Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) (31138 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi And Naomi Oluwaseyi Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by YauYamba: 3:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:
just another bloody liar
Thank you for confirming that you are unable to muster any sensible reply. grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Emeka71(m): 3:22am On Dec 09, 2020
illicit:
My king....
Like me.
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Etrusen(m): 3:24am On Dec 09, 2020
YauYamba:
Thank you for confirming that you are unable to muster any sensible reply. grin cheesy

replying you is a waste of time

continue elevating your 1900 stools

the mark of Benin kingdom has already been felt before your political birth

abeg tell your olosho ooni make he stop to dey look woman breast even the woman close to am dey shame.

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by YauYamba: 3:29am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:
[s]abeg tell your olosho ooni make he stop to dey look woman breast even the woman close to am dey shame.[/s]
He is African. He may be attracted to as many women as he pleases — in as much as the women are not blood sisters or his his own siblings. Hahah! I know you got the gist of the bolded. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

[s]replying you is a waste of time. continue elevating your 1900 stools. the mark of Benin kingdom has already been felt before your political birth[/s]
Thank you for confirming again — loudly this time around — that you are unable to muster any sensible reply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by michresakidjo(m): 3:46am On Dec 09, 2020
Benin-Ife supremacy is eternal.... Incoming Generations must separate fact from fiction.

But the issue of cow is still very new to me.. Cow cow cow only a coward does that as the name suggests.

I aspire to be well respected as both when I ascends the throne of my forbears. Ooni style of leadership, Oba's muteness to the world around him.

Ke ere oo!!!!
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by YauYamba: 3:50am On Dec 09, 2020
michresakidjo:
Benin-Ife supremacy is eternal.... Incoming Generations must separate fact from fiction.

But the issue of cow is still very new to me.. Cow cow cow only a coward does that as the name suggests.

I aspire to be well respected as both when I ascends the throne of my forbears. Ooni style of leadership, Oba's muteness to the world around him.

Ke ere oo!!!!
Haha! The bolded is new to you just as it is new to every human being.

You know why? Because no such thing exists anywhere.

That Bini boy merely types out whatever crosses his mid.

Ask him for evidence — he would disappear as always! cheesy

Or do you have evidence for his claim — just as I have been providing evidence for mine?

Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by michresakidjo(m): 4:13am On Dec 09, 2020
YauYamba:
Haha! The bolded is new to you just as it is new to everyone human being.

Or do you have evidence for his claim — just as I have been providing evidence?

Cheers!

Cow has never been a sacrificial animal in Yoruba tradition...... Cow cow cow the delicacy of cowards
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by YauYamba: 4:55am On Dec 09, 2020
michresakidjo:
Cow has never been a sacrificial animal in Yoruba tradition
Hmmm! Another angle to debunk that dullard in addition to his lack of evidence. cheesy

Cow cow cow the delicacy of cowards
Hahaha! Anyways, if by the bolded you refer to the tribe with the least wars; then the cowardice trophy becomes a contest amongst the non-Yoruba tribes of Nigeria.

Yoruba fought wars which lasted almost 100 years at a stretch from c.1789 — 1880 [Note that this is separate and different from the classical Oyo wars of expansion, etc.]

No other tribe in Nigeria comes even remotely close to that. Name me one.

It took the extraordinary intervention and the thorough persuasion of the Europeans for the war to lay down its burdens and the opposing sides to sheath their swords.

Yorubas chose their fights carefully, because once it begins, it gets extremely fatal and destructive; and the opposing sides find it very hesitant and disgraceful to stop.

Go read up on the Yoruba wars — Bro, it was extremely gruesome and destructive. Many cities, towns, and villages perished till date.

We probably learnt to calm down from that ugly history.

Cc: DenreleDave, ABULARdotCom, Balogunodua, babtoundey, gomojam, scholes0, LegendHero, macof, Ideadoctor, pazienza, Obalatule, Newton85, SaintBeehot, reallest

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by opribo(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2020
Who are these ones not afraid of COVID 19. Do they think they are bubu.
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2020
TAO11:
AreaDullard on the beat again. You are a fatuous, Janus-faced, pathological liar and mythomaniac. I repeat again, it’s 70 blue rats that they kill, not 7 black cows. Olofo-didan cheesy grin

————————
Having said that, you still haven’t answered my long time question to you.

Don’t you wish to inform the whole world where your ancestors originated from?

Where did the ancestors/kings of Benin people originate from?

