Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group (281 Views)

How To Delete A Facebook Account Permanently And Easily? / How Is Your Experience With The New "Google GO" App? / The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group by Sebastine1994(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2020
see for the first time in my life, I want to start a Facebook group, for my community, it doesn't have a Facebook group, I know how to create a group but I don't know how to make it lively and bring people in, I don't have many friends from the community. I am just guessing that I may be able to,

any advice for me? I would appreciate your experience
Re: What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2020
Just promise them freebies. like in what you are into. Maybe a free online lecture or give away. Theyll flood your group like river.

I have a group of over 2k members if you're interested. It's up for sale.
Re: What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group by CandyOps(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
Well it depends on your goals for setting up the group. Do you plan to monetize it or just to grow your following on socials?

Facebook groups are cool but really stressful to moderate(when it has above 5k members) and monetize especially if you don't use any other marketing funnel like email marketing.

I have a group on FB with over 20k active members in the women's health niche. Sub-niche Fertility. But then it depends on your goal.

I was able to grow mine so fast because we did it using paid adverts on FB. Which we turned off after we hit 2k members in less than 48 hours.

...once again it depends on your goal
Re: What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group by Sebastine1994(m): 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
I think I would first build an online community, the online will give me a foundation for the offline, that is what I want to do, create a community that solves local problems, brew new ideas,

when I approach someone, I would first plead with him or her then I can make my major request,
Re: What Was Your Experience Starting A Facebook Group by Sebastine1994(m): 6:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Now I believe that saying that everything you ever want is on the other side of fear. I want all the good things of life but unable to sacrifice to achieve it because I am afraid.

The funny thing is that I don't even know why I am afraid, I load the brain with more information, yet my leg won't carry me, my tongue as heavy as lead, my brain in disconnected tangle. This happens before I take action, I think it is because of the overall importance which I give the project. I know what that success or failure of the projects could mean for me.

Will I ever be ready to work on some of those my good ideas practically, I can't find people to confide in, I need a person like myself who can work with me and spur me on to work on the idea, but I don't think anyone is coming anytime soon. I am alone, the ideas seem wonderful in theory, I want to bring it to life, I want to solve problem and get rewarded for it.

Fear will just squeeze out everything you know from you, I am predicting thousands of things that can go wrong in approaching strangers, I need to be a man. I have come of age and have to fend for myself and family.

The theory of an idea sounds marvelous, only the practical aspects brings in the dollars and respect,
I think now is not even the time to excape into books and other activities as a distraction from the execution of the projects.

When you know your onions, you know what to ask for,it reduces the fear, I think that is why I guzzle up more information, I need to start working on some ideas, ideas bring in money,I want to take this girl called Florence for a wife, but for now I am a nobody, at least work on your financial situation.

I bring up another distraction soonest about learning Chinese or watching movies or browsing, evading the real task. then nairaland becomes a distraction as it gives me

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 7 Needed ASAP / Umidigi A7 Pro For Sale / Iphone 7 128gb Black (US Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.