Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3306697 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) ... (3649) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
mubbyone:
I have over 2,000 pi , how much do you wanna pay per pi.

He wants to buy It 100 naira per pi
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
OpenHeaven2019:
Ibime the US just entered a recession officially and this news didn’t have any major effect on the market as I was expecting.

Could the worst be over?

Here is what I think. The market crash will start gaining speed around September this year. Last time around in 2008, the market was ranging on the monthly till September 2008. From September 2008, the market consistently fell with speed.
The same scenario may play out this time around. A lot of experts are projecting this market crash to be worse than that of 2008.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by myonekobosay: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
where do u guys get USDT cheaply? Biinance rates are ungodly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by akinwun(m): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
mubbyone:
I have over 2,000 pi , how much do you wanna pay per pi.
Chat me up
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by pryme(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Not officially yet.

Unofficial: maybe.

The US is in a recession Oga, all this word salad is to make Biden look good.
The shrinking of an economy in 2 consecutive quarters is called a recession Period.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
Geovanni412:

Here is what I think. The market crash will start gaining speed around September this year. Last time around in 2008, the market was ranging on the monthly till September 2008. From September 2008, the market consistently fell with speed.
The same scenario may play out this time around. A lot of experts are projecting this market crash to be worse than that of 2008.
nobody can time a market crash

17 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kingsteve(m): 12:14am On Jul 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

There's no worse time for the crypto market to crash than now!
What makes you think there won't be some sort of positive macroeconomics by or before September, which will further boost the crypto market?

What we're experiencing now is that BTC has probably bottomed out at 17k, and it's very likely the bulls are taking over till the end of this year...why not?
After all, usually; there are two cycles in a trading calendar year...the bear and bull markets!

Just because the markets crashed in 2008, doesn't necessarily mean the same scenario will play out this time around.
What's the correlation?

From my point of view, I see BTC hitting 31k before or by the end of the year.
This run may even carry on into the Q1 of next year, where BTC could be chasing 37-39k

Take a look at the BTC W1 chart below...see the closeness between 23k to 26k, and from 26k to a strong resistance at 31k...it's possible!

The RSI in the higher timeframes; D4, W1, W2, and 1MN are all in the oversold territory; below 30, meaning that the next move will naturally be for traders to buy, which will at some point take the RSI above 70 in the overbought territory, and the cycle continues...
That's basically trading!

Even at gunpoint, I still remain bullish in the midst of the bears!
The laws of trading have to play out...just like the law of gravity!

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 1:52am On Jul 29, 2022
posty56:
nobody can time a market crash

Take a look at the picture and tell me if this scenario doesn't look familiar in terms of dollar to euro value. I'm not saying I am an expert at timing the market but what I can say is that the market has collapsed from September in 2002 and in 2008. And 2002 was the last time we saw a dollar to euro 1-1 value. See the article :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_market_downturn_of_2002
History could repeat itself. That's all I have to say.

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 1:58am On Jul 29, 2022
Kingsteve:

There's no worse time for the crypto market to crash than now!
What makes you think there won't be some sort of positive macroeconomics by or before September, which will further boost the crypto market?

What we're experiencing now is that BTC has probably bottomed out at 17k, and it's very likely the bulls are taking over till the end of this year...why not?
After all, usually; there are two cycles in a trading calendar...the bear and bull markets!

Just because the markets crashed in 2008, doesn't necessarily mean the same scenario will play out this time around.
What's the correlation?

From my point of view, I see BTC hitting 31k before or by the end of the year.
This run may even carry on into the Q1 of next year, where BTC could be chasing 37-39k

Take a look at the BTC W1 chart below...see the closeness between 23k to 26k, and from 26k to a strong resistance at 31k...it's possible!

The RSI in the higher timeframes; D4, W1, W2, 1M are all in the oversold territory; below 30, meaning that the next move will naturally be for traders to buy, which will at some point take the RSI above 70 in the overbought territory, and the cycle continues...
That's basically trading!

Even at gunpoint, I still remain bullish in the midst of the bears!
The laws of trading have to play out...just like the law of gravity!

Bro, you are talking about trading on daily and weekly timeframe. As a trader, I will take a long or relief rally if I see the opportunity to make money off it. I can either scalp it, break even or double my money off such a trade. Now, this fact does not in any way change the overall/general market trend on the monthly.
There is no miracle that will stop this recession. All that the us fed is doing is to try and slow it down. Watch these videos for more context :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r_7N9EMJy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vL6K2Yop0

Btc being oversold does not mean we have changed from bear to bull market. It could simply mean that we are seeing a relief rally. See this article: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/relief-rally.asp

In summary, as an investor, one should be careful of jumping into relief rallies because they could burn one's portfolio. On the other hand, a trader (a scalper or daytrader) doesn't need to be too concerned abt all this news. His focus will be on the market delivering signals on support zones on the daily and 4h charts.
No matter how a market drops on the weekly, 60 percent or more of the time after every breakout downwards, it will range. This means, there will always be buying opportunities even in the midst of a recession.