(A) From the Sky via a long chain, according to Benin mythology account.

(B) From the last born son of God [and His wife], according to Omonoba Erediauwa.

(C) From Ife, according to the classical and “official” Bini account.

(D) From Egypt, according to Benin Chief Egharevba’s 1953 publication.

(E) From Sudan, still according to Chief Egharevba’s 1953 publication.

(F) From Europe, according to the Benin 1823 account.

(G) Or all of the above.

Feel free to call ask and a Benin friend, I’d be waiting. I hope not to wait an eternity. grin

Cc: isan
Lmao. Tao you can be mean some times.

1 Like

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Balogunodua(m): 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
YauYamba:
To be honest, I’m not sure what’s difficult to understand in the simple statement that:

Oba Eweka II wakes up every morning at dawn and proceeds to perform ritual supplications for (1st) the Ooni, (2nd) the Alaafin, (3rd) himself, and (4th) all other Yoruba kings.

Oba Eweka II confessed this piece of information to one of his European visitors, H. L. Ward-Price in the 1920s.

Do I really have to type that out in Edo language for you to understand ?? Really!?

No because, he must do a face-saving visit to other personalities as well in order to veil the actual purpose of his Ife visit. grin

This would make more sense with the video below.

Moreover, these Benin-to-Ife visits has remained one sided since anyone can remember.

It must always be the Benin kings visiting (aka paying homage to) Ife on their ascensions.

It never happens the other way round. That would be an abominable sacrilege. wink

Yes, and we know this from Omonoba Ewuare II’s homage-visit a few years ago.

This would also make more sense with the video below.

Well, some of the discussions appears to be that the Omonoba n’Edo is required to pay homage at Orun Oba Ado.

“Orun Oba Ado” is the name of an Ife site believed to have been a resting place of the decapitated heads of certain late Benin kings.

—————————

Check out the following Channels TV News report of the homage-visit of Omonoba Ewuare II:

Go to time-stamp 0:24 to 0:34, and you would find the following words which will answer your foregoing two questions:

...his first port of call is the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi — where he also paid homage to all Benin kings believed to have been buried there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhU2AmpvJk

I am not sure if Benin kings have to do some similar homage-paying activities during their visits to the Sultan for example. Or do they? Lol! grin

This simple fact thus clarifies the difference between the Benin kings’ visits to Ife and to other personalities in the country.

The other visits are apparently and merely for face-saving purposes, no homage is required in the other visits — or is it? cheesy

Peace! cheesy

Cc: DenreleDave, ABULARdotCom, Balogunodua, babtoundey, gomojam, scholes0, LegendHero, macof, Ideadoctor, pazienza, Obalatule, Newton85, SaintBeehot, reallest
Them go hear am... grin

Kudos cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Balogunodua(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:

replying you is a waste of time

continue elevating your 1900 stools

the mark of Benin kingdom has already been felt before your political birth

abeg tell your olosho ooni make he stop to dey look woman breast even the woman close to am dey shame.

TAO11 Don do dis one strongthing.. grin

1 Like

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Balogunodua(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
valirex:

Shut up and tell that priest to pay homage.
Oni is not a king but a priest and Alafin is his king and the Ọba of Benin is their emperor.
So Mr man FEM cheesy
Another Edo miscreant on the lose.... grin

2 Likes

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by valirex: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Balogunodua:

Another Edo miscreant on the lose.... grin

My friend keep quiet cheesy

Upon your priest (Ooni) dey front page na only 4 pages e gather grin
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by valirex: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

Do not mind these idiots. Those pictures there, I had people in the entourages of Oba Erediauwa and Ewuare II. Oba Erediauwa came to ancestral family home during his thank you visit across Nigeria in 1981. He visited us before going outside Bendel state of that time. The visit went all the way to Sokoto and Brass. Across Nigeria.

Oba Ewuare II did same. What they forget is that as at Oba Akenzua visit, Bendel was still part of Western Region. So Oba as member of Western House in Ibadan was often in the area. Only normal that he visited monarchs in the wider area.

You know better anyway.
They want to attach to Benin for ego massage. Do you see them having sleepless night over Emir of Zazau, Tor Tiv or any other monarch?

Don't join issues with the yabaleft cross dresser. She rolls in the mud. Don't let her drag you to her dirty level. grin cheesy

Samuk
Valirex
Etimosa123456
Gregyboy
Ghostwon

Without Benin they know they are nothing, see how their Ooni only gathered 4 pages on Nairaland upon it was placed on the front page.
Benin threads when no even reach front page still has over 15 pages, abeg Benin too much grin

1 Like

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by valirex: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
YauYamba:
Haha! The bolded is new to you just as it is new to every human being.

