Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP (30077 Views)

My Journey So Far As A Keke Rider... / Land Rover Launches V8 Edition Defender To Celebrate 70th Anniversary / Land Rover Launches Land Rover Defender Works V8 To Celebrate 70th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by 9icetoo(m): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2022
Piyke:

Unfortunately, I didn't ask.
embarassed
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2022
liquidmetall:
please can you tell me more about this Infiniti g35
I love fast cars and I would love to own one though it's not rampant on Nigerian roads
And I believe when Nigerians don't use something it's because maybe the car has a stereotyped problem.

No one replied to this so I'm going to.

One of the first "requirement" on the checklist of an average Nigerian when buying a car is "Does it chop fuel?"
Reason why bland Toyota 4 cylinders are in every corner of this country. angry

The G35 is luxurious, fast, with a sport tuned suspension (like BMWs), and a reliable VQ engine if well maintained... It's a fvcking fuel guzzler though, hence we don't see a lot of them on Nigerian roads! They were made on the same platform as the Nissan 350z, so it's a Z with luxurious Infiniti badges, various body styles (Sedan and coupe), and built to compete with their German counterpart (BMW 3 series) which they did fairly well... Do get a 2007 model upwards!

I'm not sure about parts availability but it's a Nissan at the end of the day. undecided

Alternatives include Acura TL, Volvo S60 T6, BMW 3 series.

3 Likes

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by OfficialDJ: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
Dreamswayne:

No one replied to this so I'm going to.

One of the first "requirement" on the checklist of an average Nigerian when buying a car is "Does it chop fuel?"
Reason why bland Toyota 4 cylinders are in every corner of this country. angry

The G35 is luxurious, fast, with a sport tuned suspension (like BMWs), and a reliable VQ engine if well maintained... It's a fvcking fuel guzzler though, hence we don't see a lot of them on Nigerian roads! They were made on the same platform as the Nissan 350z, so it's a Z with luxurious Infiniti badges, various body styles (Sedan and coupe), and built to compete with their German counterpart (BMW 3 series) which they did fairly well... Do get a 2007 model upwards!

I'm not sure about parts availability but it's a Nissan at the end of the day. undecided

Alternatives include Acura TL, Volvo S60 T6, BMW 3 series.
Op, herein lies your answer.

3 Likes

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by CaptblackV12(m): 2:50am On Jul 11, 2023
No update for here again
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2023
CaptblackV12:
No update for here again

Lol, I dey drive my car na, which update again.
I don't drive it as much as my FX, though, since that one is much more of a "go anywhere" vehicle.

It'll soon be time for another oil change.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by CaptblackV12(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, I dey drive my car na, which update again.
I don't drive it as much as my FX, though, since that one is much more of a "go anywhere" vehicle.

It'll soon be time for another oil change.
Fx abi Ex?
Been a while on this side
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by olumzzz(m): 12:35am On Jul 12, 2023
CaptblackV12:

Fx abi Ex?
Been a while on this side
Person say him motor na Fx, you say na Ex.
Colos on colos noni

1 Like

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by CaptblackV12(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2023
olumzzz:

Person say him motor na Fx, you say na Ex.
Colos on colos noni
You just carry another man matter for head abi na you be mathias..
Heavenlybang used to own a EX35 hence the confusion
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by kingreign(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2023
CaptblackV12:

No, he never owned an EX35. He owned a G35x and currently own an FX35 2nd generation.

2 Likes

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by olumzzz(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2023
CaptblackV12:

You don goof again.
Him no get ex35 before
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by CaptblackV12(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
olumzzz:

You don goof again.
Him no get ex35 before
Now I see, kingreign has corrected me.... Haven't here for a long time now
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by CaptblackV12(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
kingreign:

No, he never owned an EX35. He owned a G35x and currently own an FX35 2nd generation.
Thanks boss
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by olumzzz(m): 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
CaptblackV12:

Now I see, kingreign has corrected me.... Haven't here for a long time now
No probs captain.
All good here.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 6:34am On Aug 09, 2023
Kewtt:

Fixed
undecided
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 7:29am On Aug 09, 2023
HeavenlyBang:
Auction was scheduled for Aug 24. Went successfully.

- Vessel was in Nigerian waters on October 4
- Vessel berthed on October 9
- Clearance began on October 10
- #ENDSARS protests began

grin grin grin

The way I take dey fear eh, especially that period wey hoodlums enter Tincan. Anyway, car wasn't touched. I don't think the thugs ever gained entry.

- Car left the port on October 30

Contacted Diportivo to help fly it down from Lagos. He was busy but finally agreed.
grin

It pays to be a man of the people.

- Car was with me by November 9

Ten weeks from purchase to my doorstep, of which it was marooned for over two weeks due to the protests.

All through the process, Deltel maintained uttermost professionalism. I dey do oversabi sometimes and like micro-managing, so that's no easy feat.

Bro, how's or did this guy(e550) treat you?
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2023
BALLOSKI:
Bro, how's or did this guy(e550) treat you?

So far so good.

2 Likes

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by oweniwe(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

So far so good.

