right in marriage for f sake. Just two people who choose to walk as one.

Tommorrow now after all this, your brother in law go cum here cum tell us how marriage na scam and then your sister go become feminist dey tell us how men na scum.

2 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by SAMBARRY: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mom
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Adpobn1: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Parents
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by pickatyouu: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Both of them should name him now.

She fit dey call am freedom even if victor dey him certificate.

She can as well say he shld bear her father's last name as she get strength.
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Jaapu: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
The mother or the government.

Mumu people just dey plenty for this world!
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by iamDrRhymes(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
The father

7 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
cool. This shouldn't be an issue and wouldn't be an issue in my own case when that time comes.....

If my wife like,make she name all our children by herself,I don't and won't care one bit....

Na peace of mind I go reason pass for marriage,and not a trivia issue like this.... because so long peace dey,mama and papa go easily rub mind together in such a way wey go affect their children lives positively...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Lovelyn451(f): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
having same issue here..everybody should just be calling the baby by their own given name jare, its always like that with first child, even grand parents will want to contribute their own names. but with first child the role of a father cannot be dragged abeg...she should allow him

6 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
first name: mother
middle name: father

second child
first name: father
middle name: mother

they can take turns.

8 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by IMASTEX: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Their neighbors or Buhari should do the naming for them since they both can't agree on a very needless reasons to have issues. "Freedom" was your ant in captivity before that she is freeing from? "Victor" at least the man won her love by marrying her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by bborn0: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Na Great grandma. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Fvckhypocrite(f): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Fada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Steps In Getting Married / Nigerian Couple Celebrate Birth Of Their Triplets After 15 Years Of Waiting / Nairalander's Wedding Anniversary Is Today(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.