Or do you have evidence for his claim — just as I have been providing evidence for mine?

Cheers!

If you provide evidence will heaven fall undecided

Don't ask for evidence if you have none, the highest you have been able to do is to write an epistle a pointless one at that

1 Like

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
valirex:
Shut up and tell that priest to pay homage.
Oni is not a king but a priest and Alafin is his king and the Ọba of Benin is their emperor.
So Mr man FEM cheesy
Say no more! Let the pictures speak. grin

A picture speaks a million words! cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
valirex:
[s]If you provide evidence will heaven fall undecided

Don't ask for evidence if you have none, the highest you have been able to do is to write an epistle a pointless one at that[/s]
Dullard! grin

That which can be asserted without evidence, can as well be dismissed without evidence."

~ Hitchens’s Razor.

In order words, it is you who made a claim. So, it is you who must bear the proof burden of your own claim.
————————

Like you, I could talk about how the Oba of Benin was stripped n@ked and flogged 70 hot lashes of dried whip as part of his culminating ascension rites when he visited the Oranmiyan grove in April 2018..

And when asked to prove my claim, I’d simply pull a valirex and say — prove me wrong. grin

Now, you must have realized the dumbness of your actual falsehood. cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by valirex: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
[s]
TAO11:
Dullard! grin

That which can be asserted without evidence, can as well be dismissed without evidence."

~ Hitchens’s Razor.

In order words, it is you who made a claim. So, it is you who must bear the proof burden of your own claim.
————————

Like you, I could talk about how the Oba of Benin was stripped n@ked and flogged 70 hot lashes of dried whip as part of his culminating ascension rites when he visited the Oranmiyan grove in April 2018..

And when asked to prove my claim, I’d simply pull a valirex and say — prove me wrong. grin

Now, you must have realized the dumbness of your actual falsehood. cheesy
[/s]

Actually I realised how dumb you're, with no evidence to prove our assertion wrong, you have to run to pull a quote from your colonial master in order to shade your stupidity, but it can't cover it, you were born dumb and will probably die dumb cheesy

By the way Ooni is a mere priest if you can't take it hug a transformer grin
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
valirex:
[s]Actually I realised how dumb you're, with no evidence to prove our assertion wrong, you have to run to pull a quote from your colonial master in order to shade your stupidity, but it can't cover it, you were born dumb and will probably die dumb cheesy

By the way Ooni is a mere priest if you can't take it hug a transformer grin[/s]
This everlasting dullard again ??
—————————
Anyways, let me pull a valirex on you: grin

Why was your Oba of Benin stripped naked and flogged 70 strokes as part of his culminating ascension rites at the Oranmiyan grove in Ife in April 2018?

I know the regular excuse you Binis always give to this question is that he was stripped naked because it was a hot summer day in Ife that year. Yen yen yen — cheap excuses!

Okay even if I accept that excuse at them moment for the sake of argument; why then was he flogged? — 70 hot strokes for that matter.

C’mon! You all should come up with another excuse. This one of hot summer day is not flying. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 10, 2020
YauYamba:
To be honest, I’m not sure what’s difficult to understand in the simple statement that:

Oba Eweka II wakes up every morning at dawn and proceeds to perform ritual supplications for (1st) the Ooni, (2nd) the Alaafin, (3rd) himself, and (4th) all other Yoruba kings.

Oba Eweka II confessed this piece of information to one of his European visitors, H. L. Ward-Price in the 1920s.

provide proof.
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 10, 2020
YauYamba:

Do I really have to type that out in Edo language for you to understand ?? Really!?

No because, he must do a face-saving visit to other personalities as well in order to veil the actual purpose of his Ife visit. grin

This would make more sense with the video below.

Moreover, these Benin-to-Ife visits has remained one sided since anyone can remember.

It must always be the Benin kings visiting (aka paying homage to) Ife on their ascensions.

