Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (1103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3307504 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) ... (3649) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
Still on planning trades...

I don't know how many people have visited the 'services' page on binaz (for those who trade there)

For those who trade long-term, rather than hold coins in spot, it might be worth looking out for staking or saving options... I like the options there cos it suits my macro trading pattern....
If you're worried about your coin pumping when its locked, then there are flexible options with lower rates...

Worse case scenario, the interest would pay for the transaction fee when you want to sell the coyn...

The con to this is that you have to take your coyns off the market to benefit...i.e, if you set a stop loss or sell price, you cant use that coyn.... Sometimes, I prefer to set my sell price nd go to sleep... ..

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by hpymoment(f): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:

I don't know how many people have visited the 'services' page on binaz (for those who trade there)

For those who trade long-term, rather than hold coins in spot, it might be worth looking out for staking or saving options... I like the options there cos it suits my macro trading pattern....
If you're worried about your coin pumping when its locked, then there are flexible options with lower rates...

Worse case scenario, the interest would pay for the transaction fee when you want to sell the coyn...

The con to this is that you have to take your coyns off the market to benefit...i.e, if you set a stop loss or sell price, you cant use that coyn.... Sometimes, I prefer to set my sell price nd go to sleep... ..

I have been enjoying my BNB vault and other coins staking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
Sunndaywillie:
Lol grin

People bashing shib and doge, I don't even own those coins, but trust me, e go shock you say, immediately you sell, those coins will start rising grin

That's how annoying this cry.pto is grin
I tell u cheesy is like na me Dy hold am mk he nor move undecided
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:

Mheen!!! As if we had a one on one discussion today. After the dip, I just staked my Ada n Matic as well as provided liquidity under the liquidity pool.

I haven't come here to encourage people to do same yet as I wanted to understand both at least for a 3 month period so as not to mislead people. So far so good.

Staking is basic (self explanatory). You lock your coins depending on what is available (30, 60 or 90 days) at a certain %. Once the days are over, you get your coins back plus additionals based on the percentage.

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
For liquidity pool, though am still understudying it, the summary is that you can provide liquidity to the market based on the coins you own. If it's a pair you provide for eg (ada/usdt), no transaction fees, plus you enjoy trading fees plus % profits etc. But if it's a single pair, you pay for transactions.

Note that this comes with risk based on market fluctuating.

For better understanding, watch the 5mins video over and over again on the liquidity pool section before you start ooo.

This is not a financial advise. grin

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by hpymoment(f): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
nna777:

Mheen!!! As if we had a one on one discussion today. After the dip, I just staked my Ada n Matic as well as provided liquidity under the liquidity pool.

I haven't come here to encourage people to do same yet as I wanted to understand both at least for a 3 month period so as not to mislead people. So far so good.

Staking is basic (self explanatory). You lock your coins depending on what is available (30, 60 or 90 days) at a certain %. Once the days are over, you get your coins back plus additionals based on the percentage.
Don’t they stake ETH and btc ? I couldn’t find them on the options and when I searched, they were not there as well.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Oyindamolah: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Back to the #Altcoin update again. Price has already shown us some strong upside adjustment which I've anticipated at the previous post about the altcoins index. This is however a good technical factor to drive the price higher to the anticipated target as well.

This is the daily time frame where we can see price has already broken out above the first zone of resistance and we know that yesterday's wick on the candle stick means a heavy rejection from the bears that the bulls have finally won this war.

RSI also shows us a beautiful price action with a major push to the upside with its curving up structure. Currently, it's testing the overbought level which will leads the price to even stronger level as well. MACD histogram has also shown us a major tick to the upside with a lot of confluence reasons to have another gain in the future.

Altcoins market will be a very interesting market right now as the altcoins index are showing us an absolute beauty for more of upside movement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Generally, I believe one doesn't necessarily need to know charts to trade crypt0 successfully... In crypt0, making money is not difficult, keeping it is the hard part.

Certain principles rule this market..
one is knowing that no body can time the top or bottom... Hence the need to average in...
Second is knowing that the market ALWAYS has a way of tricking the majority at the extremes of a trend....hence the need to plan b4 hand...
Third is knowing that the market is volatile hence no need to fomo...
Fourth is that one is more likely to make and keep money trading fewer coins hence I don't spread myself thin
Another is that betece and eith (to a smaller extent) rule this market... I use them as my bench mark... I don't go around fighting a market I cannot control.

I'd explain certain things that saved me during the last selloff..
After experiencing previous bitc0in rallies, experience has taught me how brutal the market can be when it turns...and there's no guarantee of not being caught offside... The good thing is that an alyt run gives one enough time to make money... Hence, as far back as January when PDOT pumped from 4 to 20, I had started locking in profits into less fluid or volatile assets... As the market wore on, most of what I was trading was profits I made...
Those here know I mistimed the selloff averaging in a bit early (funny enough, I even deployed some new fiat)... But when all the dust settled, the only ish was that I gave back some profits to the market... Not whether I was at loss or not... It was the profits I had locked in that I deployed slowly during the dip......

