Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! (1373 Views)

What Is Your Advice For Newbie Programmers?? / The BEST Advice For Newbie Programmers... / Help With CSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Hmmmm so i am officially done with CSS and the journey so far has been crazy, frustrating, boring, and any other word you might want to include but what is that saying If there is no struggle there is no progress lol grin grin angry. HTML has been the easiest so far if u r just starting and HTML or HTML5 looks weird just give it some time you will get it, the main issue is CSS, css is not really hard but it is very broad and you might get stuck in trying to learn everything about CSS, for instance, u might decide to create a navbar and end up getting it on your laptop but when you display it on mobile view it might look weird and you begin to think what Is wrong which lead you to try to figure out things on your own, leading to more reading/research leading to more frustration/burnout/waste of time ..that is why someone to guide is very important or you try to learn in group is also good.... One important thing i also learn is that one need to also know how to copy and paste ...coz u don't really need to know how to setup all the code from scratch deep down u have the feeling of how it might or may work just copy and paste it... important part to learn in CSS....... Css basics, float, positioning, flexbox, grid, responsive design .....now i am moving to bootstrap 4, SASS and javascript ...... i am going to be combining everything together ............ then git and react ........ i don't know how javascript is going to be but what is that saying If there is no struggle there is no progress lol grin grin angry.......

if it reaches FP ....I dedicate it to my friend and mentor that we use to trek from house to library/ source of light has recently gotten a job for a book company where they bought him a new laptop charger, change his laptop entire Pentium motherboard to core motherboard, and upgrade his ram..... just continue building your skills and the opportunity will come by wink wink wink ........

3 Likes

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Karleb(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2020
Since you are already feeling like a css guru, let me test your knowledge.

Explain responsive web design. (10 marks)

Using appropriate examples, explain what you understand by CSS animation. (20 marks)

Grid Vs Flexbox, which would you choose. Give reasons. (10 marks)

Explain Transition, Transform and Translate. (10 marks).

How do you center a div? (5 marks).

You have the whole day and you are free to use Google.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by BlueBanana: 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
Congrats Boss
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by SqueezedPant: 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
chingle5:
Hmmmm so i am officially done with CSS and the journey so far has been crazy, frustrating, boring, and any other word you might want to include but what is that saying If there is no struggle there is no progress lol grin grin angry. HTML has been the easiest so far if u r just starting and HTML or HTML5 looks weird just give it some time you will get it, the main issue is CSS, css is not really hard but it is very broad and you might get stuck in trying to learn everything about CSS, for instance, u might decide to create a navbar and end up getting it on your laptop but when you display it on mobile view it might look weird and you begin to think what Is wrong which lead you to try to figure out things on your own, leading to more reading/research leading to more frustration/burnout/waste of time ..that is why someone to guide is very important or you try to learn in group is also good.... One important thing i also learn is that one need to also know how to copy and paste ...coz u don't really need to know how to setup all the code from scratch deep down u have the feeling of how it might or may work just copy and paste it... important part to learn in CSS....... Css basics, float, positioning, flexbox, grid, responsive design .....now i am moving to bootstrap 4, SASS and javascript ...... i am going to be combining everything together ............ then git and react ........ i don't know how javascript is going to be but what is that saying If there is no struggle there is no progress lol grin grin angry.......

if it reaches FP ....I dedicate it to my friend and mentor that we use to trek from house to library/ source of light has recently gotten a job for a book company where they bought him a new laptop charger, change his laptop entire Pentium motherboard to core motherboard, and upgrade his ram..... just continue building your skills and the opportunity will come by wink wink wink ........

finished too bro ,I'm also planning on learning JavaScript , we can partner if you don't mind
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
SqueezedPant:

finished too bro ,I'm also planning on learning JavaScript , we can partner if you don't mind

nice I stay at lagos around unilag
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by NewDelhi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Karleb:

Using appropriate examples, explain what you understand by CSS animation. (20 marks)

You have the whole day and you are free to use Google.

grin

1 Like

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Karleb(m): 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
NewDelhi:
grin
I just wanted to knock him off the high horse.
You don't get done with CSS without years of experience.

3 Likes

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Semtu(m): 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
chingle5:

How can you say you are done with css? No one can ever say, he's done with a particular language, you keep learning everyday.

From the screenshots you sent even, you've barely began learning anything.

6 Likes

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
Semtu:

How can you say you are done with css? No one can ever say, he's done with a particular language, you keep learning everyday.

From the screenshots you sent even, you've barely began learning anything.

Hmmmmm base on my own preference I think I am done u u can still continue it is your choice .... I don't have to put everything I have learn in css in one screenshot ....
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
when learning JavaScript sometimes you may feel you are tired try as much as possible to get a good understanding before moving to any frame work..
and secondly don't move too fast because some people may tell you that you can learn JavaScript in 1to 2 months think about that..
it's programming language it need more than just!
happy coding..