1) Show proof of Oba Eweka II visiting the ooni of ife upon ascension or Oba Ovonramwen visiting the ooni of ife upon ascension.
2) Oba Akenzua (the first Oba of Benin known to have visited the ooni of ife) did so when the ooni of ife was the prime minister of the western region (of which future Midwestern region was a part), therefor politically relevant. It is the same as what happens when the Oba of Benin visits the president of Nigeria or the governor of Edo state.
3) Show proof of visiting the ooni of ife being a duty for the Oba of Benin.
4) The ooni of ife was at the coronation ceremony of the Oba of Benin, whereas the Oba of Benin was not at the coronation ceremony of the ooni of ife ! Because the coronation of the ooni of ife is just not important enough for the Oba of Benin to show up for it.
5) Oba Erediawa visited ooni adesoji aderemi, whom he saw as a friend to his father (Oba Akenzua) and whom he first met when he was a kid. Notice that Oba Erediawa didn't visit the next ooni of ife, nor did Oba Erediawa go to the coronation of the next ooni of ife.
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 10, 2020
YauYamba:

Well, some of the discussions appears to be that the Omonoba n’Edo is required to pay homage at Orun Oba Ado.

“Orun Oba Ado” is the name of an Ife site believed to have been a resting place of the decapitated heads of certain late Benin kings.

—————————

Check out the following Channels TV News report of the homage-visit of Omonoba Ewuare II:

Go to time-stamp 0:24 to 0:34, and you would find the following words which will answer your foregoing two questions:

...his first port of call is the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi — where he also paid homage to all Benin kings believed to have been buried there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhU2AmpvJk

I am not sure if Benin kings have to do some similar homage-paying activities during their visits to the Sultan for example. Or do they? Lol! grin

This simple fact thus clarifies the difference between the Benin kings’ visits to Ife and to other personalities in the country.

The other visits are apparently and merely for face-saving purposes, no homage is required in the other visits — or is it? cheesy

Peace! cheesy

The video from channels shows no proof of the Oba of Benin paying any hommage to any "orun oba ado", rather you have a journalist claiming it without proof. No photo, no video, nothing but a claim. The claim which was supported by the yoruba was debunked by Benin palace chiefs whom were part of the visit to ife.
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by valirex: 4:52am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
TAO11:
This everlasting dullard again ??
—————————
Anyways, let me pull a valirex on you: grin

Why was your Oba of Benin stripped naked and flogged 70 strokes as part of his culminating ascension rites at the Oranmiyan grove in Ife in April 2018?

I know the regular excuse you Binis always give to this question is that he was stripped naked because it was a hot summer day in Ife that year. Yen yen yen — cheap excuses!

Okay even if I accept that excuse at them moment for the sake of argument; why then was he flogged? — 70 hot strokes for that matter.

C’mon! You all should come up with another excuse. This one of hot summer day is not flying. grin
[/s]

Dumbo why was the Ooni of Ife ass raped by the sultan of sokoto in 2016 and the entire Yoruba people couldn't do shit?
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 7:08am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:
Dumbo why was the Oba of Benin ass raped by the sultan of sokoto in 2016 and the entire Edo people couldn't do shit?
I don’t know why. Benin chiefs should know better! cheesy grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 7:11am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:
provide proof.
Lol. This bald dullard again with another failed attempt to hide his identity. Haha grin

How many of your Nairaland accounts must I cause you to delete in shame after receiving humiliation ? cheesy

Anyways, H. L. Ward Price who was a colonial civil servant and visitor to Oba Eweka II writes (on the basis of information supplied to him by the king) and I quote here:

Following the Oba, I went through a heavy Iroko door, which opened into a long, narrow, corridor-like room, with a tall window at the other end. He showed me a brass crucifix which was attached to a cord around his neck, and waited and waited for the first rays of the day to illumine the window, when he pressed the crucifix to his forehead, and prayed for the Oni of Ife, the Alafin of Oyo and the Oba of Benin (that is himself); after which he prayed for all the other Yoruba kings. This had for long been the custom, he said, whether the Oba was a Christian or not.

Reference: H. L. Ward-Price, Dark Subjects (London 1939) p. 238.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 7:14am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:
(1) Show proof of Oba Eweka II visiting the ooni of ife upon ascension or Oba Ovonramwen visiting the ooni of ife upon ascension.
Your first logical fallacyArgumentum ad ignorantiam. Hopefully you know what that means. cheesy

Moreover, my comment was specifically w.r.t. to the Benin kings who reigned at a time when the science/art of photography and videography was already relatively widespread all around Nigeria — that is, Akenzua II, Erediauwa I, and Ewuare II.

