Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? (25871 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
For some weeks, whenever I recharge my phone I get this notification of some "points" that MTN have given me.

I currently have 650 of these points but I have no idea how they're calculated or what they're meant for. I've searched Google but no result.

So, does anyone know how I can consume/convert these points.

Also, are there any 'side-effects' of consuming these points. (Because I don't trust these service providers especially the oyinbo among them).

2 Likes

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by LawLab247: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
Want to know as well

1 Like

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by KrazyDave16(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2020
First time I saw it, I thought it was for tiktok and their crappy music+ platform.
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by IamPlato(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
I think it can be used for data only...

I once used it to buy data...

With that your 600 points you can buy MTN N500 1G for 500points

By the way, check out the trailer of my coming short film titled the exorcism of Ayodele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6f5j9lOSQ4
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2020
IamPlato:

How, please? And I hope there aren't strings attached because... MTN!!!
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by IamPlato(m): 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

How, please? And I hope there aren't strings attached because... MTN!!!
Just do the normal MTN data dial *131# then select the plan you want to buy, pick the one week N500 plan and they will ask you if you want to pay with points or airtime

5 Likes

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
Op, just dial 180, it's free of charge.

They will give you the details.
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by Uzomacharles: 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
The more you buy data with airtime or from bank,the more your points increase ...
Mostly for MTN Pulse Users like me...

You can use the points to buy airtime after purchasing the amount of data,you will be asked if you want to be deducted from your airtime or your points...

That's it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by NiklauseFred(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Uzomacharles:
The more you buy data with airtime or from bank,the more your points increase ...
Mostly for MTN Pulse Users like me...

You can use the points to buy airtime after purchasing the amount of data,you will be asked if you want to be deducted from your airtime or your points...

That's it

Bro how do you see the mtn pulse thingy,is it better than 'beta talk' in terms of data and free offers?
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
does the point expire ?
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by Strika22(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
For some weeks, whenever I recharge my phone I get this notification of some "points" that MTN have given me.

I currently have 650 of these points but I have no idea how they're calculated or what they're meant for. I've searched Google but no result.

So, does anyone know how I can consume/convert these points.

Also, are there any 'side-effects' of consuming these points. (Because I don't trust these service providers especially the oyinbo among them).
Dial *406*7# to redeem your points. You can use it to subscribe for any data plans or night plans.

2 Likes

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by paltielx: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
does the point expire ?
yes by the end of this year, check yours by *406*7#
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by aarin29642: 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2020
does the point expire ?
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by Orjioorji(f): 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamPlato:
Just do the normal MTN data dial *131# then select the plan you want to buy, pick the one week N500 plan and they will ask you if you want to pay with points or airtime
thank you
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamPlato:

Thanks for the answer.
Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by Incognito403: 6:38am On Dec 18, 2020
IamPlato:

Hello sir.

Please how can I estimate the value of this point in naira. Such that if I have 20points I can say this 20points is worth so-and-so amount of naira.

TIA.

1 Like

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by IamPlato(m): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Incognito403:

Hello sir.

Please how can I estimate the value of this point in naira. Such that if I have 20points I can say this 20points is worth so-and-so amount of naira.

TIA.
20 points is like 20 naira airtime on your phone, if you have 50 points you can buy the MTN 40 mb Daily

2 Likes

Re: What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? by Incognito403: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2020
IamPlato:
20 points is like 20 naira airtime on your phone, if you have 50 points you can buy the MTN 40 mb Daily

Thanks so much.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phone Being Charged For Long & Left Unattended Explodes, Captured On CCTV / iPhone 6 (Pictures) / How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.