Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,699 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? (24783 Views)

IF SCHOOL DOES NOT WORK OUT...WHAT'S YOUR BACKUP PLAN? / I Want To Sue My Poly If School Fails To Open This September / BREAKING: UNIOSUN To Get In Trouble If School Resume Lectures On Monday - ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Holufed(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
To be candid, legions of students are fed up concerning how FG and ASUU are playing with the students future.
Some students have even engaging in making money or business whether illegal one or legal because of what our Government are doing.
I was bargaining with my school mate last week and somehow our bargaining bothered on an issue about Strike. He said:

15 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Redoil: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nigeria problems defy all forms of logic known to human.

even artisans and business men are complaining

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Ajax99(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
What's school Supposed 2 work out exactly?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by donbachi(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
Just go to any busy junction and be selling cooked noddles..dis govt no get plan for eduction.

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Freestainworld(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
My backup plan is to go into politics, believe me it pays ask Akpabio, Maina, Buhari and co.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by NwadykExcel(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Yo bro,i'll never neglect my education.
I will still get up to a Masters in Mech.E.
And a B.sc in Economics and maybe in Applied Mathematics as well.Though i'm still in 100lvl doing Mech.E.
My main plan and back-up plan all involves me getting an education so if you like be there and be doing "vocational skill" .we'll see how far that really gets you.
Anyone can learn a vocational skill and still be very educated.
People looking towards skill auquisition as a substitute for True Education are shortsighted.

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by kumulus(m): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
While acquiring a skill, you'd be getting educated. At the end of the day, depending on how fast things works out...you could be at the receiving end young man. Haven't you for a moment thought about the implications of fully developed AI technology??! It's far reaching effects!!

I foresee a future where man wouldn't have to work as we've known, robots and computers are taking over everything since machine learning came to fore. From design to development, AIs are perfecting the schemes. What numbers do you have that machines wouldn't finesse in split seconds??

Don't be the shortsighted one, knowledge can be very useless if it can't translate into skill. What good is a husband who knows how to kill a rat in the bedroom but can't kill one at that ungodly hour when it mattered??

I've met a professor of Mechanical Engineering from UI during my IT experience at a workshop in Ibadan who said although he knew all about the car he drove, he can't perform a simple general servicing of the said automobile.

Don't wait to see how far ahead they get!

-Lloyd

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by tommy589(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
NwadykExcel:
And a B.sc in Economics and maybe in Applied Mathematics as well.Though i'm still in 100lvl doing Mech.E.
My main plan and back-up plan all involves me getting an education so if you like be there and be doing "vocational skill" .we'll see how far that really gets you.
People looking towards skill auquisition as a substitute for True Education are shortsighted.

You must be a brilliant chap. And with this mind set you are going to be successful in life.
Nothing compares with a sound education though I have a limited one. But asking an undergraduate or a graduate to have vocational skill as backup plan is not it for me

Stick with skill acquisition,If you don't have what it takes to attend tertiary institutions in acquiring correct white man's education.

Don't waste money and time going at all.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by easyboycom(m): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
Bbn comes 2021

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Tundeamoo: 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2020
gee �
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
cry my backup have been poultry farming but I have been facing challenges from chickens getting sick where some will end up dead to people buying on credit and not paying not to talk of expensive feeds. just hoping on God

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by mosunmola63765: 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
Just go to any busy junction and be selling cooked noddles..dis govt no get plan for eduction.

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Holufed:
To be candid, legions of students are fed up concerning how
FG and ASUU are playing with the students future.

Some students have even engaging in making money or
business whether illegal one or legal because of what our
Government are doing.

I was bargaining with my school mate last week and
somehow our bargaining bothered on an issue about Strike.
He said:
Business but you need funds you know?! So, I'll work, save up, set up business then businesses while I still work till the business/businesses become really stable and have expanded then most likely quit the job especially if it doesn't pay well.
In the meantime, I'm acquiring lot of skills that can turn into businesses. I've acquired about 3-4 and have taken 2-3 online courses, I'll add another soon. But be aware that this is Nigeria and anything can happen but as the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day'.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Alexaonfleek: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
grin na to go do stripper work I can't come and kill myself grin

40 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Chevrolet076(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
NwadykExcel:

we all had this mentality during our early undergrad days.... Don't worry, Nigeria will make you wise up. and pray you keep getting all the support ( financial, emotional etc) you're currently getting.

238 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chevrolet076:

we all had this mentality during our early undergrad days.... Don't worry, Nigeria will make you wise up. and pray you keep getting all the support ( financial, emotional etc) you're currently getting.

I wanted to reply him but I thought to hold my peace.

Until you wrote him. We’ve all been there. Sheybi he’s in 100 lvl? I pray the system doesn’t break him and his spirit.

210 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by german01(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
football

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by OGWILLS123: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
NwadykExcel:
Go and say that to Wizkid undecided
he is better than all the graduate in Nigeria combine
together.

Who skul epp , abeg shift joor angry

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by OGWILLS123: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
unity004:
cry my backup have been poultry farming but I have been facing challenges from chickens getting sick where some will end up dead to people buying on credit and not paying not to talk of expensive feeds. just hoping on God
Why not buy Palm oil when it is cheaper
and sell when the price rises up.
around May this year I can't still remember my mother
telling me to buy Palm oil and store, that the price is cheaper now I think it was around 8K for 25 litres then.
Now the current price is 14K minimum to 16K

I will have love to start the biz next year but nah cash be the problem sad

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by ashawoKGB: 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
grin
na to go do stripper work I can't come and kill myself grin
Another man masquerading under this moniker .This is what Nairaland male ass licking females have caused.

Yahoo doesn't pay bro

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Emax911: 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
c
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Muhylonaire007: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
grin
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Etinosa1234: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
I'm Learning programming.. if e fvck up, I go reduce my age go play ball.. if e nor work, I learn work... If e nor work, I turn to pîmp... If e nor work, I do Yahoo,.. if e nor work, turn pastorprenuer...

If none of this work, I dey go my village for Orhionwmwon to do meeting with my village people... Dem must tell me who I offend

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by revived: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
On God

Face My Fx And Crypto trading fully

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by ashawoKGB: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
OGWILLS123:

Go and say that to Wizkid undecided
he is better than all the graduate in Nigeria combine
together.

Who skul epp , abeg shift joor angry

Don't display your foolishness in public ;It doesn't pay

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Emax911: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
learning welding and door/gates fabrication, waiting for ASUU presently, hoping to build on that skill if school way crashes, which I pray not

9 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by jawalis(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dry cleaning

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by melodyogonna(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
Holufed:
To be candid, legions of students are fed up concerning how
FG and ASUU are playing with the students future.

Some students have even engaging in making money or
business whether illegal one or legal because of what our
Government are doing.

I was bargaining with my school mate last week and
somehow our bargaining bothered on an issue about Strike.
He said:
*Arguing

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by EXLOVER(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
I will do Yahoo yahoo bomb every site bombable

Alexaonfleek:
grin
na to go do stripper work I can't come and kill myself grin

I love you already babe, if i pick i promise $200 just to twerk for me.

11 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by DontBullshitMe: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Funny thread.

God go help Una.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by streetsoldier1(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
donbachi:

is that why you can't spell "education"?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by visijo(m): 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
Girls That Date Only One Guy....Are You Wiser Than Government That Recommended Both WAEC/NECO��

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LASU SUG Blocks School Over Student Mass Failure Today (Photos) / Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates / A Nairalander Bagged First Class And Best Student Award In Oau Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.