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nancyv(f): 2:18am On Jul 29, 2022
Please,what can cause a sell order on binance spot not to execute?This has happened two times now.i placed my sell order at a certain price,it reached the price and the coin didn't sell.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 2:20am On Jul 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

Take a look at the picture and tell me if this scenario doesn't look familiar in terms of dollar to euro value. I'm not saying I am an expert and timing the market but what I can say is that the market has collapsed from September in 2002 and in 2008. And 2002 was the last time we saw a dollar to euro 1-1 value. See the article :
ok,if you are very sure ,let's make a bet ,$10 bet ,if market crash on September I pay you $10 if e no crash you owe me ,deal? cheesy ,

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 2:31am On Jul 29, 2022
even Michael burry ,one of the greatest short seller,who predicted/bet that the housing market to crash ,it took him about three years before it happened (for reference go and watch big Short), geovanni412, i have screenshot of your post September will come I will remind you cheesy, what you need to understand that the market is highly manipulated unless tell me how the hell market was even after 0.75% interest rate hike ,plus too negative quarter ?will the bubble bust? yes ,but Is it now? I doubt it

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 2:40am On Jul 29, 2022
ok I hate going political,but Democrats are the worst thing that happened to America,so you went as far as to tweak the definition of recession just fit their agenda just as they're changing the definition of woman. , this people are like cancer they control the biggest media platforms, gullible Americans keep swallowing their propaganda,Joe Biden is a terrible president no matter how they tweak the definition of recession

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 2:44am On Jul 29, 2022
SMH

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Geovanni412(m): 2:54am On Jul 29, 2022
posty56:
even Michael burry ,one of the greatest short seller,who predicted/bet that the housing market to crash ,it took him about three years before it happened (for reference go and watch big Short), geovanni412, i have screenshot of your post September will come I will remind you cheesy, what you need to understand that the market is highly manipulated unless tell me how the hell market was even after 0.75% interest rate hike ,plus too negative quarter ?will the bubble bust? yes ,but Is it now? I doubt it

By the End of September, we will know if history repeats itself or not. The s n p 500 should be lower than 3650 by then and by virtue of that, btc should be lower than 18k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kingsteve(m): 3:17am On Jul 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

Bro, you are talking about trading on daily and weekly timeframe. As a trader, I will take a long or relief rally if I see the opportunity to make money off it. I can either scalp it, break even or double my money off such a trade. Now, this fact does not in any way change the overall/general market trend on the monthly.
There is no miracle that will stop this recession. All that the us fed is doing is to try and slow it down. Watch these videos for more context :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r_7N9EMJy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vL6K2Yop0

Btc being oversold does not mean we have changed from bear to bull market. It could simply mean that we are seeing a relief rally. See this article: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/relief-rally.asp

In summary, as an investor, one should be careful of jumping into relief rallies because they could burn one's portfolio. On the other hand, a trader (a scalper or daytrader) doesn't need to be too concerned abt all this news. His focus will be on the market delivering signals on support zones on the daily and 4h charts.
No matter how a market drops on the weekly, 60 percent or more of the time after every breakout downwards, it will range. This means, there will always be buying opportunities even in the midst of a recession.

Inasmuch as any scenario can play out in the markets, but I always look at the charts for better understanding of price movements.

One thing about FA, is that prices sometimes fail to take the direction of what the FA projects, instead it goes the opposite direction, just like we recently witnessed.

So many reasons can be attributed to this unusual trend, but when the charts are consulted, it begins to make more sense why prices behave the way they do.

Are we saying that it's an impossible task for BTC to hit 31k before or at the end of the year?
Again, I'm consulting the charts, and this time around, I'll be using the monthly timeframe, which will give us a broader perspective of future price movement.

Kindly disregard the horizontal lines and pay attention to the candles.
Look at the previous red monthly candle.
The price opened on 01/06/22 in the 31k region, dropped to ATL at 17k, and closed at 19.9k in that same month.
Meaning that BTC lost 35% from its opening to closing price.

The current green monthly candle opened on 01/07/22 at 19.9k, and currently at 23.7k as at writing this.
This means BTC is up 19% or thereabouts from its monthly opening price to the current price.

Mathematically, the bears have given up 19% of its territory to the bulls, remaining 16% more for the bulls to recover the 35% lost to the bears.
Is 16% an impossible task for BTC to reclaim from now to the end of the year? grin

Moving forward...if BTC manages to close out this current green candle at any price above 23k, and creeps into the 24k region, while opening the next monthly candle in that same 24k region, it basically means the bull market is gradually staging a comeback, and the next target will be 26k.