1 Like

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
Congrats dawg.
This mofo is just starting HTML cry
How long did CSS take you to master?
And what were your learning resources?
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by cixak95211: 5:26am On Dec 16, 2020
@Karleb
Those questions are even cheap. Let him solve these below as well.

@chingle5
1. Define and give examples of Mixins?
2. In clear words, give use cases differentiating between mobile responsiveness versus adaptive responsiveness.
3. What are clearfixes used for? Give examples.
4. How do you write css selectors to match files ending with .exe?
5. Explain with details the lifecycle of an html element in the browser, focusing on how css comes to play.
6. Whats the difference between Scss and Sass and Less ?
7. Describe file-splitting in css

2 Likes

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by fnep2smooth(m): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Nice one... It's carry you kaya to Boostrap or material Ui

Thank me later
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2020
Karleb:

[s]You have the whole day and you are free to use Google[/s].

chairman if I use google now it is u that will still be complaining undecided undecided

1 Responsive web design has to do with the layout of a website scaling itself according to the width of the device it Is been viewed upon thereby eradicating the problem of scrolling left and right or zooming in and out of a website....

2. css animation involves changing the state of an element to any movement state which can either be a 2d or 3d movement state using css commands such as Transition, Transform and Translate.

3. skip

4.skip

5. when we use div it practically takes the whole width because it is a block element but when we give it a certain width we can centralize it with margin auto on both left and right thereby giving the div equal space on the left and right ..... centralize it cool cool cool
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2020
cixak95211:
@Karleb
Those questions are even cheap. Let him solve these below as well.

@chingle5
1. Define and give examples of Mixins?
2. In clear words, give use cases differentiating between mobile responsiveness versus adaptive responsiveness.
3. What are clearfixes used for? Give examples.
4. How do you write css selectors to match files ending with .exe?
5. Explain with details the lifecycle of an html element in the browser, focusing on how css comes to play.
6. Whats the difference between Scss and Sass and Less ?
7. Describe file-splitting in css

okkk God will not allow u guys to shame me cool cool...

i think @Karleb should go first grin grin grin grin
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
Rgade:
Congrats dawg.
This mofo is just starting HTML cry
How long did CSS take you to master?
And what were your learning resources?

css was a pain in the ass... i just try to learn the most important things.... learning everything will take longer but learning what u really need will take weeks

I mainly use w3school and my complete web development 2020 course

1 Like

Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
Karleb:

I just wanted to knock him off the high horse.

You don't get done with CSS without years of experience.

na u sabi and the horse that u want to knock off cool
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2020
chingle5:

css was a pain in the ass... i just try to learn the most important things.... learning everything will take longer but learning what u really need will take weeks

Where did you download all those videos shocked
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by SqueezedPant: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2020
chingle5:

give me your WhatsApp bro ,so I can text you
used w3 school too
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
SqueezedPant:

give me your WhatsApp bro ,so I can text you
used w3 school too

I hv not been using WhatsApp for some time nw u change reach on fb
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2020
Rgade:

Where did you download all those videos shocked

Torrent mostly
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by SqueezedPant: 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
chingle5:

I hv not been using WhatsApp for some time nw u change reach on fb
what's your name on Facebook ?
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
SqueezedPant:

what's your name on Facebook ?

Chinedu nnadi
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Excallibur(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2020
bros you can't be done with a language, infact still consider yourself a beginner
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by donchyky: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2020
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2020
donchyky:

Bro I need this course. How can I get it from you?

Hmmm I still in Lagos.. if u can get close to anyway around unilag I will give it to u
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2020
Whr is that karbel....
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by cixak95211: 4:18am On Dec 19, 2020
Whr is that chingle5....
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by chingle5(m): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2020
cixak95211:
Whr is that chingle5....

What happin
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by Darey00(m): 7:23am On Dec 19, 2020
Rule Number 1: You are never *officially* done with CSS
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by jikins(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2020
Darey00:
Rule Number 1: You are never *officially* done with CSS

Know this and know peace!
Re: Officially Done With CSS... Advice For Newbie!!! by PaschalPM(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
If you wish to learn the basics of html, css, and PHP for a token fee of 5k, just chat me up on 08141600811.

Will give you and overview of how web apps work. Other things you will surely learn are how to use forms, understand how to send requests from frontend to your backends, understand how to handle these requests on your backend and send responses back to the frontend and loads more.

I will give you a one day free tutorial before you make any payment if you are still interested.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A Good Program / Help, In Choosing A Tangible And Successful Career. / Final Year Project Topics And Material Booster For MSC, BSC And HND Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.