The problem with keeping raw usdt on exchanges is first security and the fact that one can be carried away by greed/euphoria to make wrong decisions...

I trade multiple markets... I've said it multiple times that I have no problem keeping treasury bills for 1 year at 10%. The only reason I liquidated my treasury bill was cos of the devaluation of the naira... I have never seen anyone who's target was 10% pa who had problems trading crypt0...

Bitc0in tends to make 2-3 strong moves every year... It's on these moves that most money is made or lost.

Sometimes, I lock in profits into gold, certain slow moving stocks or real estate... So when crypt0 nukes, I recycle those profits....

My point is simple.... There's a good chance bitc0in might go on another rally towards the end of year or next year... I have started planning already how to progressively lock in profits...so that when the market nukes (it definitely would), I wouldn't be blame China...

I'd share final thoughts on this in the next post

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Finally, regarding protecting profits, I always aim to have some fiat at most times....

Nothing is fixed and sometimes, one has to join a moving bus...
But my ideal situation would be to divide my portfolio into 5 parts...
One part is likely to remain mainly in cash except in extremes...

The remaining four parts is split between selected coyns...

Once I sell a coyn for profit, part of that profit is moved out...... Or locked in savings or staked... No matter what (except in extremes), new capital would not be deployed on a crazy green day... I'd rather deploy it at majors on a red (on support) on a red week

I trade size and I'm not in a hurry to multiply my account size... I'm more interested in protecting my capital..
I already know how much capital I've deployed... When I move a good chunk all out in profit, I can then start looking at how to multiply the rest..

Like I say, na my plan be this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
nna777:

Yeah... A good number of times I just do the flexible ones where I can pullout when I want... The interest isn't as much... But its good money when I convert to naira... Moreso, it's money made by doing nothing

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:
Another coin I've been watching is uni...
Its one of the relatively new coyns (alongside aave, ksm, dot).
Throughout this drop, it held up its usd value relatively well. Got into a small position earlier on at 20usd... Hoping to ride it to 25-30...

Against betece, it's held support so far. This should serve as a fulcrum to push it up if it continues to hold....

Back to coyns...

Still hoping to squeeze 30 dols outta this... Eitherway, I've upped my stops... Looking to see if it can flip 25

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Oyindamolah: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:
Finally, regarding protecting profits, I always aim to have some fiat at most times....

Once I sell a coyn for profit, part of that profit is moved out...... Or locked in savings or staked... No matter what (except in extremes), new capital would not be deployed on a crazy green day... I'd rather deploy it at majors on a red (on support) on a red week

I trade size and I'm not in a hurry to multiply my account size... I'm more interested in protecting my capital..
I already know how much capital I've deployed... When I move a good chunk all out in profit, I can then start looking at how to multiply the rest..

This is what most INVESTORS do. Newbies take note.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:
Another coin I've come to trade more of recent is sol....

The usd chart is quite clear... Levels are distinct

Against betece (2nd), it's held up its structure quite well and had a stong finish

The next real resistance with this is about 42.. but I cut half at 40 as I generally like to take profits at whole numbers...

A retest of 35 or 31 would be gladly appreciated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco

Much respect to you chief.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
Time to buy PSG coin b4 he moon
Long term da shit cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nairalandian:

Ah, so they rugged you too.
I was shell shocked, I mean if I was rugged in a regular shitcoin, I'd moved on easily. But this guys, released a video of a team member -an actor they later claimed-, beautiful game previews and all that, I still surprised they didn't last 30 minutes.
I really hope the dude in their dox video isn't dealt with if someone lays his hands on him.

Hahahaha. Join the club. The thing shock me. I've never seen a team put that much effort into a rug. Those guys are good scammers mehn. Hushpuppi dey learn work where them dey.

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Asis(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
Guys how do u see KAVA/BTC pls

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 2funkyy(f): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:

Wouldn't it be the best option to just put money in savings ? Since guaranteed capital is what you want.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Asis:

We see it as btckava... Any other thing? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tyche:
Damn!! Part of the game brother. Stay safe

Charge it to the game bro. We move.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Oyindamolah:
Back to the #Altcoin update again. Price has already shown us some strong upside adjustment which I've anticipated at the previous post about the altcoins index. This is however a good technical factor to drive the price higher to the anticipated target as well.

This is the daily time frame where we can see price has already broken out above the first zone of resistance and we know that yesterday's wick on the candle stick means a heavy rejection from the bears that the bulls have finally won this war.

RSI also shows us a beautiful price action with a major push to the upside with its curving up structure. Currently, it's testing the overbought level which will leads the price to even stronger level as well. MACD histogram has also shown us a major tick to the upside with a lot of confluence reasons to have another gain in the future.

Altcoins market will be a very interesting market right now as the altcoins index are showing us an absolute beauty for more of upside movement.

Thanks for sharing. Which ALTs are you targeting and at what BTC range will you stay bullish on ALTs?

