Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

How To Prepare Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Stew (1987 Views)

Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat / How To Prepare Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Stew by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
Help me out!!! Pleaseeeeee
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Odunnu: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2011
How much will you pay?
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Pweety4me(f): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
Water & tomato grin tongue
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 26, 2011
^wat happen to water nd tomato? Pay after service@odunu
Re: How To Prepare Stew by vincent10(m): 3:33am On Mar 27, 2011
Palm oil  and pepper
Re: How To Prepare Stew by MissyB3(f): 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
Ingredients
Grounded/Blended Onions
Grounded/Blended Tomatoes with tatashi(Boil the mixture till it is dry. Be careful dont get it burnt)
Tin Tomatoes
Curry Leaves
Thyme
Groundnut Oil/Olive Oil/Palm Oil
Meat/Fish

Boil the meat/fish with a cube of maggi, a pinch of salt, grounded pepper and a little chopped onions.

After boiling the meat/fish, fry.

Get a dry pot and pour in my desired amount of groundnut oil and let it heat(heating is necessary to remove the    smell  from some oils that have scent and also to get it ready for frying)

When the oil is hot, add the onions, curry leaves and thyme to fry first (Do this so that their flavour can 'mix' with the oil)

When the onions becomes light brown, add the precook tomatoes and tin tomatoes to the frying mixture and stir for some minutes or until the oil discolorates to red.

Then add the meat, water and other ingredients(like maggi, salt, pepper, chicken flavour etc)

Taste the mixture, if its ok with you, allow it to boil for some time. Evaporating some of the water so that your stew  wont be watery. Bring it down when you are ok with the thickness/water content.

After the edit, this should help for starters. Should you need more recipes, check the NL kitchen.
Re: How To Prepare Stew by ayomifull(f): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Local Names For This Vegetables / Pounded Yam / How To Prepare Ewedu Soup and Amala!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.