We have 5 more monthly candles to go, to close this trading calendar year, and if the bulls continue to gain more territory from the bears, I see no reason why BTC price won't hit 31k, just like it did last month June as the opening price, before it capitulated to 17k

This might sound a bit too technical, but I'm sure you understand my language.
In summary: the charts will always give a better, clearer and wider view about the future movement of BTC price than any fundamentals.

Having said that, it wouldn't really baffle me, if BTC price suddenly changes direction and heads south in the coming months due to sustained negative macroeconomics.

But like always, I rely more on chart readings than any other factor which may affect BTC price.

10 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 3:52am On Jul 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

By the End of September, we will know if history repeats itself or not. The s n p 500 should be lower than 3650 by then and by virtue of that, btc should be lower than 18k
okay o ,make we dey watch
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Fastt: 7:13am On Jul 29, 2022
Fastt:
A lot are leaking their wounds. Bear market, voyager,Luna collapse,celcuis collapse, token collapse, job losses etc.

The shorters too are rekt.

the fearfuls are by the side watching...
The ones that will jump in and get burnt.
BTC don reach 24k. Oya noise makers should start coming out. ABI dem don reach village ni grin

Once you are winning, someone else is losing cos lots of these coins are still speculative.

People are losing money o.invest what you can afford to loose.
The thieves that stole ppl Luna crash, voyager,celcuis,etc.are buying back gradually.
Be careful out there. No new money but market moving. Hahaha.
Some sh1t coins I gave try, I checked the site, I no see them sef again cheesy. I bin think say my 30usd do n turn to 50k. Wahala dey o.

Anyway make I stay with my bnb and BTC. I'm sure another crash will happen but the major ones have gone ...exchange wey wan fold go don fold... <Safe to invest now>
If you are long term investor like me wink, buy and move your coins.
Trade and leave the dusts on exchange. Enough said.

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by doyin01: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

Take a look at the picture and tell me if this scenario doesn't look familiar in terms of dollar to euro value. I'm not saying I am an expert at timing the market but what I can say is that the market has collapsed from September in 2002 and in 2008. And 2002 was the last time we saw a dollar to euro 1-1 value. See the article :

Oga leave story..nobody can time the market crash...

And besides why are you making it look like 2002 and 2008 were only the time the market experienced a heavy crash.....

Read this .....

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/24/a-short-history-of-stock-market-crashes.html

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by moshuur(m): 8:42am On Jul 29, 2022
posty56:
okay o ,make we dey watch
he has made his own prediction based on history (it tends to repeat itself...NOT ALWAYS sha) that btc will likely be around 18k

The question is what's ur own prediction by September ....

By God's grace, we will all be alive till September and beyond (we'll remind u guys who's right or wrong)....u're even will to bet.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sheriman(m): 8:49am On Jul 29, 2022
nancyv:
Please,what can cause a sell order on binance spot not to execute?This has happened two times now.i placed my sell order at a certain price,it reached the price and the coin didn't sell.
So strange never happened to me before
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by myonekobosay: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Hope channel breaks

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mubbyone(m): 10:14am On Jul 29, 2022
Mehn, this wing coin in Binance just did over 440%

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DaemoLee: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2022
nancyv:

Not possible!
Take example: U placed a sell order at exactly $6.09 when the coin was at $5 or any where below at the point of placing the sell order, the token price must rise above to at least $6.10 b4 sell order can be executed.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by patricknz(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Bosses PunkPanda token(PPM) listing in five hours. Anyone following that?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by posty56: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2022
moshuur:

he has made his own prediction based on history (it tends to repeat itself...NOT ALWAYS sha) that btc will likely be around 18k

The question is what's ur own prediction by September ....

By God's grace, we will all be alive till September and beyond (we'll remind u guys who's right or wrong)....u're even will to bet.
I have no prediction cheesy, cause I have been calling market crash since last cheesy,. it just felt stupid Being a constant preacher of doom , especially when e no they make my portfolio rise ,so I just focus my energy on my trading skills, hopefully it pays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Seankhalifa: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
akinwun:
Anyone with PI crypto should contact me immediately.
Provided you have done KYC and migrated to mainnet

+2347030790078
talk am here... how much u go buy 1 pi... make we do open business
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 10kgod(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
patricknz:
Bosses PunkPanda token(PPM) listing in five hours. Anyone following that?

Explain this well....
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
na 100 naira he wan buy per pi
Seankhalifa:
talk am here... how much u go buy 1 pi... make we do open business
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by atinga1: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

it won't be on September. Some people are already in wait for that, going by history like you said. It's likely to happen before or after September, when no one expects it.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) ... (3649) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Hedonisco, Ekehwinz, caabb55(m), iLegendd(m), Dundalk(m), LordAdam16, MrSamsung(m), S4SOLOMON4(m), mindtricks and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.