Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

When Last Did You Say This To a family member - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did You Say This To a family member (1690 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Say This To a family member by qwertie1234: 11:07am On Dec 14, 2020
when last did you verbally say the statement I LOVE YOU to a brother, sister, mum,dad or child.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Au79(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2020
its not common especially in this part of the world.. I have never said it to a family member sha but I love them

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by qwertie1234: 11:47am On Dec 14, 2020
Au79:
its not common especially in this part of the world..
I have never said it to a family member sha but I love them
i said it to my big bro recently on phone he just replied ' I hear u' ...few hours later, I saw alert. he then called and said he knew I wanted money...I was like na waoooooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Au79(m): 11:57am On Dec 14, 2020
qwertie1234:

i said it to my big bro recently on phone he just replied ' I hear u' ...few hours later, I saw alert. he then called and said he knew I wanted money...I was like na waoooooo
lol..its actually easier to write it on social media especially during their birthdays but saying it verbally either face to face or on phone calls is not possible..
i sent you a personal msg dr..can I have your digit

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by mrblessed(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ask if I have ever said it before to a family member, and if I am willing to say it. By the way, is it that necessary? since Africans have a unique way of showing care and affection. It is just anything that does not mimic how it is done in the western world, is considered an anathema.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by JovialJune(f): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
Yeah, to my better half, on the bed, when doing the do cheesy

He is also family kiss

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by mariahAngel(f): 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
JovialJune:

He is also family kiss

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

That one doesn't count...you were "under the influence" grin

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by JovialJune(f): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Kinda true cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Karleb(m): 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
We don't say it here.

If you love me, show it and keep your mouth shut.

4 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by mariahAngel(f): 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
qwertie1234:

My own brother will just slap you out of that awkward state.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by gbowoade85142: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
when last did you verbally say the statement I LOVE YOU to a brother, sister, mum,dad or child.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by princessConfy(f): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
I told my mum 2 nights ago, it sounds kinda strange but I observed that I felt happier when she responded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Au79(m): 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
mrblessed:
Ask if I have ever said it before to a family member, and if I am willing to say it. By the way, is it that necessary? since Africans have a unique way of showing care and affection. It is just anything that does not mimic how it is done in the western world, is considered an anathema.
true talk
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by qwertie1234: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa grin grin grin
lol....
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by qwertie1234: 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa grin grin grin
lol....
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by qwertie1234: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
princessConfy:
I told my mum 2 nights ago, it sounds kinda strange but I observed that I felt happier when she responded.
wat was her reply wen u told her
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by princessConfy(f): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
qwertie1234:
wat was her reply wen u told her
I love you too
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by XshegzzyeeiX: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2020
JovialJune:

He is also family kiss

undecided

When you guys are having sexual intercourse.
No need to sugarcoat it.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Eastside22(m): 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
I don't know how to say it,how my younger sister comfortably use that sentence on me and my mum still baffles me

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2021
princessConfy:
Awwwww kiss kiss kiss
That is so beautiful of you beautiful Princess.
You are a good child/daughter.
Every parent love those words, tho some may find it strange, due to the fact that it is strange in our culture, but when they are alone, they will think it over again and shed some tears of joy for you appreciating all they have done for you.
God bless you real good.
Your children will make you happy too.
Happy New Year darling.

And one last thing.......Stay out of NL politics dearie. kiss kiss
E get why........

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by The5DME(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2021
I've never said that to any of my family members.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by princessConfy(f): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
post=97838564:

Awwwww kiss kiss kiss
That is so beautiful of you beautiful Princess.
You are a good child/daughter.
Every parent love those words, tho some may find it strange, due to the fact that it is strange in our culture, but when they are alone, they will think it over again and shed some tears of joy for you appreciating all they have done for you.
God bless you real good.
Your children will make you happy too.
Happy New Year darling.

And one last thing.......Stay out of NL politics dearie. kiss kiss
E get why........

You're a sadist and also hypocrite.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Ishilove: 5:49am On Jan 09, 2021
I don't need to tell them and they don't need to tell me. We know we love one another and that suffices. We have our own unique ways of expressing tenderness and affection in our culture.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Ishilove: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2021
qwertie1234:

grin grin

I hear you. Classic Nigerian response cheesy

We're not raised to be expressive in this part of the world, so when you told him you loved him, the alert you received was his way of telling you "I love you too." That's how it works over here.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Ishilove: 5:54am On Jan 09, 2021
princessConfy:

I love you too
This is super awkward embarassed
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by izzou(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2021
Ishilove:

This is super awkward embarassed

Just look at you

undecided
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
qwertie1234:
I have not done it before.
I will not do it for any reason.
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Liposure: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
No need. Love is better expressed than said
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by mariahAngel(f): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
Liposure:
No need. Love is better expressed than said

We need that word of assurance once in a while. Right?
Re: When Last Did You Say This To a family member by Liposure: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

We need that word of assurance once in a while. Right?
certainly

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Sachet Of Water In Your Area? / BB Pins and Twitter names Of The Nairaland Family ! Blockbuster Thread.! / Father Verbally Abuses Wife And Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.