The car no fit the environment.... Abi na the environment no fit the car. Na Dubai, Singapore, J'Bourg e go fit. Fine car fine environment

But wetin man go do? E be like rough environment is "NORMAL" in Nigeria
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

So far so good.
men, you de burst my brain.

I'm considering the following

1.dodge charger or challenger(2010 upward)
2.LS460(Lexus)
3. E550(because of how you take describe am)
4. IS250(2010-2015)
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
oweniwe:

The car no fit the environment.... Abi na the environment no fit the car. Na Dubai, Singapore, J'Bourg e go fit. Fine car fine environment

But wetin man go do? E be like rough environment is "NORMAL" in Nigeria
wetin spoil this environment? This is a filling station opposite a market or plaza. Red soil no be issue.

Na motor wey see banana island go still see sangotedo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by oweniwe(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
BALLOSKI:
wetin spoil this environment? This is a filling station opposite a market or plaza. Red soil no be issue.

Na motor wey see banana island go still see sangotedo.

You don't see anything wrong with the environment? Red soil in that place is normal? Haven't you been to filling stations with neatly swept/vacuumed floors abi their management get 3 heads?

This is what I mean by we see "rough environment as normal" in Nigeria.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by Balistic4: 9:16pm On Jan 06
HeavenlyBang:

So far so good.
Would you consider this as a daily driver? Any regrets so far? Any costly fix so far? Has there been parts availability? Are they that costly? I currently get about 16mpg from my es350 and I don't mind getting a v8 with similar mpg as you posted on page 1.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:00pm On Jan 08
Balistic4:

Would you consider this as a daily driver? Any regrets so far? Any costly fix so far? Has there been parts availability? Are they that costly? I currently get about 16mpg from my es350 and I don't mind getting a v8 with similar mpg as you posted on page 1.

Daily driver depends on the roads you ply. Good roads are fine, bad roads definitely not. You go fix suspension tire.

For the first 18 months I had this, it was my only car and my area didn't have the best roads. Had a lot of suspension issues, mostly control arms and stabilizer links.

I bought an FX after and started only driving this to places I was sure didn't have bad roads + our roads were all fixed. It's been over a year and I haven't had any suspension issues again.

Otherwise, it's mostly been regular maintenance. I've had to replace my alternator, starter motor, and the battery in the three years I've owned this, though. But that's standard for a car around the 100k mile. Parts are available, since it shares quite a lot of parts with the W204.

Good car. Still eye catching. Still commands respect, and is still an absolute blast to drive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08
BALLOSKI:
men, you de burst my brain.

I'm considering the following

1.dodge charger or challenger(2010 upward)
2.LS460(Lexus)
3. E550(because of how you take describe am)
4. IS250(2010-2015)

Considering your budget, I'd probably go with

- Infiniti G37
- Acura TL
- 2012+ C350
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by Balistic4: 1:55pm On Jan 08
HeavenlyBang:

Daily driver depends on the roads you ply. Good roads are fine, bad roads definitely not. You go fix suspension tire.

For the first 18 months I had this, it was my only car and my area didn't have the best roads. Had a lot of suspension issues, mostly control arms and stabilizer links.

I bought an FX after and started only driving this to places I was sure didn't have bad roads + our roads were all fixed. It's been over a year and I haven't had any suspension issues again.

Otherwise, it's mostly been regular maintenance. I've had to replace my alternator, starter motor, and the battery in the three years I've owned this, though. But that's standard for a car around the 100k mile. Parts are available, since it shares quite a lot of parts with the W204.

Good car. Still eye catching. Still commands respect, and is still an absolute blast to drive.

Thanks a lot for the I formative feedback. Nice rim you got there wink wink

1 Like

Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08
Balistic4:

Thanks a lot for the I formative feedback. Nice rim you got there wink wink

Thanks.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 11:39pm On Jan 08
HeavenlyBang:

Considering your budget, I'd probably go with

- Infiniti G37
- Acura TL
- 2012+ C350
Infiniti G37? Any reason why you have it on the list?
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:56pm On Jan 08
BALLOSKI:

Because it's a great fuckin car innit.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by kingreign(m): 7:50am On Jan 09
BALLOSKI:

Therss a brown colored 2012 G37 tokumbo for sale. That car could just be yours. Guess what?
It's selling cheaper than the competition.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 9:51am On Jan 09
kingreign:

Therss a brown colored 2012 G37 tokumbo for sale. That car could just be yours. Guess what?
It's selling cheaper than the competition.
How far? Send PM!
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by BALLOSKI: 9:54am On Jan 09
HeavenlyBang:

Because it's a great fuckin car innit.
I'm tryna to find that out from you, bro.

You'll also have to guide me on the proper maintenance and how to get parts.

I've been looking at it since you mentioned it.
Re: On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP by kingreign(m): 9:59am On Jan 09
BALLOSKI:
How far? Send PM!
I dey gallant bro.
DM me abeg 07034581213

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) / Bentley Reveals 207-mph 2020 Flying Spur,The World's Fastest Production Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.