Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now (459 Views)

MIUI 12 Is Amaaazing... See What It Looks Like On My MI Note 10 / Oneplus 8 Gets Certified By India’s BIS As Launch Nears / Oneplus 8 Pro Goes Through Geekbench As Oneplus 8 Gets Certified In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by paymentvoucher: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
Xiaomi has officially announced the latest stable MIUI 12 ROM for owners of the China variant of the Redmi Note 8. The software update is available either over-the-air (OTA) or as a download. Users of the Global version of the Redmi Note 8 can expect the Android 10-based update to land on their devices soon.

An announcement at the Mi Community forum has revealed that MIUI 12 ROM V12.0.3.0.QCOCNXM is now available in a stable form, after being previously released as a beta update. This particular MIUI 12 update is for the China model of the Redmi Note 8, although it is expected owners of the Global model will receive the relevant update soon.

According to the changelog, this MIUI 12 ROM optimizes the control center with a landscape mode layout, fixes a bug that caused random noises when the Redmi Note 8’s display was switched off, and naturally there is a security patch for November 2020. Redmi Note 8 owners with the China model can wait to receive the software via OTA or download it from the official forum (update 2.5 GB; fastboot 3.4 GB).

Obviously, owners of other regional variants of the Redmi Note 8 should think twice about downloading the China ROM as it could cause operating problems. However, it appears there won’t be too long of a wait before the Global ROM is made available, with a forum super moderator stating “Yes, that will come” when someone posted about whether the global software was coming soon.

Source:
https://c.mi.com/thread-3489125-1-1.html
Re: Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by kennyflames(m): 7:37am On Dec 14, 2020
can someone use vpn, Change location to china and download the update?
Re: Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by jboixxx: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2020
kennyflames:
can someone use vpn, Change location to china and download the update?
If your ROM isn't Chinese ROM, don't try it o, else, na brick land you dé send your phone to.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by kennyflames(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2020
jboixxx:
If your ROM isn't Chinese ROM, don't try it o, else, na brick land you dé send your phone to.

grin was just asking

ok what if your using chinese rom
and the update was made available only for a particular country

can changing device Timezones and location make you download the update?

Re: Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by jboixxx: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2020
kennyflames:

grin was just asking

ok what if your using chinese rom
and the update was made available only for a particular country

can changing device Timezones and location make you download the update?
If you're using Chinese ROM, you can't change region. Just wait it out or download manually. I was prompted for the OTA but I downloaded it manually and install. Check XDA developers for the Recovery ROM link.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by Chiluv333: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
I using China version of redmi note 8 and I am currently on MIUI V12.0.3.0
Re: Redmi Note 8 Gets A New Stable MIUI 12 ROM In China ONLY for now by Jeffy1206(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
I updated for note 8 pro 2 days ago

(1) (Reply)

Mediatek Become Smartphone Biggest Chipset Vendor In Q3 2020 / Blackberry Z30 And Z3 For Sale For Scraps / Lenovo Z5s(restocked)(sold)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.