And this therefore leads to your second logical fallacy, viz. the straw man fallacy — Again, hopefully you know what that means. grin

(2) Oba Akenzua (the first Oba of Benin known to have visited the ooni of ife) did so when the ooni of ife was the prime minister of the western region (of which future Midwestern region was a part), therefor politically relevant.
Well, you just shot yourself in the skull again as usual. cheesy

Oba Adesoji Aderemi was not yet the Prime Minister Governor of Western Region until in the 1960s.

Your Oba Akenzua II, on the other hand, ascended the Benin throne and visited Ife in the 1930s.

So, riddle me how Oba Akenzua II time-travelled into the future to have visited a 1960s Governor Adesoji Aderemi. grin

Notice how lies have its way of disgracing whoever utters it! cheesy

3) Show proof of visiting the ooni of ife being a duty for the Oba of Benin.
Considering the images & video I had embedded earlier on this thread; the evident and unreciprocated consistency of visits to Ife by newly-installed Benin kings in the last three reigns (at least) does in fact sufficiently establish the case for such visits being a dutiful one.

This consistency of the post-ascension visits to IFE by the Benin kings is not only unreciprocated by Ife, it is also unreplicated by any “other” non-Yoruba monarchy. grin

4) The ooni of ife was at the coronation ceremony of the Oba of Benin, whereas the Oba of Benin was not at the coronation ceremony of the ooni of ife ! Because the coronation of the ooni of ife is just not important enough for the Oba of Benin to show up for it.
Well, the only reason I can think of why Oba Ewuare II was not present at the Ooni of Ife’s coronation is the date difference. Lol!

In other words, the Ooni of Ife’s coronation was in 2015, while Oba Ewuare II didn’t become king until the year 2016. grin

Moreover, time-traveling was not yet a thing as at the year 2016 — and even up till now. grin

Oh! Lest I forget, his father and predecessor who may have attended would prove, via his death barely six months down the line, to have been a terribly sick dying old man.

(5) Oba Erediawa visited ooni adesoji aderemi, whom he saw as a friend to his father (Oba Akenzua) and whom he first met when he was a kid.
You mean as a boss to his father, considering his subservience to the Ooni in the then Western Region?

Notice that Oba Erediawa didn't visit the next ooni of ife, nor did Oba Erediawa go to the coronation of the next ooni of ife.
Yes, and that is the precise point I’ve been making all along. smiley

In other words, the visits of Benin kings to Ife is not some mere courtesy visit as you love to pretend.

Rather, it is a customary-cum-traditional visit made to Ife on the ascension of a new Benin King — not on the ascension of a new Ife king. cheesy

And guess what! Erediauwa I had already fulfilled his dutiful visit to Ife shortly after his (Erediauwa I) ascension.

Cheers!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by TAO11(f): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:
The video from channels shows no proof of the Oba of Benin paying any hommage to any "orun oba ado", rather you have a journalist claiming it without proof. No photo, no video, nothing but a claim
Wonderful! grin cheesy

Anyways, the report is not a mere claim by a random person as you would love to trick your mind into believing.

Rather, it is a professional news report from an independent and unaffiliated news agency of international repute who was present live during Ewuare II’s visit. Stop tripping! cheesy

Moreover, if photos and videos (as opposed to written or oral professional statements and reports too) are the only be all and end all of evidence and proof, then do the following for me:

(1) Provide me “proof” that the so-called Adolo (Ovoranmwen’s father) ever ruled Benin kingdom. cheesy

(2) Provide me “proof” that Benin kingdom ever fought one battle in the pre-1800s. cheesy

(3) Provide me “proof” that Ovoranmwen lived the rest of his life in Calabar. cheesy

The claim which was supported by the yoruba was debunked by Benin palace chiefs whom were part of the visit to ife.
Provide me “proof” that any Benin palace chief did establish contrary “evidence”. grin

Remember to be consistent all through with your warped definition of proof, evidence, etc.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Ideadoctor(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

The video from channels shows no proof of the Oba of Benin paying any hommage to any "orun oba ado", rather you have a journalist claiming it without proof. No photo, no video, nothing but a claim. The claim which was supported by the yoruba was debunked by Benin palace chiefs whom were part of the visit to ife.
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Ideadoctor(m): 7:31am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster why you dey do like this na? you see correct evidence for ground and you still dey deny
Re: 5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by Ideadoctor(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2020
michresakidjo:

Cow has never been a sacrificial animal in Yoruba tradition...... Cow cow cow the delicacy of cowards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Urhobo Names (For My Baby) / Nigerians In China Celebrate African Cultural Day With Colourful Events(photos) / Igbos come show your proverbs skills - (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.