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
jedisco:
Generally, I believe one doesn't necessarily need to know charts to trade crypt0 successfully... In crypt0, making money is not difficult, keeping it is the hard part.

Certain principles rule this market..
one is knowing that no body can time the top or bottom... Hence the need to average in...
Second is knowing that the market ALWAYS has a way of tricking the majority at the extremes of a trend....hence the need to plan b4 hand...
Third is knowing that the market is volatile hence no need to fomo...
Fourth is that one is more likely to make and keep money trading fewer coins hence I don't spread myself thin
Another is that betece and eith (to a smaller extent) rule this market... I use them as my bench mark... I don't go around fighting a market I cannot control.

I'd explain certain things that saved me during the last selloff..
After experiencing previous bitc0in rallies, experience has taught me how brutal the market can be when it turns...and there's no guarantee of not being caught offside... The good thing is that an alyt run gives one enough time to make money... Hence, as far back as January when PDOT pumped from 4 to 20, I had started locking in profits into less fluid or volatile assets... As the market wore on, most of what I was trading was profits I made...
Those here know I mistimed the selloff averaging in a bit early (funny enough, I even deployed some new fiat)... But when all the dust settled, the only ish was that I gave back some profits to the market... Not whether I was at loss or not... It was the profits I had locked in that I deployed slowly during the dip......

The problem with keeping raw usdt on exchanges is first security and the fact that one can be carried away by greed/euphoria to make wrong decisions...

I trade multiple markets... I've said it multiple times that I have no problem keeping treasury bills for 1 year at 10%. The only reason I liquidated my treasury bill was cos of the devaluation of the naira... I have never seen anyone who's target was 10% pa who had problems trading crypt0...

Bitc0in tends to make 2-3 strong moves every year... It's on these moves that most money is made or lost.

Sometimes, I lock in profits into gold, certain slow moving stocks or real estate... So when crypt0 nukes, I recycle those profits....

My point is simple.... There's a good chance bitc0in might go on another rally towards the end of year or next year... I have started planning already how to progressively lock in profits...so that when the market nukes (it definitely would), I wouldn't be blame China...

I'd share final thoughts on this in the next post

Boss what stage of the market do you think we are now. What levels for BTC would turn you super bullish, or are you still in swing mode? Some are saying we are in altcoin season but I'm yet to have that confidence until BTC recaptures the 200 day EMA. I am fully in FIAT now having played my last swings on ADA and XRP last week. Market did not come down enough for me to gain reentry. I look forward to your thoughts before I go FOMOing and the thing bite me.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Oyindamolah: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
Asis:
Buy it
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
hpymoment:

Don’t they stake ETH and btc ? I couldn’t find them on the options and when I searched, they were not there as well.

Most probably because both are market leaders and also for Bitcoin mining still going on.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Oya make we vote..

Which coin go first disappear should incase btc dips to 10k dollars

Click like for Shiba Inú aka doge killer

Click share for Doge aka the self acclaim bitcoin killer grin grin grin grin

Vote wisely

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
DenreleDave:
Oya make we vote..

Which coin go first disappear should incase btc dips to 10k dollars

Click like for Shiba Inú aka doge killer

Click share for Doge aka the self acclaim bitcoin killer grin grin grin grin

Vote wisely
doge
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Okogiemikejr(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=DieRich5 post=104507433]Time to buy PSG coin b4 he moon
Long term da shit cheesy[/quo
This coin has so much to give us

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nastydroid(m): 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
crazymommy:
MR zugar coin don come again.......operation people must buy your zugar by force....zugar coin ko Zuckerberg ni.....
grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Loverboy3333: 11:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
PSG has done almost 100%, stupid me I sold 2 days ago at loss , this is painful

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:02am On Aug 07, 2021
Good to see icp pump...
I've tracked it for a while and all its done is to selloff.. I believe it listed at the wrong time...just before betece restrace
Few days back, it claimed the daily support with a bullish candle close (pictured)... So I got in.... Almost cut it when it dipped below support and started looking like a fakeout...
Wanted to share here but decided not to as icp is still a relatively new coin....
It's difficult to say how far up this can go... But I believe it pumps good given the suppression its had... Targeting 100 on this with some hiccups around 68.... But ready to take profits once I see weakness... Of course, stops are in good profit

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:07am On Aug 07, 2021
Structure wise, shib is a coyn I think its due a good pump.... Never traded this coin but just based on structure

The first chart shows the monthly structure and good structure being built...

Not in it yet for 2 reasons...
1. Dont like buying alyts on a green betece day
2. Its yet to claim the daily support.... I'd want it to finish its current pump, and come back to flip that support b4 taking position... Would keep an eye on this

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:13am On Aug 07, 2021
With betece getting closer to 45-46k, I'm not too keen on alyt trades yet ...

One I'm watching is xrp... It's had an initial pump and battling resistance between 0.8-0.84... if it breaks out and flips 0.8, a rally to 1 should ideally come quickly..

I'd look to add to my initial position if that happens

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) ... (3649) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: jayce232, Cecegrace(f), Nedstar and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.