Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) (15294 Views)

Atiku, MI Abaga, Patoranking, Others React To Davido’s ‘A Better Time’ Album / Davido's Son, Ifeanyi Adeleke On His 'A Better Time' Album Cover (Photo) / 'A Good Time': Davido's Album Hits 1 Billion Streams As Obama DMW Tackles Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by IamHeWrites: 6:07am On Dec 14, 2020
David Adedeji Adeleke, better known as Davido, has disclosed that his third studio album had surpassed 213.2 million streams across all platforms in a month, Igbere TV reports.

This disclosure was made public by the Nigerian songwriter in a post on his official Instagram account this evening.

He wrote; “Forever grateful!! More to come ! ❤️ .. A BETTER TIME ! #LLTJ �”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIv-84mB5rn/?igshid=1l0dcfthnx0ry

Davido disclosed that the album which was released on the 13th of November 2020, had attracted over 213.2 million streams, exactly a month after the project was released.

The album titled, A better Time (ABT), pulls together a blend of sounds from all corners of Africa, and across the waters in the USA. However, the diversity of the project led to its global acceptance by Hip-hop fans and lovers of good music across the world.

The breakdown of the streams revealed that 44.8% of the 213.2 million streams across all platforms came from Audio mack.

According to the post he shared, the album had received;

54.7 million streams on apple music,
11.5 million streams on Spotify,
15.7 million streams on Boomplay,
95.5 million on Audio mack and
35.8 million streams on Youtube music.

https://igberetvnews.com/1375284/davidos-better-time-album-hits-213-2-million-streams-month/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by LawLab247: 6:07am On Dec 14, 2020
Wow! That's a no mean feat. Congratulations to OBO and the gang. Contact us for CAC Company registration, Business Name registration, NGO/Foundation/Club/Union/Church registration, Trademark,TIN, SCUML etc.Visit www. e nigeria .org or click HERE to chat with us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 14, 2020
Congratulations!

9 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by MickzyDonald: 6:17am On Dec 14, 2020
If its OBO, please respect him

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 14, 2020
The time I listened to jowo, I was disappointed..... disappointed at OBO haters, dem say e nor get lyrics, e nor get talent but people, free your mind listen to jowo

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2020
Congratulations to him.
Yet to download OBO and Wizkid's albums tho, will try before the end of 2021grin

12 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 14, 2020
The only musician I have his full album in my phone.

Haters made me love this boy.
Who God don bless no man fit curse.

More blessings OBO

46 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Bornsinner7: 7:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Is ok

Every Mallam with him kettle and everybody with him grace

4 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by africandictator(m): 8:24am On Dec 14, 2020
This is a front page worthy material, but ops would be reluctant to post it, but if it's a thread on why davido does not have a Grammy they would be quick to post it. Album Don finally swallow albums.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by africandictator(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2020
GayPontiff:
The only musician I have his full album in my phone.

Who God don bless no man fit curse.

More blessings OBO

more blessings to him and all his fans worldwide and in Africa. Proudly a 30bg!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by africandictator(m): 8:27am On Dec 14, 2020
Take note

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by africandictator(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2020
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by OYENIYIJK: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Davido my man; Wizkid my man wink

Meanwhile let's deal with your PayPal funds wink

Come with your rate wink

We move together if you're not satisfied with my rate wink

5 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Favemmzar200(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Nice one OBO

Where is slawormi DAT use to call him frog voice ...see eh dem dey rush dis frog voice oo

15 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by BlessedNuel: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Truth be told....dx Davido of a guy gat big fanbase.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by dalywt6: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
angry
Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by bigstan11787(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
What a better time to release a better time

Like for Davido jor

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by slawormiir: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
That frogged voice fans about to masturbate with this news

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by JoeEeL(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
R Kelly, arguably the greatest 21st century R n B singer has about 83 M views for his hit single 'The World's Greatest'

While Lil Pump, an extremely wacko singer that sings like Harrysong, has 1 Billion views for his extremely crap song, 'Gucci Gang'.

Is Lil Pump now greater than R Kelly? What does that tell you?

In the end, this nonsense of chasing records for number of views and streams does not validate any singer as the greatest -- which it seems this Davido crew are trying to force down our throats. The credit instead should go to his PR team, plus the surplus funds he has. They are good at the music business. Cos in the end, music too is business.

Before the advent of social media, streams, Youtube views et al., Music labels had to be super sure of the talent you had. That's why in the early 2000's, most singers you came across first, had to be somewhat good at music itself : eg. 2face, P Square, Faze Alone, Paul Play Dairo, Blacky, Eddy Remedies, Olu maintain, Eldee the Don, Sound Sultan etc.

Nowadays you'll see people like Naira Marley and Zlatan dominating the airwaves and you wonder if things are normal in this country.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
angry

This guy and wizkid have no talent abeg

Yesterday I decided to sit back and chill listening to made in Lagos album to know why everyone online trashed the album so with a glass of Brandyby my side I started

First track had cool beat I think it's titled reckless then I didn't know when the second track had started because I swear to you all it sounded exactly like the first track what made me know was when I heard burna boys voice so I skipped to the third track and then I stopped and went back to Tems for broken ears album

Anyways congrats

6 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by apasino01: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Most of us went to check it out because of the hype, and we were disappointed.

9 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Bullary: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2020
Wow.. congrats

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Beverlyjean(f): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2020
OBO...BADDEST!!!

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2020
OBO way
OBO doing OBO things

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by 33l0: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) by Legithustle: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2020
africandictator:
This is a front page worthy material, but open would be reluctant to post it, but if it's a thread on why davido does not have a Grammy they would be quick to post it. Album Don finally swallow albums.

Ogbeni keep quiet undecided

You no sabi quality material

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stamina - Tiwa Savage, Ayra Starr, Young Jonn (Official Video) / Broda Shaggi – 'Black Skin Boy' (Video) / Justine Skye - U Don't Know Ft. Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.